Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have no desire to defend the uvalde police department, but i'm not sure if calling the man with an assault rifle in a classroom full of kids "hey douchebag" would have really helped the situation.

there are a million justifiable things to bash them on. calling an unknown subject "sir" is not one of them.

Too bad the Indiana armed civilian wasn't at Uvalde. They actually called that piece of shit murderer of children SIR while politely addressing him and acting like incompetent cowards. Not just acting like that, they are.

No pleasure taken in sharing this person losing his job, but it's news....

Uvalde superintendent recommends firing school police chief Pete Arredondo
https://nypost.com/2022/07/20/uvalde-superintendent-recommends-firing-police-chief-pete-arredondo/

The Uvalde Independent School District’s board of education will hold a special meeting Saturday to discuss the “termination for good cause” of Chief Pete Arredondo “as recommended by the Superintendent,” the meeting’s agenda shows.

***Arredondo, who commands a department of six people, ended up as the on-site commander of nearly 400 officers. Arredondo himself claimed to the Texas Tribune that he didn’t believe he was commanding and the scene was described as chaotic by many involved.***

This last part....no reason not to believe the district chief of six folks,
but yikes on all of it. All of it.

it was an all around awful response by everyone involved.

it reminds me a bit of the response to 9/11 - where all of these agencies responded and the chain of command wasn't clear, the communications didn't work, and hundreds of first responders died unnecessarily.

obviously not an apples to apples comparison

it was an all around awful response by everyone involved.

it reminds me a bit of the response to 9/11 - where all of these agencies responded and the chain of command wasn't clear, the communications didn't work, and hundreds of first responders died unnecessarily.

obviously not an apples to apples comparison

and to further the seemingly uncomparable, life changed in so many ways after 9/11, from taking off our shoes to the creation of DHS.

nothing changes when it comes to the weapons that facilitate and encourage the mass murder of children.

and to further the seemingly uncomparable, life changed in so many ways after 9/11, from taking off our shoes to the creation of DHS.

nothing changes when it comes to the weapons that facilitate and encourage the mass murder of children.

we decided long ago that having a classroom of elementary school kids wiped off the face of the earth is merely the price of freedom

i fully realize AR-15s turn liquify internal organs and decapitate 6-year olds, but they sure are fun to shoot at the range on the weekends.

The school principal is also on paid leave, she allegedly knew of security issues that needed fixing and did nothing about them. It's shameful and criminal on every possible level.

This is the real America.

(CNN)As dozens of kids played and people picnicked Thursday afternoon at Memorial Park in Uvalde, Texas, gunfire interrupted in what authorities believe was gang-related violence about a mile and a half from the now-shuttered elementary school where 21 people were killed in May by a teenage gunman.

Two people were shot around 5:30 p.m., police said. Two juveniles were taken to hospitals in San Antonio for treatment, the Uvalde Police Department said in a statement; the victims' identities and conditions weren't immediately known.

Four suspects are in custody and being questioned, police said Thursday night. The shooting is believed to be "gang-related," Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin told CNN.

When the gunfire erupted, Celeste Ibarra was at the park with her daughter Aubriella, who suffers from PTSD and depression from the May 24 shooting at Robb Elementary School, where she was a third-grader on the day 19 of her schoolmates and two teachers were gunned down, she told CNN.

That’s a really powerful article. Republican lawmakers should read this since they’re so concerned about mental health.

That article gutted me.

8 months. That’s what I have to get through until my youngest graduates. I can’t even fathom what it’s like for parents of young kids now. It’s just not fair.

Yep, I have an 8th grader and one in kindergarten and while each day is different, there’s always a bit of dread dropping them off each morning.

And my 8th grade daughter is inyou could consider the popular group, so not only do I preach to get the importance of being nice to the less popular kids as a life skill, but also to potentially save her life in the event of a school shooting, but yeah that’s only if the shooters are picking and choosing who they kill and not randomly firing.

The joys.

Last edited:
Five victims were injured in a shooting at Central Visual and Performing Arts High School in St. Louis, Missouri, on Monday morning, according to a source briefed on the investigation.

The suspect "was quickly stopped by police" inside the school following the shooting and taken into custody, according to the St. Louis Public School District and St. Louis police.

The suspect was also injured, the source told ABC News.

Gosh I think the saddest part of this outside of the obvious is I didn’t get an influx of notifications from every major news source. So like… I guess 2 of 5 isn’t enough :/

That being said I do think the national attention is likely to create a negative feedback loop, so it’s probably for the better that we don’t name suspects and avoid over-covering their crimes on the news.

Stltoday.com

Health teacher killed in south St. Louis school shooting ‘loved her students’

ST. LOUIS — The woman shot to death at Central Visual and Performing Arts High School on Monday has been identified as Jean Kuczka, a physical education teacher at the south St. Louis school.

Kuczka, 61, of Jefferson County, had taught at the school since 2008, according to her school biography.

A gunman came into Kuczka’s classroom, Room 323, and Kuczka went in front of him to protect the students, her daughter was told. It wasn’t immediately clear why the gunman went to her room or if he targeted a certain teacher.

Alexandria Bell, 16, was also slain in the rampage.

I just watched the victim impact statements from the Parkland killer's sentencing on YouTube, they were given this past week.

The shameful despicable conduct of the killer's attorneys, the middle finger incident and the suggestion that the parents and other loved ones were "inciting violence" with their victim impact statements in the courtroom. And no one had to endure what those lawyers endured, according to those lawyers. Appalling conduct

(CNN) Five people were killed Saturday night at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colorado, police announced. Another 18 people were injured in the mass shooting at Club Q.

Yeah don’t be ridiculous, Hewson.

She would much prefer these venues to turn into battlegrounds where everyone pulls out their handgun to be the hero all at once. Casual Saturday night.

In a strange coincidence I remember once going to this Walmart in 2015 the day I moved to Hampton Roads. I know they’d a weird recollection, but it discomforts me that much more knowing the links aren’t just non existent.

My thoughts too. It could be any of our Walmarts, Targets, etc...

USA, USA!

U.S. averaging nearly two mass shootings a day in 2022

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/11/23/mass-shooting-gun-violence-charlottesville-uvalde-buffalo-highland-park-celebration-school-tulsa/6521669217294/

Back
Top Bottom