Obama reverses abortion policy - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
how is it off-topic? I believe the topic is about obama reversing an abortion policy that uses our tax money on groups that support abortion...but me saying I don't like that is off-topic?
The groups aren't solely supporting abortions. It's ANY group that recognizes them and gives information about them. That reaches across a large spectrum.

If I were you, I'd be much more concerned about the real problems with how your tax money is being spent. This is not one of them.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #107
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
I totally understand, but I have no idea how many times I've posted that this isn't a thread about the middle east, and that the middle east has nothing to do with this topic...It seems everyone who quotes what I said turns it around on something that has nothing to do with this..honestly I don't want to discuss issues like this anymore because all us pro-life people do is get bashed.
Do not play victim. You made a point of not wanting your tax dollars to do this, so they made a point that they don't want their tax dollars to do that. Simple as that, don't pretend that your point is more valid.

Quote:
oh and btw. Attended the March for Life on Thursday. Over half a million others attended. Two million at Obamas innauguration. They've been talked about that for weeks, and aren't done. I haven't even heard anything in the news about the March for Life.

But the "librul media" argument is total bullshit, right?
What kind of news are you watching? I've heard about it...

Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #108
Refugee

Quote:
Yes, it is total bullshit.

Your tax dollars aren't funding abortions, they're funding organizations that dare to recognize that abortions exist. If anything, the media has lied to you and made issue more pro-choice than it actually is.
I was referring to the march for life.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #109
She's the One

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:

oh and btw. Attended the March for Life on Thursday. Over half a million others attended. Two million at Obamas innauguration. They've been talked about that for weeks, and aren't done. I haven't even heard anything in the news about the March for Life.

But the "librul media" argument is total bullshit, right?
I'm sure you had fun at the March for "Life."

You probably don't remember the Reagan years, do you? Every December 28, the anti-choice forces would gather for a huge March for "Life" or whatever it was called back then. They would march down the Mall in DC, and our President would phone them, his words of encouragement broadcast to the crowd. They would carry placards decorated with photos of aborted fetuses, they would chant their slogans of hate towards the women who had dared to take charge of their reproductive system. All this was on the news, and the merits of each side would be analyzed.

No one carried placards showing the women dead from bleeding to death after an illegal abortion gone bad, no one chanted slogans about women's bodies destroyed by illegal abortions. And, oddly enough, no one donated any money to causes which promoted education about birth control.

So you go to your Marches for "Life." You whine about African women being given family planning information with the one hundred dollars in taxes that you pay, you go ahead and complain that no one understands how sad it is to be a young man in America who supports forcing women to give birth.

We'll all listen.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #110
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
how is it off-topic? I believe the topic is about obama reversing an abortion policy that uses our tax money on groups that support abortion...but me saying I don't like that is off-topic?
If Obama's decision was to be reversed, do you think your taxes would suddenly lessen? No, the money would be spent on something else. It's therefore an off topic observation, not an argument.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #111
Refugee

Ok I get it. I can't say a fucking word about my views without someone totally ripping it apart.

Quote:
chant their slogans of hate towards the women who had dared to take charge of their reproductive system
I don't know how it was back then, but there certainly isn't any "hate" on our side..not to mention after 30+ years of the march, there hasnt been a single "incident."

Quote:
No one carried placards showing the women dead from bleeding to death after an illegal abortion gone bad, no one chanted slogans about women's bodies destroyed by illegal abortions. And, oddly enough, no one donated any money to causes which promoted education about birth control.
Before Roe Vs. Wade, you could get an abortion if you could give reason to two physicians. If you were really that desperate for an abortion, women said they would kill themselves. And that worked, I know a woman who did that years ago. Not to mention she really regrets it, she said if the baby was born she would have named her Grace.

Quote:
So you go to your Marches for "Life." You whine about African women being given family planning information with the one hundred dollars in taxes that you pay, you go ahead and complain that no one understands how sad it is to be a young man in America who supports forcing women to give birth.

We'll all listen.
Many people call me close-minded. That sounds pretty close to the defintion of close-minded. I've tried to present all my points fairly calmly, but it gets hard when people use that kind of sarcasm.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #112
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I'm sure you had fun at the March for "Life."
I can only imagine the heights of jolly frivolity experienced on such a march.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I was referring to the march for life.
Oh I've read about it in several places, enough to know that there is no way that there were 500K people there. Or anywhere close to that.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #114
Refugee

Quote:
that also suggests that something should be legal, simply because people will do it anyways. That doent make much sense.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Before Roe Vs. Wade, you could get an abortion if you could give reason to two physicians.
My doctor isn't my priest.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #116
Refugee

Quote:
Oh I've read about it in several places, enough to know that there is no way that there were 500K people there. Or anywhere close to that.
the media wouldn't tell you that would they? I was there, there were in fact almost half a million people there. I read a short article, which said "scores of people," which suggests that only a few hundred.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #117
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
that also suggests that something should be legal, simply because people will do it anyways. That doent make much sense.
You're not protecting people if you sit back and knowingly let them participate in back street abortions, and I swear the constitution says something about protecting people... right?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #118
Refugee

Quote:
You're not protecting people if you sit back and knowingly let them participate in back street abortions, and I swear the constitution says something about protecting people... right?
abortions protect people?

but seriosuly, what are the statistics, how many people were getting illegal abortions?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
the media wouldn't tell you that would they? I was there, there were in fact almost half a million people there. I read a short article, which said "scores of people," which suggests that only a few hundred.
Last year there were 200,000 people according to the March for Life groups.

So if you think they were able to increase their numbers 2.5x fold AND have all the media lie about the numbers, then go right ahead with believing that.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #120
Refugee

Quote:
Last year there were 200,000 people according to the March for Life groups.

So if you think they were able to increase their numbers 2.5x fold AND have all the media lie about the numbers, then go right ahead with believing that.
well so far there are NONE offical statistics...

but I give you credit because your presenting your arguments in a dignified way... Thanks!