Obama General Discussion, vol. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BhxVh5NCcAApjBe.jpg

This is supposed to be a negative? Not necessarily it all becoming food stamps, but spending military money on issues on the homefront would be a bad thing? Really?

I hear that there's a very strong correlation between participating in outdoors activities and formerly being in the KGB.

Any of the windbags whining about Obama's bike helmet would be whining about what a poor role model he was if he'd appeared on a bike without a helmet.

Unemployed or jobless. Wait for both sides to skew the numbers. On a lighter note the weather has been pleasant...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We need another Andrew Jackson. The man had balls of iron.....literally.....he died of lead poisoning.

House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories

A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

[...]

The House Intelligence Committee report was released with little fanfare on the Friday before Thanksgiving week. Many of its findings echo those of six previous investigations by various congressional committees and a State Department panel. The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.

6 investigations! All the same results, what a fucking waste... and Fox still brings it up 6 times a day.

BhxVh5NCcAApjBe.jpg

This is supposed to be a negative? Not necessarily it all becoming food stamps, but spending military money on issues on the homefront would be a bad thing? Really?

I know, right? :lol:

It's the financial decision the government should obviously be making. Huge tax cuts for the rich and an overly expensive military are pretty much the reason for the debt.

6 investigations! All the same results, what a fucking waste... and Fox still brings it up 6 times a day.

Obviously because a certain pants suit wearer is waiting to take her crown...

I'm awaiting with great anticipation the debates where the GOP candidate tries to knock her down over Benghazi...after Romney made himself look like an idiot over the same non-issue four years prior.

I salivate in knowing that they will all be running around, foaming at the mouth when Hilary has a great electoral college lead months before November...

"But BENGHAZI! Benghazi! BLARGH BLARGH ERGH!"

Highest consumer confidence in 7 years, best job gains in 15 years, inflation in check, nearly tripled dow jones, hell, even gas prices are down.

I blame Obama.

Highest consumer confidence in 7 years, best job gains in 15 years, inflation in check, nearly tripled dow jones, hell, even gas prices are down.

I blame Obama.

To be fair, the latest boost for the economy (the fall in oil prices) was not really influenced by Obama.

To be fair, the latest boost for the economy (the fall in oil prices) was not really influenced by Obama.

Wait, that can't be true, it was all his fault when oil prices rose. I thought he controls everything?!

They're more worried that this could cause a flooding of gas/oil because it's down to about $40/barrel. It's nice now, but let's hope the long term effects aren't as bad as they're predicting.
On a point about Obama and politics. It's really sad how both sides of the spectrum seem to play a tug of war of how bad the economy is so they can blame the opponent. They only want the economy to be good if they can take credit. I don't care who is president as long as our country is on the right track. But the fact of the matter is, our country is not on the right track and most of the American people believe the same.
It's encouraging that John Boehner (who I have not been a fan of in the past) and some reps/dems are willing to try and make some immigration compromise. This problem is that radical liberals and radical conservatives are running their respective parties! Obama hasn't presented any immigration compromise that is even close to feasible and a lot of the republicans are just anti Obama and don't come up with any sort of plan but to chastise the president. That doesn't help much either!
January-June of 2015 will be very telling of our future as a nation. If we don't compromise, we're going to hell fast.

It's about time.

Of course the Republicans are completely 100% backwards on Cuba and still acting like it's 1960.

I'm not going to pretend to like Obama, but this is the right decision. In past UN resolutions the US was one of the small handful of countries to vote against the continuation of the blockade.

Finally. This is one of the best achievements of the Obama presidency. Makes me happy that I voted for the guy.

Once again Rand Paul wins the GOP IQ (and testes) test

Rand Paul Breaks With Rubio and Bush Over Cuba

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is the latest potential presidential candidate to weigh in on policy changes to Cuba and the libertarian leaning Republican's position splits from other Republicans who are also considering a presidential run.

Paul told Tom Roten of News Talk 800 in West Virginia that the 50-year embargo "just hasn't worked" and normalizing relations with the island nation is "probably a good idea."

"If the goal is regime change, it sure doesn't seem to be working and probably it punishes the people more than the regime because the regime can blame the embargo for hardship," he said.

Back
Top Bottom