Obama reverses abortion policy - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
how is it off-topic? I believe the topic is about obama reversing an abortion policy that uses our tax money on groups that support abortion...but me saying I don't like that is off-topic?
The groups aren't solely supporting abortions. It's ANY group that recognizes them and gives information about them. That reaches across a large spectrum.

If I were you, I'd be much more concerned about the real problems with how your tax money is being spent. This is not one of them.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #107
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
I totally understand, but I have no idea how many times I've posted that this isn't a thread about the middle east, and that the middle east has nothing to do with this topic...It seems everyone who quotes what I said turns it around on something that has nothing to do with this..honestly I don't want to discuss issues like this anymore because all us pro-life people do is get bashed.
Do not play victim. You made a point of not wanting your tax dollars to do this, so they made a point that they don't want their tax dollars to do that. Simple as that, don't pretend that your point is more valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
oh and btw. Attended the March for Life on Thursday. Over half a million others attended. Two million at Obamas innauguration. They've been talked about that for weeks, and aren't done. I haven't even heard anything in the news about the March for Life.

But the "librul media" argument is total bullshit, right?
What kind of news are you watching? I've heard about it...
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #108
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Yes, it is total bullshit.

Your tax dollars aren't funding abortions, they're funding organizations that dare to recognize that abortions exist. If anything, the media has lied to you and made issue more pro-choice than it actually is.
I was referring to the march for life.
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #109
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post

oh and btw. Attended the March for Life on Thursday. Over half a million others attended. Two million at Obamas innauguration. They've been talked about that for weeks, and aren't done. I haven't even heard anything in the news about the March for Life.

But the "librul media" argument is total bullshit, right?
I'm sure you had fun at the March for "Life."

You probably don't remember the Reagan years, do you? Every December 28, the anti-choice forces would gather for a huge March for "Life" or whatever it was called back then. They would march down the Mall in DC, and our President would phone them, his words of encouragement broadcast to the crowd. They would carry placards decorated with photos of aborted fetuses, they would chant their slogans of hate towards the women who had dared to take charge of their reproductive system. All this was on the news, and the merits of each side would be analyzed.

No one carried placards showing the women dead from bleeding to death after an illegal abortion gone bad, no one chanted slogans about women's bodies destroyed by illegal abortions. And, oddly enough, no one donated any money to causes which promoted education about birth control.

So you go to your Marches for "Life." You whine about African women being given family planning information with the one hundred dollars in taxes that you pay, you go ahead and complain that no one understands how sad it is to be a young man in America who supports forcing women to give birth.

We'll all listen.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #110
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
how is it off-topic? I believe the topic is about obama reversing an abortion policy that uses our tax money on groups that support abortion...but me saying I don't like that is off-topic?
If Obama's decision was to be reversed, do you think your taxes would suddenly lessen? No, the money would be spent on something else. It's therefore an off topic observation, not an argument.
__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #111
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Ok I get it. I can't say a fucking word about my views without someone totally ripping it apart.

Quote:
chant their slogans of hate towards the women who had dared to take charge of their reproductive system
I don't know how it was back then, but there certainly isn't any "hate" on our side..not to mention after 30+ years of the march, there hasnt been a single "incident."

Quote:
No one carried placards showing the women dead from bleeding to death after an illegal abortion gone bad, no one chanted slogans about women's bodies destroyed by illegal abortions. And, oddly enough, no one donated any money to causes which promoted education about birth control.
Before Roe Vs. Wade, you could get an abortion if you could give reason to two physicians. If you were really that desperate for an abortion, women said they would kill themselves. And that worked, I know a woman who did that years ago. Not to mention she really regrets it, she said if the baby was born she would have named her Grace.


Quote:
So you go to your Marches for "Life." You whine about African women being given family planning information with the one hundred dollars in taxes that you pay, you go ahead and complain that no one understands how sad it is to be a young man in America who supports forcing women to give birth.

We'll all listen.
Many people call me close-minded. That sounds pretty close to the defintion of close-minded. I've tried to present all my points fairly calmly, but it gets hard when people use that kind of sarcasm.
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #112
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I'm sure you had fun at the March for "Life."
I can only imagine the heights of jolly frivolity experienced on such a march.
__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
I was referring to the march for life.
Oh I've read about it in several places, enough to know that there is no way that there were 500K people there. Or anywhere close to that.
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #114
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
No one carried placards showing the women dead from bleeding to death after an illegal abortion gone bad, no one chanted slogans about women's bodies destroyed by illegal abortions. And, oddly enough, no one donated any money to causes which promoted education about birth control.
that also suggests that something should be legal, simply because people will do it anyways. That doent make much sense.
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post


Before Roe Vs. Wade, you could get an abortion if you could give reason to two physicians.
My doctor isn't my priest.
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #116
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Oh I've read about it in several places, enough to know that there is no way that there were 500K people there. Or anywhere close to that.
the media wouldn't tell you that would they? I was there, there were in fact almost half a million people there. I read a short article, which said "scores of people," which suggests that only a few hundred.
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #117
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
that also suggests that something should be legal, simply because people will do it anyways. That doent make much sense.
You're not protecting people if you sit back and knowingly let them participate in back street abortions, and I swear the constitution says something about protecting people... right?
__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #118
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
You're not protecting people if you sit back and knowingly let them participate in back street abortions, and I swear the constitution says something about protecting people... right?
abortions protect people?


but seriosuly, what are the statistics, how many people were getting illegal abortions?
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
the media wouldn't tell you that would they? I was there, there were in fact almost half a million people there. I read a short article, which said "scores of people," which suggests that only a few hundred.
Last year there were 200,000 people according to the March for Life groups.

So if you think they were able to increase their numbers 2.5x fold AND have all the media lie about the numbers, then go right ahead with believing that.
__________________
anitram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #120
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Last year there were 200,000 people according to the March for Life groups.

So if you think they were able to increase their numbers 2.5x fold AND have all the media lie about the numbers, then go right ahead with believing that.
well so far there are NONE offical statistics...

but I give you credit because your presenting your arguments in a dignified way... Thanks!
__________________

__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com