October Surprises???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Just a fun thread...

We have only 8 left in October and there are still hints that we'll be dropped some suprises.

Let's make guesses as to what these October suprises will be.

:hyper:

From RadarOnline so take with a huge grain of salt:

A man claiming to be a close pal to President Obama during college made contact with Republican operatives recently, ready to go public with claims that Obama used and sold cocaine in college, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

The operatives tried to spread the story through the media and the Romney campaign, a source close to the situation told Radar.

“At first he wanted to do a book,” a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com about the alleged college pal. “But there just wasn’t enough time before the election."

“The people he is involved with have produced other credible information that is damaging to national Democratic figures in the past few years."

Operatives close to the Romney campaign were contacted and rejected the information, the source told Radar.

“They didn’t want anything to do with it,” the source said. “They thought it was not anything they wanted to be associated with or anything their candidate would want to be associated with.”

In fact, the man’s charges about Obama never reached Mitt Romney.

A proposal of the man’s story was created and viewed by Radar. The document claims that there are multiple sources who can back up allegations that Obama used and sold cocaine in college.

The alleged pal was willing to go on the record for the story and take a polygraph test, according to the source.

“The operatives close to the Romney campaign believed the man’s story would be the ultimate October Surprise but they got nowhere."

“People who would have taken the information to the highest levels of Romney’s campaign just wouldn’t touch it.

“They don’t want their candidate smeared with this type of activity.”

This is likely what our dear friend Mr Trump has in store for tomorrow.

Now, President Obama has already been on record as admitting cocaine use in college, as did W before him. We shall see if there's any compelling evidence of dealing, but I doubt it.

I actually hope this leaks out. I think the general public is so sick of the smear campaigns back and forth that I actually think any "surprises" would make the source look worse than the target.

I would hope so. Since I don't live in a swing state, I have no idea how bad the commercials are, but I haven't heard of anything bad so I guess the campaigns have been relatively clean.

It's pretty bad in Wisconsin. Since Romney started climbing in the polls it's gotten worse.

There are a couple corny "Romney helped me find my daughter when she was missing" type commercials out there. I hate Republicans.

From RadarOnline so take with a huge grain of salt:

This is likely what our dear friend Mr Trump has in store for tomorrow.

Now, President Obama has already been on record as admitting cocaine use in college, as did W before him. We shall see if there's any compelling evidence of dealing, but I doubt it.

I actually hope this leaks out. I think the general public is so sick of the smear campaigns back and forth that I actually think any "surprises" would make the source look worse than the target.

This is not something to dismiss out of hand.

If he was selling cocaine while in college, even sharing it with some people, and they will say they gave him give some money, it is problematic. This would be a felony, and something a person that chose 'the law' as a profession should not have even played around with.

If this is the case will it matter?
In some of those swing states it could, it goes to character. A 19 year old smoking pot, is one thing. If we have a Barry Obama in his 20s studying law at Harvard, President of the Law Review? Not good.

Of course, this is all speculation.

I am interested in what Allred may have on Romney? In my local paper they had an article about how she did unfair and unproved hit pieces on Herman Cain:huh:

I am interested in what Allred may have on Romney? In my local paper they had an article about how she did unfair and unproved hit pieces on Herman Cain:huh:

The rumor I heard was that Romney tried to convince a woman to not have an abortion. We'll see.

purpleoscar said:
The rumor I heard was that Romney tried to convince a woman to not have an abortion. We'll see.

I think that story's been out there for a while. Supposedly when he was a Bishop in his church. Hardly scandalous for a bishop.

If Obama was a coke dealer well that's pretty scandalous. For a future President. I'm sure all of them have varying degrees of skeletons. I do think just the suggestion of that, even without proof, could convince some people not to vote for him.

trojanchick99 said:
So, apparently a CombOver spokesperson has said it isn't coke. Now we have Douglas Cass saying it is divorce papers but no one knows how recent.

So it would be that he had a previous marriage that no one knows about, or he and Michelle got to papers at some point but didn't go through with it. ?

The previous marriage would matter more to some people I guess, because he kept it "secret " for some implied unknown reasons.

I think the only possible "scandal " would be doing that while acting as a "pro choice governor " before his public announcement that he was personally pro life. It depends upon when this allegedly happened. There have been stories written about this woman-if it's the same one. My guess is that it would be her going public and Allred would be involved. Because the woman might say certain things about him- who knows. Maybe the National Enquirer does.

The Trump thing about Obama wanting a divorce would fail since Trump IS divorced AND wanted to be president. :D

Not really, because there are two different sets of standards. One for him, one for Obama (and everyone else that he disagrees with/hates).

I don't think any divorce matters between the President and Michelle would be all that scandalous, not bordering on "gigantic" like Steve Doocy claimed. It would have to be some "secret marriage". Of course Trump wants to think that anything he says and does is gigantic. Must be some sort of complex about something.

There's been rumors that the Obamas' marriage is purely political and business oriented, not based on anything personal. Supposedly, Michelle wanted a divorce some 10 years ago, but was pressured to stay by the Democrats in Chicago to make Obama look good down the road.

Even if it is true, it wouldn't change the opinion of anyone who wants to vote for Obama. They want him for his politics, not his personal life.

Jesus, can Trump just shut up and go away already? Why does anyone still care about what he says or thinks about anything? And any Republicans/Republican supporters getting on Obama about marriage is laughable enough as it is.

As for the college thing, if that's true, it's a dumb thing to do, but drugs in college? Not exactly uncommon. Unless they murdered or raped someone or something like that, I really couldn't care less about people's college activities.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
That's a great ploy by Trump... its really hurt the Clinton's over the years.

No. There's a huge difference between getting blow jobs in the oval office and having marital problems 10 years ago.

I actually wonder if the Romney campaign is going to try to keep Trump quiet in fear that pulling a stunt like that could actually hurt Romney's improved image.

Remember, this is the party of the campaign where people are sick of the negative ads. Something over the top might keep a prospective Romney voter home on election day.

I see Trump coming out with this "announcement" hurting Romney more than Obama.

Back
Top Bottom