Obama reverses abortion policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know. But most of the vocal anti-choice people here in FYM are men.

i think it's up to men to maintain the natural sex-roles that have developed over 5,000 years and are the very basis of our civilization. after all, if God wanted men to be mothers he would have given them vaginas.

but he didn't. he gave women vaginas, which means that he wanted them to be mothers and to use that vagina in the way that it was intended.

it's not that hard, martha.

i think it's up to men to maintain the natural sex-roles that have developed over 5,000 years and are the very basis of our civilization. after all, if God wanted men to be mothers he would have given them vaginas.

but he didn't. he gave women vaginas, which means that he wanted them to be mothers and to use that vagina in the way that it was intended.

it's not that hard, martha.

I always forget. :sad: It's a good thing there's a man like you around to remind me and guide me. :hug:

Is this what you need to believe to make it acceptable?

If it's only a cluster of cells, why would the decision be the hardest decision a woman will ever have to make?

Because of the stigma attached, because it can sometimes present problems conceiving in future, because it will inevitably alter a woman's life depending on what she chooses to do, and because of people like you making Women think it is wrong that they should put themselves first.

No, that's not what I need to believe to make it acceptable. I believe that a Woman's life is more important than a potential life, and it is therefore her decision.

Because of the stigma attached, because it can sometimes present problems conceiving in future, because it will inevitably alter a woman's life depending on what she chooses to do, and because of people like you making Women think it is wrong that they should put themselves first.

No, that's not what I need to believe to make it acceptable. I believe that a Woman's life is more important than a potential life, and it is therefore her decision.

Nicely done.

"People like me" who are on your side are trying to acknowledge that the definition of life matters and dismissing it only perpetuates the real stigma that is the root issue. The choices women make around having sex and/or choosing to be mothers (whether or not they ever become pregnant).

Back
Top Bottom