Obama reverses abortion policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's nice, but you're not President (then state Senator) Obama. Also, how do any of us know that he didn't shed some tears or have an emotional reaction privately? There's nothing wrong with trying to maintain composure and a sense of reason in order to make the best decision, especially in a case like this.

Again, "faze" has yet to be defined.

The way it's pitched in this story, he asked for some broth, a potato, a fetus, and got himself a stew goin'.

In reality, I wouldn't doubt you're correct that he felt some emotion, but had to keep it in at the time.

The way it's pitched in this story, he asked for some broth, a potato, a fetus, and got himself a stew goin'.

In reality, I wouldn't doubt you're correct that he felt some emotion, but had to keep it in at the time.

I agree. This wasn't an unbiased story. It was clearly written to make Obama look like some scary "librul" to Conservatives or anti-choice individuals. On a personal level, I remember watching a documentary in school once about the Holocaust. I don't recall bursting into tears. I didn't storm out of the room. I didn't jump on my desk and rant about the evils of genocide. According to this Stanek lady, that would apparently mean I support Hitler's actions. That's how ridiculous it is.

I agree. This wasn't an unbiased story. It was clearly written to make Obama look like some scary "librul" to Conservatives or anti-choice individuals. On a personal level, I remember watching a documentary in school once about the Holocaust. I don't recall bursting into tears. I didn't storm out of the room. I didn't jump on my desk and rant about the evils of genocide. According to this Stanek lady, that would apparently mean I support Hitler's actions. That's how ridiculous it is.

Also, on a professional level, I can't picture relenting on your policies over one incident reflecting well on your judgment, or knowledge of the subject at hand. That's essentially what she asked him to do.

faze - disturb the composure of

I was referring to what someone said how having an unwanted could kill the mother or the how family if they ended up starving because of him/her.. If you think about it, it should make sense.

Im saying its killing a life to save a life...

Then even in your context it doesn't make any sense. Force the woman to have a baby that will kill her: both mother and child die.

Force a woman to have the child that means her family will starve: Kill the entire family so the baby can die along with them.

wtf?

As for the adoption issues, I already addressed that. There would be far more infants up for adoption than people willing to adopt them. That wouldn't solve anything.

I don't agree with this, do you have substantial evidence to back this up?

Still, that doesn't prove anything. We've all likely seen horrible things at some point or another that didn't manifest in an outward physical or emotional reaction, especially if we're in some sort of a professional situation.

This is understandable, I was just clarifying.Take the quote as is, instead of questioning a word in the quote.

You don't seem to have a point. Obviously you haven't thought this through, and you're not happy that many of us have. You've been asked some very good questions and you haven't answered them.

I think he has done very well, and he clearly does have a point, just as you have a point.

You don't seem to have a point. Obviously you haven't thought this through, and you're not happy that many of us have. You've been asked some very good questions and you haven't answered them.

Your point can't be all that great if you have to resort to constant swearing and hyperbole to make it.

It's about fucking time this ridiculous policy was abandoned. There were many very good organizations which had nothing to do with abortion that were denied funding simply because they talked about family planning.

I really don't give a shit that a man living in the US is pissed. Women all over the world were endangered by this stupid policy. That should have been pissing people off..

I am pro-life and I think abortion should be the last option, unless of course the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest. If the mother's life is at risk, it must be done. I am all for family planing, birth control and condoms. In poorer nations, birth control, and sex education should be free. For those who cannot afford. And even though, as I stated above, being pro-life, I don't think abortion should be illegal. If it is, desperate women will go to "back alley abortionist" and many will die as a result. I would rather see these women have proper medical care.

ok. Im pro-life. So Im kinda biased :wink: But I think its sick, that MY tax payer money, is going to organizations to fund abortions.

If you're pro-life, are you equally sick George Bush sent your tax money to fight a needless war ?

About time, this is brilliant news and I think cries of "Obama says he'll do this and that but will he REALLY?!" are starting to look more than a little weak.

Not from the point of view of a female foetus, however.

I think what financeguy is trying to say, is people in third world countries - where often boys are favored more than girls - may abort the baby simply because it is a girl.

This is what makes me uneasy about Obama's plan. I am all for family planning, reducing birth rates, and so on. But I suspect that those in the third world may abuse the abortion access simply to get rid of the female babies. Which to me, adds up to infanticide.

This is what makes me uneasy about Obama's plan. I am all for family planning, reducing birth rates, and so on. But I suspect that those in the third world may abuse the abortion access simply to get rid of the female babies. Which to me, adds up to infanticide.

But you do understand that the old policy barred any mention of abortion, condoms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom