Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That attempted copycat didn't take long. The copycat element definitely exists, and the media attention plays a part too. How the hell do you go into a grocery store bathroom with 6 guns? Just another day in the Wild West (South).

ABC News

Atlanta man arrested with 6 guns, body armor at Publix grocery store

Wed, March 24, 2021, 10:28 PM

Two days after 10 people were murdered at a grocery store in Colorado, a man was arrested at an Atlanta supermarket with a semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and four handguns. The man also was wearing body armor and had a cache of ammunition, according to police.

Atlanta police identified the suspect as Rico Marley, 22, and said he'd been charged with reckless conduct.

The incident happened at about 1:30 p.m. when a witness saw Marley allegedly enter the Publix grocery store's bathroom with a cache of weaponry. The individual called police and the suspect was arrested when he left the bathroom, law enforcement said.

But has anyone checked to see whether or not he was white?? Important if one wants credibility in their argument. #notallgunmen

But has anyone checked to see whether or not he was white?? Important if one wants credibility in their argument. #notallgunmen

Good pivot, seeing as how you “woke” gun control enthusiasts never mention a thing about all the (illegal) gun homicides in Chicago and other liberal bastions of gun control.

“But that’s different, it’s not their fault, THEY don’t know any better.”

Criminals will ALWAYS find the guns. Your policy suggestions are punishing those that want to protect themselves from criminals. Apparently the Left will never understand that concept unless Biden or Harris ever tell them to.

Good pivot, seeing as how you “woke” gun control enthusiasts never mention a thing about all the (illegal) gun homicides in Chicago and other liberal bastions of gun control.

Criminals will ALWAYS find the guns. Your policy suggestions are punishing those that want to protect themselves from criminals. Apparently the Left will never understand that concept unless Biden or Harris ever tell them to.
[emoji1782]

Great. Take their guns away too lmao. Dunno why you’re putting words into my mouth, Qzus.

Though you missed a point. Criminals will always find guns... in a land where guns are proliferated. That is true. Support your argument as to why they would be able to find guns if they didn’t have access to them.

I don’t know why I even bother to ask you to do that, because you’re way too Qpid to function.

Don't feed the troll.

gremlins-mountaindew-commercial-700x300.jpg

Chicago is an example of why gun control policies should be more consistent from state to state, not thrown out. Anyone can take a short trip across the border and get their guns from northwest Indiana. In fact, the majority of guns used in Chicago crimes do not come from Illinois:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/chicago-gun-trace-report-2017/27140/

But continue to believe that our nation is Great[emoji769] because we have the freedom to slaughter each other efficiently, meanwhile we're among the only developed countries on earth with the level of violence we experience:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...o-other-countries-in-deaths-from-gun-violence

Last edited:
Don't feed the troll.
I only respond to him and offer statistics on the off chance that someone comes through here, sees his nonsense and is misled by the shopworn conservative talking points. Many of those talking points, like using Chicago as an example of a liberal war zone when the guns are coming from gun lax Indiana, are beyond tired at this point and easily disproven by studies initiated years ago, but they may be superficially convincing.

The larger gun control debate is a waste of time though if one side can just hide behind "this is how it's always been and it's necessary to our identity," regardless of how shameful that identity may be. The results of that doesn't matter to them. Blood is essentially an expensive tax for our freedoms and the rest of us are told to accept that.

Last edited:
As a Christian I just can't ever fathom how even the slaughter of 20 children seems to matter far less. This isn't about religion, but some contradictions are painfully obvious.

As a Christian I just can't ever fathom how even the slaughter of 20 children seems to matter far less. This isn't about religion, but some contradictions are painfully obvious.

But what about Chicago? Not all gun man are white shooting children. Some are black shooting other black people. #notallgunmen

Factual information is trolling.

Typical response that diverts the liberal circle jerk here

Lol. You don’t offer factual information. You offer soundbites straight from right wing media.

And since you don’t actually engage in dialogue or debate and just post your soundbites and then disappear for a couple days, yeah, you pretty much are straight up trolling.

(CNN)A man shot and injured two people at a business in the Maryland city of Frederick on Tuesday morning before driving to the US military's nearby Fort Detrick, where personnel there shot and killed him, police said.

The suspected gunman -- a 38-year-old man -- entered a business at Riverside Tech Park in the northeast of the city, and opened fire in or near it, striking two men, Frederick Police Chief Jason Lando told reporters.

The suspect then drove to Fort Detrick, about 10 minutes away, where "personnel on the base" fatally shot him, Lando said.

The men injured at the technology park were in critical condition, and were flown by helicopter to a hospital, Lando said

Lando said he didn't know why the suspect opened fire at the business or subsequently went to Fort Detrick, or what led base personnel to shoot him.

"We have two different scenes. ... We have confirmed there (was) only one (assailant), (and) the public is no longer at risk," Lando said.

The names of the suspect and the injured men weren't immediately released.

The suspect was a Navy hospital corpsman, the US Navy said on Twitter. "The U.S. Navy can confirm there was an active shooter incident at Fort Detrick, MD involving U.S. Navy Sailors. The shooter, a Navy Hospital Corpsman, is deceased. We will continue to update with additional details as the situation evolves," the tweet reads.

Back to school, back to shootings

Multiple people have been shot at a Tennessee high school, including a police officer, Knoxville police said Monday afternoon. The Knox County Sheriff's Office said there is no active threat to the public, and the district's superintendent said the school building has been secured.

Last I heard there was one dead and the cop was wounded. Hopefully everyone else's injuries are minor at most and they'll recover quickly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, at this point, I really would be fine with people going in and just taking away all the guns altogether (I know it'll never happen for real, just speaking of my ideal world scenario). Clearly people here in the States can't be trusted with them.

Back
Top Bottom