Obama releases the "Torture Memos"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gm11100720111007083934.jpg

If for no other reason than consistency there sure should be a lot more FYM voices echoing the charges of Ron Paul and others.

If you thought Cheney & Bush war criminals for waterboarding 3 detainees, Gitmo and all that. Then what are we to make of President Obama and his Judge-Jury-Executioner Drones (with, oh by the way, a certain level of civilian collateral damage)?

I guess consistency is overrated.

Apple and oranges don't you think?

Drones are used when capturing is not an option. If capturing was an option, THEN you would have a point.

Do you not trust your military all of a sudden? What happen to your belief in American Exceptionalism?

If for no other reason than consistency there sure should be a lot more FYM voices echoing the charges of Ron Paul and others.

If you thought Cheney & Bush war criminals for waterboarding 3 detainees, Gitmo and all that. Then what are we to make of President Obama and his Judge-Jury-Executioner Drones (with, oh by the way, a certain level of civilian collateral damage)?

Well, that cuts both ways doesn't it? If you supported Cheney/Bush's methods, surely you are also in support of Obamas use of the drones. . .

The sad fact is that consistency isn't the point, is it? . .it's that Obama can do no right.

really,
I think the right pretty much is 100% on board with these drone strikes on 'suspected' terrorist and their collaborators

just, like many on the left was 100% on board with increase AIDS money to Africa by the Bush Admin.

really,
I think the right pretty much is 100% on board with these drone strikes on 'suspected' terrorist and their collaborators

just, like many on the left was 100% on board with increase AIDS money to Africa by the Bush Admin.

Yeah, I'm surprised INDY hasn't corrected me yet. I saw he was fully on board with the drone strikes in another thread after I posted that.

I'm against what the Bush admin and what the Obama admin did.

I'm against torture because it doesn't give real answers. Some people will confess to anything just to stop the pain.

I agree with Ron Paul about Al-Awlaki. He should've been brought to found and brought to trial. The idea that the government can order the death of an American citizen who may or may not have killed anyone sounds scary. I know some people will say Al-Awlaki recruited others to kill Americans and therefore deserved to be put to death without trial. But this is a fellow American, even though he denounced the country. There's something dangerous about ordering an American's death without trial. And even then, doesn't death make him a martyr? I'm also aware that it may not have been easy to get Al-Awlaki. Well, it wasn't easy to hunt down Osama and kill him, right?

You're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom