Obama General Discussion, vol. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Bushes, by all accounts, were extremely magnanimous and generous with the Obamas. I always figured they would be, because while George appears to be a dimwit, he was raised by people who place a high premium on comporting oneself properly in public. I also think that Laura Bush has always come across very well and if I'm not mistaken had universally high approval ratings. The Bush daughters themselves partied in college, this was their "sin", that they drank underage like all the rest of us, but their father got in bed with the crazy evangelicals so it kind of all didn't pass the smell test. They certainly seem like they are great young women.

Unlike the tackiness of the entire Trump family, who just stink of that nouveau riche lack of class. Tiffany may well be the only one who escapes it in the end, she lived with her mother in California and clearly has nothing to do with Donald, which will probably be a great blessing to her in the long run.

The Bushes, by all accounts, were extremely magnanimous and generous with the Obamas. I always figured they would be, because while George appears to be a dimwit, he was raised by people who place a high premium on comporting oneself properly in public. I also think that Laura Bush has always come across very well and if I'm not mistaken had universally high approval ratings. The Bush daughters themselves partied in college, this was their "sin", that they drank underage like all the rest of us, but their father got in bed with the crazy evangelicals so it kind of all didn't pass the smell test. They certainly seem like they are great young women.

Unlike the tackiness of the entire Trump family, who just stink of that nouveau riche lack of class. Tiffany may well be the only one who escapes it in the end, she lived with her mother in California and clearly has nothing to do with Donald, which will probably be a great blessing to her in the long run.

Yet they've conned a minority of people into thinking that they understand their struggle, that they are this caring Christian family; it just proves how dangerous the info bubble can be.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yet they've conned a minority of people into thinking that they understand their struggle, that they are this caring Christian family; it just proves how dangerous the info bubble can be.

i don't think anyone -- including evangelicals, or even the most fervent beetle-eating Trump supporters -- think he's remotely Christian or lives his life in a remotely Christ-like way.

which tells us a lot about these people.

i don't think anyone -- including evangelicals, or even the most fervent beetle-eating Trump supporters -- think he's remotely Christian or lives his life in a remotely Christ-like way.

which tells us a lot about these people.

No, I see it every day. It blows my mind, but I've seen comments like "now we'll have a real Christian back in the White House". The mindwarp of these people is far beyond our grasp.

Unlike the tackiness of the entire Trump family, who just stink of that nouveau riche lack of class.

This is a good summary. Whenever I see the Trumps, I think of the Queen of Versailles documentary.

No, I see it every day. It blows my mind, but I've seen comments like "now we'll have a real Christian back in the White House". The mindwarp of these people is far beyond our grasp.

Ok. That's fucked up.

I don't think BVS is far off.

I remember seeing somebody Tweet a photo of the Duggars (that crazy ass family with 19 children on TLC) hosting a Trump victory party the night of the election for their like-minded friends.

I don't think BVS is far off.

I remember seeing somebody Tweet a photo of the Duggars (that crazy ass family with 19 children on TLC) hosting a Trump victory party the night of the election for their like-minded friends.

But that's just because it's reality TV in common, not religious values right? :uhoh:

President Obama has deployed 3,000 troops in Poland near the Russian border. Russia also has troops in the area.

Should President Obama inform the American public on this or try to resolve it before twelve noon Friday?

Any thoughts?

Excuse me, that's not the talking point that Iron Horse is blindly repeating.

President Obama has deployed 3,000 troops in Poland near the Russian border. Russia also has troops in the area.

Should President Obama inform the American public on this or try to resolve it before twelve noon Friday?

Any thoughts?

My thought is that you should actually do the homework yourself to check whether the information has been made public before asking whether it's been made public in a question that strongly insinuates shady government secrecy. This was covered (albeit briefly) by pretty much all major news sources, so it's not exactly a secret.

President Obama said in his final press conference he will “STEP IN" IF TRUMP "SILENCES DISSENT." Does he mean like how his IRS silenced dissent by denying tax status to Tea Party and pro-Israel groups, terrorizing their leaders with audits based on their politics alone, harrassing them with demands for U-hauls worth of paperwork and ultimately denying them their right to legally organize?

Why don't you worry more about what your guy is going to be doing than the guy who won't be in power anymore in less than 24 hrs, mmkay?

President Obama said in his final press conference he will “STEP IN" IF TRUMP "SILENCES DISSENT." Does he mean like how his IRS silenced dissent by denying tax status to Tea Party and pro-Israel groups, terrorizing their leaders with audits based on their politics alone, harrassing them with demands for U-hauls worth of paperwork and ultimately denying them their right to legally organize?

Very inappropriate for "the Obama Thread," the Obama Admin's record :D

And remember James Rosen, journalist under govt surveillance?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/ti...ws-reporter-james-rosen-134204299.html?ref=gs

And the State Dept video editing of public briefings?
James Rosen talks about State Department video scandal - Business Insider

Most transparent administration in modern times.

Deflect, because we all know you won't be able to defend.

Deflect, because we all know you won't be able to defend.

Defend what? Those things happened.

I really don't understand how some will refuse to see any wrong or will not be critical of a politician's actions because they are of the same party and ideology.

:doh:

I really don't understand how some will refuse to see any wrong or will not be critical of a politician's actions because they are of the same party and ideology.

You're right, and we discussed it back then.

You voted for a man who bragged of sexual harassment, mocked the disabled, and spoke of using religion to block entry or track; don't you dare speak to me about not criticizing someone due to party.

are we equivocating between an FBI finding that the investigation into these allegations warranted no filing of federal criminal charges (because both liberal and conservative groups were subject to increased scrutiny *because* of Citizens United) and Trump threatening to "loosen" libel laws so he could sue the Washington Post, banning reporters from the White House, calling CNN "fake news," subjecting the press pool to mob hatred by calling journalists "disgusting, disgusting people," longing for the good old days when dissenters at his own rallies could be beaten enough to be put in the hospital, and argued for government persecution of newspapers that oppose him?

are we?

are we equivocating between an FBI finding that the investigation into these allegations warranted no filing of federal criminal charges (because both liberal and conservative groups were subject to increased scrutiny *because* of Citizens United) and Trump threatening to "loosen" libel laws so he could sue the Washington Post, banning reporters from the White House, calling CNN "fake news," subjecting the press pool to mob hatred by calling journalists "disgusting, disgusting people," longing for the good old days when dissenters at his own rallies could be beaten enough to be put in the hospital, and argued for government persecution of newspapers that oppose him?

are we?

I do remember President Obama said IRS officials were merely confused about how to implement the IRS code and there were just “some boneheaded decisions.” They targeted over 400 conservative groups. He also stated that there was not even a “smidgen of corruption.”

I'll leave it at that.

I do remember President Obama said IRS officials were merely confused about how to implement the IRS code and there were just “some boneheaded decisions.” They targeted over 400 conservative groups. He also stated that there was not even a “smidgen of corruption.”

I'll leave it at that.

Seems the FBI agrees with Obama and not you.

Are you going to call out Trump for his threats against CNN and the WaPo?

I'll leave it at that.

Along with other groups including liberal groups, and a bipartisan investigation found nothing wrong.

All the facts are important, we don't get to pick and choose. I'll leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom