Obama General Discussion, vol. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never forget that while Indigenous people were being brutalized at Standing Rock, Barack Obama was spending his last days as POTUS giving out medals to Ellen and Bruce fucking Springsteen. Puke.
Actually, that was a couple weeks ago.

But thanks :wave:

But while we're in the subject, I'd loooove to hear why you object to these two receiving the highest civilian honor we can bestow. Specifically Ellen. I'd really like to know your thoughts on that one.

Look, I'll even ask in meme form, cause I know how much our conservative friends here like the meme humor

5004455fb2e3900eb7.jpg

Never forget that while Indigenous people were being brutalized at Standing Rock, Barack Obama was spending his last days as POTUS giving out medals to Ellen and Bruce fucking Springsteen. Puke.

Oh, so you're really concerned about the rights of Native Americans?

This latest from Reuters will surely leave you verklempt:

Now, a group of advisors to President-elect Donald Trump on Native American issues wants to free those resources from what they call a suffocating federal bureaucracy that holds title to 56 million acres of tribal lands, two chairmen of the coalition told Reuters in exclusive interviews.

The group proposes to put those lands into private ownership - a politically explosive idea that could upend more than century of policy designed to preserve Indian tribes on U.S.-owned reservations, which are governed by tribal leaders as sovereign nations.

The next time there's a water crisis like Flint, I'll be sure to blame it on this swamp that Trump keeps adding to.

'Definite link' between 100% of American deaths over the last 8 years and Obama presidency, idiots confirm....

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

One must question if letting the Russians have what they want will stop long term massacre in exchange for short term massacre.

Nobody wants to play Sherman.

Let's not forget that it was George W Bush (it's as if the Republicans like to pretend that he didn't exist) who invaded Iraq on a lie and destabilized the entire region.

We clearly don't understand what is going on over there. I don't get what the right wants Obama to do? They like to yell about legacy failures, but ok, concretely, what would you like him to do? Oppose the Russians? Then why did you vote for Trump?

Kill them all. Show that our military isn't weak!!!! (Which I find a bit hypocritical when they can insinuate that our military is weak, but if a black man kneels during the anthem, how dare he disrespect the military)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Let's not forget that it was George W Bush (it's as if the Republicans like to pretend that he didn't exist) who invaded Iraq on a lie and destabilized the entire region.

We clearly don't understand what is going on over there. I don't get what the right wants Obama to do? They like to yell about legacy failures, but ok, concretely, what would you like him to do? Oppose the Russians? Then why did you vote for Trump?

THIS, I find it absolutely laughable when the right starts to talk "legacy" when they forget it was them who started this.

Kill them all. Show that our military isn't weak!!!! (Which I find a bit hypocritical when they can insinuate that our military is weak, but if a black man kneels during the anthem, how dare he disrespect the military)

I think this is what some Trump supporters are wanting. They have these romanticized notions of the great wars and want Trump to flex our muscles and drop some real bombs.

I mean let's not forget that Obama set several ultimatums in Syria, including references to a red line that shouldn't be crossed, and failed to follow through. That is a failure of his foreign policy.

Well why can't we use Nukes? It's not like the Midwest/RustBelt would be a counter strike!!

I mean let's not forget that Obama set several ultimatums in Syria, including references to a red line that shouldn't be crossed, and failed to follow through. That is a failure of his foreign policy.

Agree. He put his foot in his own mouth there. And he and Clinton didn't do very well in Libya either.

Both of which they have admitted as to making a mistake. Not sure I've heard that from Bush about those other two wars (and maybe he has said so)

Obama couldn't really do much about Iraq or Afghanistan as it wasn't his policy and he couldn't negotiate with Iraq on the pull out.

But Syria, yeah that seems to be a mess he's accountable for (not just him and USA).

It's unfortunate but shows just how difficult it is to manage that part of the world. No clue what to do about it

Absolutely, but do you believe that is what the history books(if we still have books then) will say about him?

The fact is we don't know what would have happened had he actually followed through with his ultimatum, or what that action would have looked like. Maybe it would have made the situation worse. Maybe the conflict would have spread. Or maybe a lot of what we've seen in recent days would never have occurred.

But when nothing happened, that emboldened Assad and his allies, like Russia, and as a result there has been human suffering on a scale not seen in a long time. So I don't know what the history books will say, but Obama's failure here is indisputable, even if he's not the one that created the mess in the first place.

Agree with you there.

The 'Russian Reset,' promoted by the President/Sec Clinton, devolved into a toxic relationship. Look at the invasion of Crimea, the presidential election meddling, the humanitarian disaster in Syria (another Russian proxy), etc, etc.

The lack of influence/leverage used with respect to Russia is connected to America's weak diplomatic relationship and the consequences we've seen taking place.

Romney and Obama's debate disagreement of whether Russia was a true geopolitical foe comes to mind again :|

Back
Top Bottom