Obamacare repeal. AKA: 7 years and THIS is what you come up with?!?! - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Paul Ryan's press conference was schadenfreude at it's best. He was so pissed that his bill failed. Meanwhile the floating emojis were all laughing at him.

He basically blamed the failure not not knowing how to govern, since they spent the last 7 years just obstructing. It was pathetic.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
The Dems got to watch the GOP rip themselves apart today. And they didn't have to get their hands dirty. No soundbites to replay about them or anything. All of this is a win. The ship's impoding on its own. I'll take it. Though in general I do agree with you.
Yeah, sometimes just letting the GOP have enough rope to hang itself with can be the best way to go. If they want to cause themselves to implode and fall apart without any added help, that's fine with me, too.

And I am LOVING the outcome of this. Paul Ryan having to admit that Obamacare would be around for the foreseeable future was a glorious moment. Gee. It's almost like having an actual plan in place and showing that you have the first fucking clue as to what you're doing is an important part of getting things passed and doing your job. Who'da thunk?

Old 03-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
So this is pretty hilarious. Don't know if anyone here who watched any games last night noticed this-somebody evidently decided to pour the Gatorade a little bit too early, so to speak:

Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare

Quote:
No matter where in the United States you live, you might have enjoyed watching basketball Friday night, whether it was Devin Booker dropping 70 points or any of four NCAA tournament games.

Depending on where you live, you also might have been confused by some odd advertisements thanking Republican lawmakers for repealing the Affordable Care Act — also known as Obamacare. That, of course, did not happen. House Speaker Paul Ryan pulled the bill Friday after it became clear it lacked sufficient support.

Nonetheless, the advertisements ran. Deadspin was first to point them out. Here’s one featuring California congressman David Valadao:

Basketball fans around the U.S. treated to prematurely-bought ads congratulating Republicans for repealing Obamacare Basketball Fans Treated To Ads Congratulating Republicans For Repealing Obamacare [UPDATE]

Per Deadspin, a similar commercial featuring Virginia congresswoman Barbara Comstock ran on local television during the Brooklyn Nets-Washington Wizards game. Ironically, Comstock was one of several lawmakers representing Virginia who ultimately opposed the bill.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #124
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I love how Trumpets are already spinning this as not being a Trump failure.

8 years, you had 8 years, you had the great pumpkin saying how no one wants Obamacare, how great of a leader he was, this should have been a cake walk for him, and he can't even get his team behind him
Old 03-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #125
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

8 years, you had 8 years, you had the great pumpkin saying how no one wants Obamacare, how great of a leader he was, this should have been a cake walk for him, and he can't even get his team behind him
Lol I gave up on trump supporters! They are all a bunch of idiots! It's like they see nothing believe nothing UNLESS it comes from trumps own mouth! It is a waste of time and energy trying to understand trump supporters and their lack of reasoning! Darwinism comes to mind with trump supporters! They are supporting the very person that will hurt that group the most! If they are too blind, too in love with trump to see the real facts, let them sink in the ship along with trump! They deserve what is comming, they own that shit! I've had it with supporters and their redicolous excuses and diversions! Let them eat the shit that they asked for.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

60 days to repeal and replace Obamacare! 30 days to defeat ISIS! Mexico will pay for the wall!

How the fuck did his supporters fall for this? Ignoring the differing views, how on earth did anyone not see this coming?!
Old 03-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #127
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
60 days to repeal and replace Obamacare! 30 days to defeat ISIS! Mexico will pay for the wall!

How the fuck did his supporters fall for this? Ignoring the differing views, how on earth did anyone not see this coming?!

This is the baffling question of 2016. I honestly think it's just willful ignorance, so angry, some filled with hate, they were willing to swallow anything that spoke to their 'what about me' tunnel vision.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #128
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm curious as to what strategy(if any) Trump had in blasting conservative groups on twitter?
Old 03-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #129
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:10 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/angry-ove....html#comments