Obama reverses abortion policy - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #76
The Fly
 
nextlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 72
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I meant "in the context of the article". Disturb his countenance, policies, what?

“And those pictures didn’t disturb (Obama's) composure at all,” she said."
__________________

__________________
nextlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #77
The Fly
 
nextlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 72
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post

Thanks for the link, I will have to do some research!
__________________

__________________
nextlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #78
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,664
Local Time: 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
You don't seem to have a point. Obviously you haven't thought this through, and you're not happy that many of us have. You've been asked some very good questions and you haven't answered them.
Yeah I don't get this victim mentality...
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #79
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextlife View Post
I think he has done very well, and he clearly does have a point, just as you have a point.
He bounces around, without any real answers to people's questions.
__________________
martha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Obama's policies toward women have been wonderful so far.
Not from the point of view of a female foetus, however.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
You don't seem to have a point. Obviously you haven't thought this through, and you're not happy that many of us have. You've been asked some very good questions and you haven't answered them.
Your point can't be all that great if you have to resort to constant swearing and hyperbole to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
It's about fucking time this ridiculous policy was abandoned. There were many very good organizations which had nothing to do with abortion that were denied funding simply because they talked about family planning.

I really don't give a shit that a man living in the US is pissed. Women all over the world were endangered by this stupid policy. That should have been pissing people off..
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,277
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Not from the point of view of a female foetus, however.
I said WOMEN.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #83
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 12:03 AM
I am pro-life and I think abortion should be the last option, unless of course the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest. If the mother's life is at risk, it must be done. I am all for family planing, birth control and condoms. In poorer nations, birth control, and sex education should be free. For those who cannot afford. And even though, as I stated above, being pro-life, I don't think abortion should be illegal. If it is, desperate women will go to "back alley abortionist" and many will die as a result. I would rather see these women have proper medical care.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #84
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
ok. Im pro-life. So Im kinda biased But I think its sick, that MY tax payer money, is going to organizations to fund abortions.
If you're pro-life, are you equally sick George Bush sent your tax money to fight a needless war ?
__________________
toscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,714
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Not from the point of view of a female foetus, however.
Have you asked any?
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #86
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,342
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
If you're pro-life, are you equally sick George Bush sent your tax money to fight a needless war ?
I'm not going to put in my views of the iraq war, because I have none.
__________________
The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #87
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 01:03 AM
About time, this is brilliant news and I think cries of "Obama says he'll do this and that but will he REALLY?!" are starting to look more than a little weak.
__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #88
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Your point can't be all that great if you have to resort to constant swearing and hyperbole to make it.
If I were truly lady-like, my language would reflect that. I must be a constant disappointment to gentlemen such as yourself.
__________________
martha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Not from the point of view of a female foetus, however.
I think what financeguy is trying to say, is people in third world countries - where often boys are favored more than girls - may abort the baby simply because it is a girl.

This is what makes me uneasy about Obama's plan. I am all for family planning, reducing birth rates, and so on. But I suspect that those in the third world may abuse the abortion access simply to get rid of the female babies. Which to me, adds up to infanticide.
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #90
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
This is what makes me uneasy about Obama's plan. I am all for family planning, reducing birth rates, and so on. But I suspect that those in the third world may abuse the abortion access simply to get rid of the female babies. Which to me, adds up to infanticide.
But you do understand that the old policy barred any mention of abortion, condoms, etc.
__________________

__________________
martha is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com