OK... this is just plain stupid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God…” (Job 40:15-19).

A lot of people take that as a dinosaur reference

I didn't write it, but I know infinitely more about the way the world works than the guy who did. As does your average 12 year old.

How mighty is your Behemoth now?

something-is-wrong-with-t-rex.jpg

“Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God…” (Job 40:15-19).

This is way off topic, and something that has been discussed in here before, but there are some that believe these passages are in reference to dragons(literally). But the problem is these types of believers still deny scientific timelines and believe these fire breathing dragons walked the earth with us.

Some used to post here.

Mammoth?

If they are going to teach the theory of evolution, they may just as well include some of these alternative points of view. Education should be about exposing all perspectives.

If they are going to teach the theory of evolution, they may just as well include some of these alternative points of view. Education should be about exposing all perspectives.

They should also teach the difference between a 'theory' and a 'hypothesis' so that people stop making retarded statements like this.

(I'll assume you're being facetious, though)

How far are people willing to take this "not offending anyone" thing? We would have to remove everything:

We can't reference SEEING anything because some children are BLIND
We can't reference HEARING anything because some children are DEAF
We can't reference WALKING, RUNNING, or JUMPING because some children don't have legs or cannot use them.

George Carlin calls this the pussification of society. I miss him so much sometimes.

How far are people willing to take this "not offending anyone" thing? We would have to remove everything:

We can't reference SEEING anything because some children are BLIND
We can't reference HEARING anything because some children are DEAF
We can't reference WALKING, RUNNING, or JUMPING because some children don't have legs or cannot use them.

George Carlin calls this the pussification of society. I miss him so much sometimes.

The blind shouldn't be a problem, they can't see it anyway.

No one has the right not to be offended - Stephen Fry put it quite well some years ago -
It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?

I saw hate in a graveyard - Stephen Fry | UK news | The Observer

Yes, I think it has become a pastime for some. If you are not offended, I will become offended for you!

I think especially in a heterogeneous society it is important to get a grip and learn to live that there is differences in all aspects of life, rather than trying to ban them.

I once got called out because I made an offhand remark about Australians, something involving beer, cricket and some other bullshit.

The person was offended that I was making deprecating remarks about Australians. I not so politely told them I was quite happy to be a self-deprecating Australian.

I wonder when the word "the" will become banned. We'd be screwed.

Oh, is screwed banned?

Back
Top Bottom