Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still mind-blowing that nothing was done to fix our gun issue after Sandy Hook. That republicans still just couldn't bring themselves to go against the NRA and enact common sense gun reforms after a class of kindergartners was liquified by an AR-17.

I still struggle to think about that day, even more so now that my kids are both around the age of the kids who were murdered. The rage just builds inside me. It honestly takes your breath away.

I met the parents of Charlotte Bacon once. I was working for Unforgettable Fire and they played a charity gig at Irving Plaza in support of the foundation they set up in their daughter's memory. I was at a complete loss for words when I met them. Like...what do you say to someone who has gone through that? And they were so kind. I don't think I could be as kind as they were when faced with the same unthinkable tragedy.

Which again brings us back to the Republican party, and Alex Jones, and Trump - who would appear on Jones' show even after he spewed the hateful rhetoric about Sandy Hook being a hoax - and every damn last person who supported, or still supports that man, KNOWING what he has said?

Ugh... they can all go to hell.

Sorry

^ All important posts and thoughts above.

If only there was 1 post on the insane American fentanyl crisis, in our forum, for every 30 posts on gun violence.

If only there was 1 post on the insane American fentanyl crisis, in our forum, for every 300 posts on Trump.

BW, I think the greater drug addiction crisis is tragic and needs attention, as with mental health crises. I live in front of it. The institutions were torn down in the 70s and nowadays we just conflate as lot of these people as just homeless. But the reality is addiction and mental health issues are often the cause (and they’re often combined).

I think if you didn’t do the what-about-this message in your post, it would be well received. That being said, more people here should equally learn to respond to you in kind. For the value of your individual post. But don’t give them a reason to think you’re biased. I saw and heard your nuclear post, and if I wasn’t otherwise neck deep in my own mental health issues, I probably would’ve offered something insightful. I wish others did, and worried that it was only going to go ignored because it was you.

If only there was 1 post on the insane American fentanyl crisis, in our forum, for every 30 posts on gun violence.

If only there was 1 post on the insane American fentanyl crisis, in our forum, for every 300 posts on Trump.

The fentanyl crisis absolutely needs its own thread. Feel free to create one.

We can discuss how the worst of the crisis is ripping through DeSantis' Florida. Or we can talk about the utter waste of billions of dollars on an ineffective vanity Border Wall instead of doing something with that money that may actually stop the flow of the synthetic across the border.

But that you felt the need to make your point in response to discussions about a class of kindergartners being mowed down at school kind of speaks volumes about who you are.

This is how the NRA and the GOP have agreed to address gun violence.

Talking about fentanyl.

Fentanyl is the new “what we have is not a gun crisis but a mental health crisis.”

Last edited:
BW, I think the greater drug addiction crisis is tragic and needs attention, as with mental health crises. I live in front of it.

Thanks for that, LN7. Most of us do live together in front of the fentanyl plague and suffer either very directly, or indirectly.

Again. If only there was 1 post on the insane American fentanyl crisis, in our forum, for every 30 posts on gun violence.

"why don't they talk about chicago the lakers fentanyl?"

why not start a discussion about it yourself if you want to talk about it. i've started several of the most recent new threads in FYM - sometimes they take off and sometimes they don't. different groups want to talk about different things. but i think most of us around here would highly welcome more new threads with thoughtful discussions about important issues.

Last edited:

also let's be real, that would be like, maybe 2 fentanyl posts at most covering the last few years.

let's not pretend like this is either a frothing twitter-adjacent outpost of raging pink-haired "TDS" sufferers nor is it a busy hivemind of vanguard leftist political thought. we're just a dozen or so gen-x and millennial jabronis on an old rock band's obsolete dying message board trying in our own ways with semi-familiar internet people to process the news of the day as it comes.

Last edited:
My Aunt who is in the Christian sector of the MAGA Cult says that the solution is that guns aren't the problem. Everyone just needs a little bit more Jesus.

FZDKHC7VEAAE9PJ.jpg

also let's be real, that would be like, maybe 2 fentanyl posts at most covering the last few years.

let's not pretend like this is either a frothing twitter-adjacent outpost of raging pink-haired "TDS" sufferers nor is it a busy hivemind of vanguard leftist political thought. we're just a dozen or so gen-x and millennial jabronis on an old rock band's obsolete dying message board trying in our own ways with semi-familiar internet people to process the news of the day as it comes.

Same here man.
Reading and reacting (or holding my tongue a lot :D), closing in on 20 years here now. Yikes!

deranged is using the massacre of 6 and 7 year olds as an opportunity for whataboutism.

Yes that is deranged, and frankly sickening.

I sometimes participate on another forum (not U2) that is populated by lots of obvious Trump fans. Every single time there's a mass shooting the fentanyl whataboutism starts in that topic. Fentanyl or Chicago, those are their go tos.

Slaughtered children in Uvalde, that was their go go. I have zero time for people like that, nope. Apparently from what I have read online Fox News does the fentanyl thing all the time to distract.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6000-children-killed-hurt-gunfire-2022-report/story?id=95833392

"More than 6,000 children have been killed or injured in the United States by gunfire in 2022, the most ever recorded in the nine-year history of a nonprofit that tracks shooting incidents."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6000-children-killed-hurt-gunfire-2022-report/story?id=95833392

"More than 6,000 children have been killed or injured in the United States by gunfire in 2022, the most ever recorded in the nine-year history of a nonprofit that tracks shooting incidents."

Yeah but how many children have seen Hunter Biden’s junk?

And we had Reps walking around the capital last two weeks wearing a AR15 pin on their suit jackets.

The GQP + NRA are a death cult. It's to the point where people/news don't even ask them after a mass shooting because they know there'll be no answer. To parade around a weapon of death says it all

Wow a mass shooting at a private Christian school, who would have thunk it. Some people think their kids are so protected in a place like that. Lovely Christmas card there too.

Very unusual that the killer was a woman, not usually the case statistically.

Horrific, another day another mass shooting

this was the 128th mass shooting of 2023 in america.

today is day 86.

that's 1.5 mass shootings every single day.

just perfectly normal second amendment things.

How many doors did the school have ?

Maybe our kids should have the same protection and Joe Biden!!!

What we really need is to arm the kids.

Next to the grief of the families who’ve lost, and those traumatized…..how sad that we’ll just breeze past this in 48-72 hours

Back
Top Bottom