OMG, this site makes FYM look like Heaven...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solemole

War Child
This past week, I had an argument with, ahem, staunch conservative friend via email, and he says, "And if you disagree with me Sir, then you are worst then Hitler!"

Then I tell him it's not cool to call people Nazis or Hitler. And he comes back telling me it was a joke, and posts a link to this article:

President Obama may be the messiah, but he still confuses me.
I mean, if the president is going to cut taxes for 96 percent of us, then he’s got to believe that tax cuts are good. You don’t do something to 96 percent, unless it works.
So, why not just go to 100 percent?

Seriously: Imagine having a classroom full of kids needing a flu vaccine. Do you only give it to 96 percent of the class? No, if you believe there’s an antidote, you don’t leave anyone out.
But here, we do. The question, then, is why?
Well, it’s not about revenue, because there’s not enough tax revenue from the top 4 percent to help.
So then, why?
Oh yeah: They’re “rich.” And if you’ve been basting in class warfare all your life, you know the rich need to be punished, even if all they’ve done wrong is get rich. Which is negative reinforcement at its worst.
I mean, if you’re going to get nailed for achieving, after a while, you’re going to say, “Why bother?” And then, “Do you have any meth?”
Inevitably, the so-called rich will stop trying to be rich and move to smaller, cheaper towns - which means a lot of college grads wandering aimlessly at Ace Hardware.
After all, what’s poor in one area, can be rich in another. A family can do fine on 75-grand in Kansas, but in Manhattan, they’ll be turning tricks for oatmeal. (Which is great for me, because I have oatmeal.)
But with the rich gone, you have to wonder: Who will we punish next?
My money’s on the middle class. Seriously, who do they think they are?
And if you disagree with me, you’re worse than Hitler.

What’s Wrong With Giving Tax Cuts to Everybody? ? FOX Forum ? FOXNews.com

You have my sympathies. I have family members who are a lot like your friend, except they haven't called me "worse than Hitler" yet. Of course, that my be because I tend to avoid discussing politics with them at all because I know it has the potential to get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom