Omaha Shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vincent Vega said:
How is it with gun storage? In Germany, you need to have special weapon treasures if you are owning guns, and if you don't make sure all your weapons and munition are in that treasure, it is locked properly and the key is inaccessible you will be fined.
Is there something similar in the US?

nope. :sigh:
how is that regulated?

Vincent Vega said:
How is it with gun storage? In Germany, you need to have special weapon treasures if you are owning guns, and if you don't make sure all your weapons and munition are in that treasure, it is locked properly and the key is inaccessible you will be fined.
Is there something similar in the US?

Gun storage? That's funny. You can carry one in your car, under the pillow, you name it.

Yeah, kinda assumed that by what I've heard before.

Did you mean regulation in Germany, Mia?

Well, to own any weapon you need to get a license (like a driver's license for guns), and for every single weapon you buy you need a weapon's owner card. Every weapon that is, or could easily be turned into an automatic weapon, is forbidden.
Most people only get a license to own that weapon and use it in closed shooting ranges. Only for special purposes (security person, highly threatened person) you may carry your weapon outside the shooting range or your closed-off private ground. Many calibers are not freely accessible and for many you need to write an application with a detailed explanation as to why you want that weapon, and normally you only get the license for those weapons if you're participating in special sport shooting disciplines.
As a collector most weapons are only allowed if they can't be fired anymore, or you may only store them inaccessible.
Hunters may also carry their weapon in the area where they hunt, outside of that only unloaded and secured, of course, and only if they couldn't place it somewhere as far as I know.

And last, before you can even think of purchasing a weapon you have to have installed a classified treasure and show evidence of it, or have documentation that you store your weapon in the shooting club facilities.
Should you be caught carrying your weapon outside you'll lose your license, though I'm not sure how it is regulated if you don't have ammunition with you. But if I'm not mistaken that doesn't matter.

To my knowledge they don't control it, but should it somehow get public that you don't store your guns appropriately you will be fined as well, and might lose your license.

Is anyone else just afraid to leave the house anymore? People suck.

I'm not afraid to leave the house. You can't live like that. There are some sick messed up people, but the majority of life for the majority of Americans remains very safe.

I agree. Some psycho was running around with a machete the other day, I saw it on the news.

It's not worth not leaving the house, though. Some people are crazy, but not all people are like that. There have always been crazy people in this world, and there will always be. You just have to take precautions to stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom