NYPD brutality - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 03:36 PM
Normal NYPD brutality

MSNBC on NYPD Police Brutality during Occupy Wall Street Lawrence O'donnell with "The Last Word" - YouTube

The video speaks for itself.

After this, the murder of Troy Davis last week, and tons of other police/legal wrongdoings, I am honestly feeling sick of this "free" country.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:06 AM
Hardly surprising, they are police after all.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Someone should tell that guy his melodramatic delivery isn't adding any credibility.

I don't have much patience for those clowns protesting, but in my limited interaction with the nypd, they are a bunch of untrained monkeys. I was walking back to my Brother's one night through an intersection (walk sign was telling me to go) and a cruiser turning left drove right into me. Hit me right in the knee and forced me up onto his hood a little. He wasn't going fast which led me to believe he did it on purpose. I gave him a dirty look and a 'what the fuck?', but couldn't do much else as it was 3 am and no one else was on the street.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 01:36 AM
sadly, not the first to be captured on camera.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Someone should tell that guy his melodramatic delivery isn't adding any credibility.

I don't have much patience for those clowns protesting, but in my limited interaction with the nypd, they are a bunch of untrained monkeys. I was walking back to my Brother's one night through an intersection (walk sign was telling me to go) and a cruiser turning left drove right into me. Hit me right in the knee and forced me up onto his hood a little. He wasn't going fast which led me to believe he did it on purpose. I gave him a dirty look and a 'what the fuck?', but couldn't do much else as it was 3 am and no one else was on the street.
I like the melodrama, it keeps the viewers engaged. I don't agree with the protesters at all and I'm sure some of them are clowns, but nevertheless, as a country we pride ourselves in our freedom of speech, and so these NYPD terrorists shouldn't be using violence.

Ironically this is taking place in the very city that was attacked by terrorists who attacked our "freedom" and because of whom we had to invade Iraq to protect that "freedom". Obviously these people don't have freedom to protest without getting thrown around like trash, sprayed in the eyes with mace, humiliated, arrested, and without the the fear of repercussions for speaking their mind in a peaceful way. Maybe we should invade Iran now, we need some of that freedom back!

P.S. Sorry to hear about your encounter with the NYPD terrorist. Fuck the police.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I don't have time to watch the whole thing but that was bad so far-especially the woman who was grabbed and was screaming. What was she doing that was illegal or provoking? Must have been something she said. People can protest all they want as long as it is peaceful. A camera is not a weapon but i guess it's very threatening to some police officers.

I have had a couple of bad experiences with police officers and as a result I'm very leery of them and I don't trust them. I know that they're not all like that but I can't help it, that's how I feel. If I had to rely one one for help I wouldn't feel as comfortable and confident as I should feel.

I think Lawrence O'Donnell is always like that, that's his style.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Refugee

I got an unnecessary ticket this past week from Police and my only conclusion after days of thought was, they have to get paid too. I was doing supposedly "80 in a 60", but I didn't see the radar gun. So , what they did in essence was 'tax collection'.

Overall, my opinion is we have to give police the benefit of the doubt, but really keep an eye on the licence that they are given. They do have a job that requires a unique person and we shouldn't forget that. We have to have respect for all of our work scenarios.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
Refugee

Lets not forget that media dude O Donnell has a an agenda too. When you have everyone existing in a self-serving manner in a society, this is bound to happen. Interests will clash.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:36 AM
^ While I appreciate your point, if you're like most people I suspect you'd take far more unkindly to an unnecessary hit of pepper spray in the eye than an unnecessary speeding ticket. New York has the strictest pepper spray regulations in the country (for ordinary citizens), ironic to see the NYPD using it in such a questionable manner.

This protest movement does seem to be quite small, disorganized, and lacking in specific aims (and protest experience), but then they're almost all very young, and in any case one would have to be living under a rock not to grasp the general point of a 'citizens' occupation' of Wall Street. It could still develop into something important (and not at all necessarily partisan, either). I have to say the blatant, withering contempt the NYT has repeatedly leveled at them, even in its supposed straight news pieces, has left a bad taste in my mouth. Editorializing on the drawbacks of protest strategies which impede other citizens' ability to get to work, and/or fail to convey a clear set of goals, OK, but that doesn't make it a joke story.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
the murder of Troy Davis last week,

Quote:
I am honestly feeling sick of this "free" country.
Well, that would explain why you watch MSNBC.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #11
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

Well, that would explain why you watch MSNBC.
How so? And how does that have anything to do with the main topic that I brought up? Actually I don't ever watch MSNBC, and I came across this clip on the internet.

My guess is that you're too insecure and ignorant, as a radical right winger, to admit police or legal wrongdoing when it's so obvious and in your face, which is why you also rolled your eyes to my Troy Davis comment. That's why instead of commenting on anything about the main topic of this thread, you try to dis MSNBC and myself avert attention. That's just a guess though.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
Overall, my opinion is we have to give police the benefit of the doubt, but really keep an eye on the licence that they are given.
I understand what you're saying. I'm the type of person who does give a benefit of a doubt when I hear something without knowing both sides of an argument. But in the video with the pepper spray, it was so obvious who was in the wrong. And it's not only that but there are tons of videos out there of the police brutality in peaceful situations in this protest. I feel like they shouldn't be given that benefit in this case.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
Refugee

It is a violation of their freedom of assembly. The same thing happened in my mind when the G8 protests happened in Toronto. How is at that police are not given specific orders how to act? The chief of police must use this consideration when saying attack or be defensive. It is all about lines.

Without passing judgement on this case or others, these matters are tricky because some protestors do incite and some events could happen off camera. Cops can get spooked too.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
Refugee

What bothers me about police work is how they act as bullies and know who and what to target for their quotas. They really pick on perceived 'weak' people. If they a vulnerability they will capitalize on it to meet their quota. I have been on the wrong end of this. It demonstrates their cowardice as people.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
Refugee

We have a service in Ontario called X Copper. They act as a paralegal in Traffic disputes and other non-crimanal cases who are usually ex-policeman. I spoke to one last week who told me to my face of all of the excessive ticketing that happens. He didn't deny it. We spoke about 'good faith' and 'trust' and he started to laugh. He says good faith is a one-way street. This is an ex-policemen. So much for keeping mum.