Obama reverses abortion policy - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
prepare to be called out each and every time you present human life as a piece of biological trash.
This wasn't directed at me but regardless, I take offense. Honestly, I'm not even sure how to respond. Do you honestly believe people here think human lives are trash?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:40 PM
I think that with the number of abortions nature does we can safely say that God would be pro-choice.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #138
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:40 PM
Quote:
By the same standard, prepare to be called out each and every time you present human life as a piece of biological trash.
You must know a part of martha that no one else has ever seen if you truly believe she thinks human life is biological trash.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #139
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
I think that with the number of abortions nature does we can safely say that God would be pro-choice.
Statistically? Fuck yeah! Then there's the billions of sperm a male produces in a lifetime, the 400,000 odd eggs a female is born with, and all this before we get to the on-average 1 in 3/4 pregnancies that naturally abort.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #140
She's the One

Local Time: 09:40 PM
Quote:
By the same standard, prepare to be called out each and every time you present human life as a piece of biological trash.

Again, I'll ask you to quote me where I say this.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #141
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
but, it's kinda hard for me because Im one person agaisnt like at least 5 who obviosly have a greater knowledge of things than me
Shouldn't this be a clue that you need to educate yourself about these things before you make decisions?

Or at least before you post about them?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #142
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
You must know a part of martha that no one else has ever seen if you truly believe she thinks human life is biological trash.

Oh, financeguy knows all about me.

Just ask him.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
Statistically? Fuck yeah! Then there's the billions of sperm a male produces in a lifetime, the 400,000 odd eggs a female is born with, and all this before we get to the on-average 1 in 3/4 pregnancies that naturally abort.
One of my eggs just died while I was reading this thread.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Hyperbole used by the other side in an attempt to make us feel guilty about our choices.

In reply I'd have to state that yes, to some women, a fetus is "biological trash," in the sense that it's unwanted biological matter that she can choose whether or not to dispose of.

No matter how ugly you attempt to make it sound, I still maintain that the rights of the woman trump the rights of the fetus, and I'll fight for her/my right to be able to decide what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Should we hold a service for it?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #145
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

and all the anger that this post is going to engender is solely due to the fact that FYM is filled with a bunch of bullying, meanie liberals who want everyone to agree with them and won't let conservatives have differing opinions. it has nothing to do with being intentionally antagonistic, hysterical, and choosing to pick a fight instead of debating an issue.

what if it were an Israeli fetus? when born, it will be conscripted 18 years later, and then it will murder Palestinians for shits and giggles. so perhaps it should be pre-emptively aborted to prevent more dead Palestinians in 2027?

(you see? i can do it too.)
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #146
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I'm so sorry. God moves in mysterious ways.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:40 AM
You know, there's an awful lot to be said here about the smugness of those who are dogging people who believe life starts at conception. There's a lot to be said about the automatic vitriol that even wondering whether the right to control one's own body includes the right to commit murder.

But I'm not interested in talking about that.

My wife and I miscarried late last year.

There are those who considered it seven-week old biological waste.

They were entitled to their opinion.

There were, however, those who felt that loss as deeply as anything they have ever experienced. Several of our friends also experienced miscarriages last year. We all experienced the same pain. It was a loss of life, of possibilities and opportunities unfulfilled. I would not wish that pain on anyone.

And I would be very careful about mocking those for whom life -- even in its early, formative stages -- is a sacred thing.

Because anyone who has been in the presence of death -- whether it is the death of a literal life, or merely the death of possibilities -- knows that it is not a moment to be taken lightly, nor casually considered.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #148
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
My wife and I miscarried late last year.

There are those who considered it seven-week old biological waste.

They were entitled to their opinion.

There were, however, those who felt that loss as deeply as anything they have ever experienced. Several of our friends also experienced miscarriages last year. We all experienced the same pain. It was a loss of life, of possibilities and opportunities unfulfilled. I would not wish that pain on anyone. And I would be very careful about mocking those for whom life -- even in its early, formative stages -- is a sacred thing.
Although you may believe otherwise, I am truly sorry for your loss.

I would caution you to be very, very careful in making your own assumptions about how people feel or what they've experienced.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #149
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
You know, there's an awful lot to be said here about the smugness of those who are dogging people who believe life starts at conception. There's a lot to be said about the automatic vitriol that even wondering whether the right to control one's own body includes the right to commit murder.
There's a lot to be said about the smugness in your own post and the smugness of many on the pro-life side. Don't think for one second that it's limited to only one side, once you've done that you've lost.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #150
War Child

Local Time: 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
just try and imagine how it feels in my place or any one else who is anti-abortion, when you go to pay your taxes...
On the flip side, how do you think it felt for people who are against the war in Iraq, who had to pay their taxes during Bush's presidency? If I had to choose between the two, I'd chose Obama and his new policy.