Originally Posted by deep View Post
Why do you hate white people?

Who is this question directed at?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 01-17-2015, 02:18 AM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:27 PM
Hey look, right there, you see that thing flying over your head? That was the point...

Old 01-17-2015, 03:18 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
However, I would definitely like to see the media condemn these crazy morons. To get that invested into a frikin football game is unreal, yet typical OSU thing to do.
I haven't watched Fox News much in about 4-5 years, are they covering this story and hopefully condemning it? How about other cable news outlets? I surely hope someone is covering it. It really seems like a double standard if they cover the Ferguson stuff but not this.

The media covered it for literally the evening of the game (although some covered it the day after) and then moved on. It's typical of America to ignore white criminality and make excuses for it. A white American can commit a crime and not represent their ethnic group, but black Americans do not share the privilege.

Here's a good article on the topic of how riots are covered: http://m.mic.com/articles/108372/one...-at-ohio-state

And here's the most relevant passage from that article: "The rhetoric is particularly striking given the responses of media outlets to past events. For instance, five months earlier a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, killed an unarmed teenager. Residents of that city, which is 67% black, took to the streets in protest, demanding accountability from a law enforcement apparatus that had disproportionately targeted them for years. One fire was lit, burning down a convenience store. Yet the media referred to the events in Ferguson as "riots," and their participants as "rioters." Meanwhile, the broader conversation around the incident shifted toward shaming these people, dismissing them as "thugs" and "savages" and criticizing them for "destroying their own communities.""

Old 01-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Hey look, right there, you see that thing flying over your head? That was the point...

I still don't get it. If he's trying infer that I'm somehow racist vs. black people, then he has nothing to support that claim. I haven't made a remotely racist comment.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:27 PM
I can sympathize. Ohioans are used to associating dumpster fires with their sports teams.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I can sympathize. Ohioans are used to associating dumpster fires with their sports teams.

BOOM

Old 01-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I still don't get it. If he's trying infer that I'm somehow racist vs. black people, then he has nothing to support that claim. I haven't made a remotely racist comment.

I think you missed the entire point of the thread.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Ohio- How does setting 89 FIRES Compute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I think you missed the entire point of the thread.

No. I know it's some attempted sarcastic slam on conservatives about double standards, blah blah blah. (Liberal humor, I guess. I thought it was pretty stupid.) I just responded to the actual issue here because I say what I want.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
No. I know it's some attempted sarcastic slam on conservatives about double standards, blah blah blah. (Liberal humor, I guess. I thought it was pretty stupid.) I just responded to the actual issue here because I say what I want.

Or so you think...

Old 03-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

more white lawlessness.

when will white community leaders like Blake Sheldon and Lena Dunham stop telling their communities to blame Obama for their problems and start telling them that they need to be strong white parents for their white children?

Quote:
The piss-stained wreckage from a now infamous weekend-long University of Michigan frat party at a ski resort will cost more than $430,000 to repair, according to the resort's management.

On January 17, over 100 University of Michigan students—most of them members of Sigma Alpha Mu and its sister sorority Sigma Delta Tau—packed into 45 rooms at the Treetops Resort in northern Michigan. By the time the weekend-long party was over, the resort was a wreck; ceiling tiles were smashed, furniture was destroyed, and students had reportedly urinated on everything, including the hotel's carpet.

Initially, the resort's general manager Barry Owens estimated the damage at about $100,000; now Owens says the bill is four times larger.

"If you just look at our out-of-pocket expenses, things we've paid to contractors, third parties, it's around $230,000," Owens told the Detroit Free Press. "It doesn't take into consideration management time or damage to the resort's reputation. Our accountants and attorneys are saying that this could be up to an additional $200,000…We're now talking a total of $430,000."

On Friday, University of Michigan President Mark Schlissel banned Sigma Alpha Mu from campus life for at least four years and asked the fraternity's national council to revoke its charter. He also said the frat would pay "full restitution" for the damages caused. Sigma Delta Tau received a two-year disciplinary suspension.

Despite Schlissel's assurances and a statement posted to the fraternity's website accepting responsibility, a Treetops spokeswoman told the Free Press that the fraternity said it was "unwilling to accept liability and pay restitution" and has so far paid only $25,000.

http://gawker.com/michigan-frats-48-...430-1688877451
Old 03-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

fraternities are where relationships are formed
so we can continue the our American dream
Old 03-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

fraternities are where relationships are formed

so we can continue the our American dream

Fraternities are a con designed to dupe unwitting freshmen out of even more of their money for very little (at best) benefit.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Fraternities are a con designed to dupe unwitting freshmen out of even more of their money for very little (at best) benefit.

I can't believe I almost joined one last year. Ugh, what a big mistake. I eventually dropped because I didn't want to be a part of a system that perpetuates racism, classism, sexism, homophobia, etc.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah I almost did too until I realized that I was basically paying an extra 3 grand a year for nothing more than the ability to use a house for parties (nobody lived in the frat house). The only benefit was that I wouldn't have to make friends on my own, but I lived in the dorms anyways so that took care of itself.

The other selling point was that I might someday run into someone else from the frat in my career and he could help me out. There's ~30 million people in Canada, so effectively he was trying to get me to pay 3000 dollars on something that had even longer odds than hitting the Lotto Max jackpot. No thanks.