Obama is the anti-christ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
So I keep seeing these comments that Obama shouldn't be elected because he's the anti-christ, but doesn't that mean that we SHOULD elect him?

From what I understand this anti-christ character will be pretty good at unifying the beltway.

Either Campbell Brown or Katie Couric at the upcoming Democratic National Convention.

death1.jpg

“‘Look at me, Barack! It’s all for you!’”

Sometimes FYM baffles me...5 responses out of 102 views...and with a thread title like this, man, you'd think there'd be way more wouldn't you?

Sometimes FYM baffles me...5 responses out of 102 views...and with a thread title like this, man, you'd think there'd be way more wouldn't you?

That's just because we're more familiar with Mr. Dalton than you are, Harry. We know his ways. ;)

That's apparently the only response you could come up with, so why did you expect more?

Most here are in league with The One. To say more only invites peril for they are legion and act as His eyes and ears and for that He doth send a thrill up their leg.

Best to flee from this place for there is much danger.

He can't be the anti-christ and the messiah at the same time, you have to make a decision.

He can't be the anti-christ and the messiah at the same time, you have to make a decision.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

The Devil in disguise, a wolf in sheep's clothing, RuPaul... many things are not what they appear to be.
smile.gif

Christian history has thought of the antichrist as being either....

1) Anyone who preaches false doctrine (i.e., no specific individual), as in early Christianity.
2) The papacy, as argued by anti-Catholic Protestant reformers from the 1500s to the early 20th century.
3) A specific Antichrist to come just before the end of the world, to be accepted by the Jews and enthroned in the temple at Jerusalem, as created by Francisco Ribera, a 16 century Spanish Catholic Jesuit priest, specifically to counter the anti-Catholic Protestant theology on the subject (exchanging anti-Catholicism for populist anti-Semitism? How typical.).

Ribera's antichrist is identified by the following traits:

Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God.

Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.

Abolish the Christian religion.

Deny Jesus Christ.

Be received by the Jews.

Pretend to be God.

Kill the two witnesses of God.

Conquer the world.

Likewise, Ribera was the first to formulate the idea that the antichrist was an apocalyptic concept that had no bearing on the Middle Ages or the papacy, but, instead to the distant future. Ribera's antichrist theology was widely absorbed into Protestantism with the advent of the influential Protestant Scofield Reference Bible that was published in the immediate years before World War I. Thus, Scofield's pessimistic view regarding our future resonated well with the horrors that people experienced during the war, and it was this Bible that permanently introduced an obsession with "the end times" into American fundamentalist Christianity.

So, basically, by all reasonable standards, Obama is not "The Antichrist."

1) Anyone who preaches false doctrine (i.e., no specific individual), as in early Christianity.
2) The papacy, as argued by anti-Catholic Protestant reformers from the 1500s to the early 20th century.
3) A specific Antichrist to come just before the end of the world, to be accepted by the Jews and enthroned in the temple at Jerusalem, as created by Francisco Ribera, a 16 century Spanish Catholic Jesuit priest, specifically to counter the anti-Catholic Protestant theology on the subject (exchanging anti-Catholicism for populist anti-Semitism? How typical.).

Likewise, Ribera was the first to formulate the idea that the antichrist was an apocalyptic concept that had no bearing on the Middle Ages or the papacy, but, instead to the distant future. Ribera's antichrist theology was widely absorbed into Protestantism with the advent of the influential Protestant Scofield Reference Bible that was published in the immediate years before World War I. Thus, Scofield's pessimistic view regarding our future resonated well with the horrors that people experienced during the war, and it was this Bible that permanently introduced an obsession with "the end times" into American fundamentalist Christianity.
Can't say that I'm familiar with Ribera, I'll have to look into him.

Whether Revelations deals with Christians in it's first-century setting being warned about a coming prosecution at the hand of Caesar or is a narrative of world events with much yet to play out, it is highly symbolic literature and must be read as such.

I'd still like to check his scalp though.

Dalton, you happy now? Get what you wanted?

3) A specific Antichrist to come just before the end of the world, to be accepted by the Jews

So, if he gains majority of Jewish voters we can pack things up. :wink:

Don't the people coming up with such bullshit (he is the anti-Christ or the messiah) realize how utterly stupid they come about?

Just for the record this is hardly anything new. We are, after all, talking about in the president of the United States one of, if not the, most powerful men on the planet. The pope is the other that comes under scrutiny.

George H Bush raised some eyebrows with his New World Order rhetoric (a one-world government thought by some to be a sign of the antichrist).

Ronald Wilson Reagan -- Each of his names containing 6 letters -- 666.

I'm sure there's more but those two examples I remember. And note, Armageddon did not result from their elections.

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name

If that's your attitude then why even bother posting in here.

barack-obama-savior.jpg

"The Truth"

Painter Michael D'Antuono to unveil Controversial new work in NYC's Union Square on Obama's 100th Day in Office.

Kinda puts all those Newsweek and Time covers to shame doesn't it. But why cover his rippling pecs with a shirt?

Have I mentioned that some of you are beginning to creep me out?

Back
Top Bottom