Obamacare repeal. AKA: 7 years and THIS is what you come up with?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[tweet]839890397019127808[/tweet]

The man in charge of redoing health care in this country does not understand the concept of insurance.

The sick and poor should pay for the sick and poor.

That's how the greatest healthcare plan in the world works. How has no one thought of this?

Wow. Not only is it wrong, it's heartless. Paul Ryan is proving to be an awful human being. I'm downgrading him from jellyfish to pond scum.

I am coming to the conclusion that in order to become a politician in the Republican Party you have to meet the following requirements:

1. Be heartless
2. Be homophobic
3. Not care about the rights of the poor and sick.
4. Care about the heathy and rich

I am coming to the conclusion that in order to become a politician in the Republican Party you have to meet the following requirements:

Not care

There, I simplified for you.

If you care about: humanity, truth, country, justice, or anything remotely decent, you're a liability to the party.

Well said, BVS. Pretty much sums it up.

The sick and poor should pay for the sick and poor.

That's how the greatest healthcare plan in the world works. How has no one thought of this?

I love that the GOP tells us working class/poor to quit spending money we can't afford to spend...

...and then they say shit like this. They really have no clue what struggling financially actually entails.

fuck you, paul ryan. seriously. my mom now has terminal cancer because it has spread so much. when it first popped up, it was small and treatable, but at the time she didn't have health insurance so she couldn't afford to go to a doctor to get it taken care of until it had started to spread already.

had single payer healthcare existed at the time, it would've cost taxpayers far less than what they've had to pay now, given all they've had to spend (she's since qualified for medicare) on her chemo and radiation, plus even when she had private health insurance, those costs that insurance companies pay get passed onto other customers somehow in the form of higher premiums. her countless surgeries surely would've been that.

all because she couldn't get a damn spot of cancer removed because she had no health insurance. fuck you paul ryan, and fuck every other republican politician supporting this stupid bill, and fuck every politician who cut off aca's legs, making it a pathetic shell of what it was original proposed as. i sure hope the money they get from big pharma hopes them sleep at night, because all this stress sure isn't helping me sleep.

Why should non-smokers pay for lung cancer care?

Why should women pay for prostate cancer care?

Why should non-diabetics pay for diabetic care?

Why should adults pay for pediatric care?

Does nobody understand the concept of insurance anymore??

House, maybe. Senate is going to be rough.
Almost all the Senators up for re-election in 2018 are Dems, and that fear is going to drive the Dems even farther to the right. There is a strong amount of support from the leftists to primary Democrats who are too far to the right in favor of those who support actual leftist policy, and there's been a huge backlash from the establishment against that. Instead of recognizing the issue, they're going to blame the left for not rallying around their shitty candidates and continue to get crushed in yet another election.

Why should non-smokers pay for lung cancer care?

Why should women pay for prostate cancer care?

Why should non-diabetics pay for diabetic care?

Why should adults pay for pediatric care?

Does nobody understand the concept of insurance anymore??

those sick children may just need to wait to purchase that new iphone and prioritize paying for their healthcare. it's their choice.

Well, since health insurance isn't a right in this country, or at least it hasn't been, it makes sense when you realize that health insurance is a perk of employment. Obviously growing up outside of such a system, it might not make sense, but it makes perfect sense in this context.

Given the costs employers incur and extra HR they have to worry about to provide healthcare plans, I was going to say it would surely be cheaper to not provide such benefits and pay workers a bit more so they can purchase their own private healthcare, until I read this:

I believe this is a somewhat accidental consequence of the fact that employer health plan payments are not counted as taxable income, thereby creating a channel for employers to compensate employees tax-free, benefiting both employers and employees.

That makes at least some sense, a classic result of a seemingly innocuous idea having perverse outcomes and producing a system of great complexity that punishes multitudes, especially the most vulnerable.

fuck you, paul ryan. seriously. my mom now has terminal cancer because it has spread so much. when it first popped up, it was small and treatable, but at the time she didn't have health insurance so she couldn't afford to go to a doctor to get it taken care of until it had started to spread already.

had single payer healthcare existed at the time, it would've cost taxpayers far less than what they've had to pay now, given all they've had to spend (she's since qualified for medicare) on her chemo and radiation, plus even when she had private health insurance, those costs that insurance companies pay get passed onto other customers somehow in the form of higher premiums. her countless surgeries surely would've been that.

all because she couldn't get a damn spot of cancer removed because she had no health insurance. fuck you paul ryan, and fuck every other republican politician supporting this stupid bill, and fuck every politician who cut off aca's legs, making it a pathetic shell of what it was original proposed as. i sure hope the money they get from big pharma hopes them sleep at night, because all this stress sure isn't helping me sleep.

This is fucking horrible. I'm so sorry, and angry.

As expected the CBO report is very, very bad.

Highlights:
14 million more uninsured by 2018
21 million more uninsured by 2020
26 million more uninsured by 2026

People over 60 will see their premiums rise 20-25%

Cutting Medicaid however will save the government nearly $935 billion, and the rich will see tax cuts up to $599 billion. This means, the GOP will LOVE it.

As expected the CBO report is very, very bad.

Highlights:
14 million more uninsured by 2018
21 million more uninsured by 2020
26 million more uninsured by 2026

People over 60 will see their premiums rise 20-25%

Cutting Medicaid however will save the government nearly $935 billion, and the rich will see tax cuts up to $599 billion. This means, the GOP will LOVE it.

Says you.

:applaud: well played, cori!

Dave C I hope your financial situation will stay stable, and some good opportunity will show up soon.

DOL13 May your biopsy return with a 'all clear' result. :fingerscrossed:

Khandra omfg! In my head I am pounding a table and yelling at those unbelievably cruel Rightwing Republicans & Conservatives. Fuck the lot of you!!!!! :|

Back
Top Bottom