Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The production of that video is amazing! Pros and cons of living in the greatest fucking country on earth! We might have more shooting deaths but do other countries make high quality videos like that? Fuck no they don't. We focus way to much on the victims, tbh. Why not focus on the survivors and tell their stories?

USA: land of Hollywood and guns.

The best part about that video though is that the young couple was able to get out and hug at the end. It made me totally forget about the victims.

You have two choices in that situation. Become a victim or make your own love story.

Yes, mass shootings are no different than being prepared for a hurricane or having a plan if there should be an earthquake.

I’m glad everyone we were instructed to notice/care about in the first 45 seconds managed to survive with relatively little trauma. Because that’s how it works.

My friend in Ohio recently went down the logical path of “well in general we shouldn’t have guns but if everyone has them then I want them because it makes me feel safer.”

To that I asked the question. You’ve pulled up to your local grocery store and are minding your own business in the dried beans section when dudeo who was having a bad week decided to march into the grocery store, pull out a gun, and shoot anyone and everyone until someone shoots him or he has one bullet left. Where is your supposed protective gun at this point? In the glove compartment of your car? Sorry, you’ve already been shot.

In general, how many mass shootings have we heard were averted because of a “good guy with a gun?” Honestly, I’ve heard more averted from some brave unarmed soul that looks death in the face to console a shooter. But back to the question - the best I can think of is when the “good guy with the gun,” on occasion, has prevented a mass casualty event from being larger than it was. What immediately comes to mind was that church shooting in Texas. The “good guy with the gun” managed to take out the killer… after 27 people had been killed and another 22 had been shot. Much like a military firing a missile, it’s a lot easier to guarantee that 100% of missiles can’t be launched than it is to guarantee you’ll shoot down 100% of them. It’s really hard to shoot down a missile.

My friend in Ohio recently went down the logical path of “well in general we shouldn’t have guns but if everyone has them then I want them because it makes me feel safer.”

To that I asked the question. You’ve pulled up to your local grocery store and are minding your own business in the dried beans section when dudeo who was having a bad week decided to march into the grocery store, pull out a gun, and shoot anyone and everyone until someone shoots him or he has one bullet left. Where is your supposed protective gun at this point? In the glove compartment of your car? Sorry, you’ve already been shot.

In general, how many mass shootings have we heard were averted because of a “good guy with a gun?” Honestly, I’ve heard more averted from some brave unarmed soul that looks death in the face to console a shooter. But back to the question - the best I can think of is when the “good guy with the gun,” on occasion, has prevented a mass casualty event from being larger than it was. What immediately comes to mind was that church shooting in Texas. The “good guy with the gun” managed to take out the killer… after 27 people had been killed and another 22 had been shot. Much like a military firing a missile, it’s a lot easier to guarantee that 100% of missiles can’t be launched than it is to guarantee you’ll shoot down 100% of them. It’s really hard to shoot down a missile.
The other danger of everyone having guns, is that the good guy with the gun May either be not trained, or accidentally shoot the wrong people. And it also makes it much more difficult for the police to know who the actual shooter is if they storm the building and you suddenly have three guys with guns, and only one of them is bad.

Right. In self defense dealing with guns. If you're lucky enough to disarm a gunman, you're taught to immediately discard the gun so it cannot be used again.....but also if the cops show up and see you still holding the gun they assume you're the gunman.

so this video isn't new. i saw it as part of a mandatory training. it's been on youtube for two years.

it's stoking the flames of outrage culture now because a rando posted it on the twitters.

this video is a good thing.

it's not a solution, and shouldn't be seen as a solution. but it is reality - and yes, people should know these things.

the FBI can't change the law. educating the public on what should be done if you find yourself in this scenario is not a bad thing.

it's a sad state of affairs that knowing this type of information is important. but it is.

people should spend less time complaining that the FBI put this together and more time supporting Everytown or March For Our Lives, or supporting democrats in purple districts that could potentially help take back all of congress in 2024.

they should also watch the video - or at least the ending - because it's important.

i've been in lockdown before - in what turned out to be a false alarm - in a situation where i was in charge of 150 people - the majority of them kids. i stood by the door with the largest metal object i could find - which happened to be a track and field starting block. it was heavy, but not so heavy that i couldn't swing it quickly if i had to bash someone's head in.

it was one of the first things i did once we were locked down - because i was trained to do so.

Last edited:
The other danger of everyone having guns, is that the good guy with the gun May either be not trained, or accidentally shoot the wrong people. And it also makes it much more difficult for the police to know who the actual shooter is if they storm the building and you suddenly have three guys with guns, and only one of them is bad.

the main danger in a society overwhelmed by easy access to guns is a higher suicide rate.

the states with the highest suicide by firearm rates are all very red, very pro guns states. the states with the lowest suicide by firearm rates are all very blue, very pro gun control states. the rate in the states with the least number of gun control laws on the book is more than twice what it is in the states with the most.

this is the too often forgotten tragedy of a society obsessed with guns.

so this video isn't new. i saw it as part of a mandatory training. it's been on youtube for two years.

it's stoking the flames of outrage culture now because a rando posted it on the twitters.

this video is a good thing.

it's not a solution, and shouldn't be seen as a solution. but it is reality - and yes, people should know these things.

the FBI can't change the law. educating the public on what should be done if you find yourself in this scenario is not a bad thing.

it's a sad state of affairs that knowing this type of information is important. but it is.

people should spend less time complaining that the FBI put this together and more time supporting Everytown or March For Our Lives, or supporting democrats in purple districts that could potentially help take back all of congress in 2024.

they should also watch the video - or at least the ending - because it's important.

i've been in lockdown before - in what turned out to be a false alarm - in a situation where i was in charge of 150 people - the majority of them kids. i stood by the door with the largest metal object i could find - which happened to be a track and field starting block. it was heavy, but not so heavy that i couldn't swing it quickly if i had to bash someone's head in.

it was one of the first things i did once we were locked down - because i was trained to do so.

Oh for sure. I do agree with this even after my satire posts about how ridiculous it is that this video is released.

I felt like the gal was still more annoyed than the guy took a phone call on their first date than the shooting

I read that Elon Musk is promoting on Twitter that the Allen Texas shooting was a "psyop", which I had to Google. Guess he fancies himself to be the next Alex Jones.

He also fancies himself way too much, can't stand Elon Musk.

I read that Elon Musk is promoting on Twitter that the Allen Texas shooting was a "psyop", which I had to Google. Guess he fancies himself to be the next Alex Jones.

yea he absolutely was / is doing that, and it's not being reported enough. his stock prices should be plummeting right now.

i mean - they already have plummeted since his twitter take over - but they should plummet even further.

Like all of the other Tech geniuses, it was all just a lot of PR management. We were told for years that these guys/gals were just so brilliant, going to change and save the world!

Turns out a lot of them are frauds.

Musk definitely the most dangerous of them all right now with his amplification of Nazis, Conspiracy Theorists / Anti Vax

If they showed the footage/photos of what guns do to bodies and not happy pics of victims maybe things would change.

Shouldn’t have too of course but got to try anything at this point to save others.

I never met a gun owner who was pro this. Majority want change. I’m not one. I grew up playing with toys guns. Now I get sick thinking of it.

Last edited:
At least nine people were wounded in a mass shooting at Florida’s Hollywood Beach on Memorial Day, according to reports.

The incident, which saw a 15-year-old victim among the wounded, took place in the area of the 1200 block of N Broadwalk on Monday evening, according to CBS Miami.

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Seven people were shot, two fatally, when gunfire rang out Tuesday outside a downtown theater in Richmond, Virginia, where a high school graduation ceremony had just ended, causing hundreds of attendees to flee in panic, weep and clutch their children, authorities and witnesses said.

A 19-year-old suspect tried to escape on foot but was arrested and will be charged with two counts of second-degree murder, Interim Richmond Police Chief Rick Edwards said during a nighttime news conference at which he confirmed the two fatalities.

Five others were wounded by the gunfire outside the state capital’s city-owned Altria Theater, which is across the street from a large, grassy park and in the middle of the Virginia Commonwealth University campus. At least 12 others were injured or treated for anxiety due to the mayhem, according to police.

CNN

At least nine people were injured in a mass shooting in downtown Denver, police said, as crowds gathered to celebrate the Nuggets’ first NBA championship.

Shots were fired during an altercation involving several people, police said, hours after the Nuggets defeated the Miami Heat at the Ball Arena less than a mile away.

Of nine people shot, three are in critical condition, and the rest are believed to have non-life-threatening injuries, police said. Officers took into custody a suspect who also had been shot, police said.

CNN

At least nine people were injured in a mass shooting in downtown Denver, police said, as crowds gathered to celebrate the Nuggets’ first NBA championship.

Shots were fired during an altercation involving several people, police said, hours after the Nuggets defeated the Miami Heat at the Ball Arena less than a mile away.

Of nine people shot, three are in critical condition, and the rest are believed to have non-life-threatening injuries, police said. Officers took into custody a suspect who also had been shot, police said.

This situation has neither a good guy with a gun, nor a drag Queen.

Parkland school resource officer found not guilty on all counts. Doesn't seem right to me.
I'm torn on this one. If anything, it shows the reality of AR-15's being so widely available. The cop probably knew he had zero chance. But at the same time, when you sign up to be a cop, you have to know that this is your oath.

Yeah, tough call. Is being a coward a criminal act?
Probably not criminal, but certainly negligent and he should be dealt with somehow. I assume (haven't researched) he's no longer employed as a police officer. At the very least he should never be able to be entrusted with the public's safety again.

Just another day in the land of the free

CNN

Police in Philadelphia are investigating a sprawling shooting they believe left five people dead and two children injured Monday evening, before authorities arrested a suspect who they say had a bulletproof vest, an AR-15 style rifle and a handgun.

Authorities initially said four people were killed, but early Tuesday announced the discovery of a fifth body in the same Kingsessing neighborhood in southwestern Philadelphia, and said they preliminarily believe that person was killed in the same spree.

The shooting spanned several blocks, damaging vehicles and littering the streets with dozens of spent shell casings, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle M. Outlaw said in a Monday night news conference.

Back
Top Bottom