Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two law enforcement officials told The Washington Post that the suspect in the case, Payton Gendron, was investigated less than a year ago by state police after they received a report he’d made a threatening statement at his high school. A state police spokesman didn’t confirm the name, but said that a student at the high school was taken into custody on June 8, 2021, and evaluated at a mental hospital. He was not charged.

And yet he owned a gun.

Well since it's Texas, I suppose we don't have to worry about Alex Jones and his ilk calling it a hoax perpetrated by crisis actors.
But It wasn't because the 18 year old had a gun, cause guns are safe and only used for hunting and protection in the great state of Texas. The kid would have otherwise clearly strangled those 14 kids instead, and just as quickly.

Can't imagine what the families of those kids are dealing with. Just horrible.

In 2021, TX made it legal for 18 year olds to purchase hand guns

I'm a teacher, and I'm just...I don't even know how to finish that statement.

I read somewhere that maybe people are wearing maroon to school tomorrow to support the school in Texas. Not sure what else to do. Voting and protesting and donating don't seem to be working.

On Tuesday morning, Texas fourth-grader Amerie Jo Garza, 10, beamed for a picture as she held up a colorful school certificate naming her to the honor roll at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas.

Taken at around 10 a.m., it was the last picture of her alive, her grandmother, Berlinda Irene Arreola, told The Daily Beast in an emotional interview in which she said the girl—“super-outgoing” and a “teacher’s pet” who liked doing well in school—was fatally wounded dialing 911.

“My Granddaughter was shot and killed for trying to call 911, she died a Hero trying to get help for her and her fellow classmates,” Arreola wrote in a text message to The Daily Beast.

a8b51516c0823b3135543799239b386b.jpeg

Cops seem uniquely cowardly and incompetent as a general rule. And yet, we will continue to invest on them.

The gunman who carried out Tuesday's mass school shooting in Texas barricaded himself inside one an elementary school classroom, officials have said, adding that all of the victims were found in that room.

Speaking to CNN this morning, Lt. Chris Olivarez from the Texas Department of Public Safety said that officers responding to Robb Elementary School in Uvalde on Tuesday morning were "at a point of disadvantage," because the shooter, 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, had already hunkered down inside the classroom.

Initially, a lack of "sufficient man power" at the scene prevented police from engaging the shooter, Olivarez explained to CNN. So, instead, in order to save as many lives as possible, officers started breaking classroom windows to evacuate students and their teachers.
Later, when officers did exchange gunfire with the shooter, one officer was struck by a bullet, sustaining a non-life-threatening wound.

Eventually, police were able to shoot and kill the gunman.

Olivarez told CNN all of the victims from Tuesday's shooting — those dead and injured — were in the same classroom.

I am not trying to force anything into my political narrative. Was merely posting one article I had read. Never said it was the truth, no one knows the truth yet.

This is one reason I no longer wish to participate here and had just come here as a place to vent in about this

Martina seemed to have left here a while back too for things that were said to her at the time. She always had much to offer here. I will join her again.

Back
Top Bottom