One World Currency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then when evolution strikes again and Earth is again inhabited by new humans, the old humans still living in space will be considered aliens...

I'm not big on sci-fi so maybe this has been done before, but this would make a great movie.

*sigh*....And I thought the Euro sucked BIG time!

Now The Netherlands have to put MORE money into other countries than the ones in the EU!
I'll never retire!

^proof that one-world currency is impossible as long as humans are humans.

It is impossible to unite the third world with the first world under a single currency. It only sort of worked in the Eurozone because the Eurozone is made up entirely of first- and nearly-first-world nations. Of course, countries that benefited from it loved it, and those that didn't... didn't... surprise, surprise! But there would have to be a massive transfer in wealth from the first world to the third world with a one-world currency, which we know no one will advocate. And the first world, at this point, depends on the third world being the third world to maintain its first world lifestyle, considering how limited space and resources are becoming on this planet.

^proof that one-world currency is impossible as long as humans are humans.

It is impossible to unite the third world with the first world under a single currency. It only sort of worked in the Eurozone because the Eurozone is made up entirely of first- and nearly-first-world nations. Of course, countries that benefited from it loved it, and those that didn't... didn't... surprise, surprise! But there would have to be a massive transfer in wealth from the first world to the third world with a one-world currency, which we know no one will advocate. And the first world, at this point, depends on the third world being the third world to maintain its first world lifestyle, considering how limited space and resources are becoming on this planet.

I wanted to point out what the average reaction would be in the Netherlands. I agree that there has to be a spread of wealth in the world so that there will be a positive change for third world countries, but I'm afraid that there would also be one center of power, controlling the world. Especially bankers and owners of big multinationals will profit from it!

And as far as world politics are concerned...It is even hard now to vote for European laws, because a lot of Euro governments don't inform the people too well. That's why the Dutch, Irish and French voted a big 'no' against a European constitution.
As a Dutch person, living in a small country, I feel already like we have less to say compared to the British, French and Germans! Can you imagine what a Rwandese politician would feel when he/she wants to speak up against the Russians, Americans, Japanese and Chinese?

And as far as world politics are concerned...It is even hard now to vote for European laws, because a lot of Euro governments don't inform the people too well. That's why the Dutch, Irish and French voted a big 'no' against a European constitution.

Or maybe they were well-informed and still voted against it.

the Euro was a necessity
from where we live in the Netherlands it takes less than 2.5 hours in the car to get to Belgium, Luxemburg, France and Germany
to think that once you needed a diffent currency in each of these countries is almost insane

I'm all in favour of more countries uniting under 1 currency
I don't see the need for 1 world currency though

Or maybe they were well-informed and still voted against it.

Could be. But at least the Dutch were not informed well! (I don't know about the Irish, but I know the French can be very chauvinistic, sorry for the French people here!)

the Euro was a necessity
from where we live in the Netherlands it takes less than 2.5 hours in the car to get to Belgium, Luxemburg, France and Germany
to think that once you needed a diffent currency in each of these countries is almost insane

Okay, I found that really convenient when I go out in Antwerp, or book a sponanious weekend away, but I am still angry about the fact that everything got more expensive...
The replaced the guilder sign by the euro sign so everything costs more than twice as much. And you can't really say the salaries are raised... and companies have a lot of tricks up their sleeve, especially in this time of crisis (look at the mailmen at TNT Post!).

I'm all in favour of more countries uniting under 1 currency
I don't see the need for 1 world currency though

I remember the Bulgarians were against the euro and the EU (back in 2006) because they felt 1: like a cultural minority (east versus western Europe) and 2: the country was still developing after years of communism and there's still a gap between poor and rich. Also the country is very corrupted by the mafia.

I don't see the need for one world currency either.

the Euro was a necessity

Probably for those countries it made sense, however it was complete insanity for Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece to join it. The UK rightly stayed outside, although New Labour still managed to make a complete mess of the British economy.

Back
Top Bottom