NYPD brutality - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
In first-world minds, these types of attacks from the police are considered outrageous and something that should not exist because that's just the way it is. The law is the law in its sense and the crime should be punished no matter who it is or what it is.

That's not necessarily true in other parts of the world, take Venezuela for example. A corrupt society where cops and crooks team up to get the crime done as a bribe. Burglars, kidnappers, or drug traffickers negotiate a deal with the police department of a given town so that they can achieve their goal and then pay a 20% to 50% of what was earned from the crime as a bribe to the cops that were involved and allowed the crime to be done without any intervention from the authorities before, during, and after.

People in these types of countries are actually more afraid of the police than they are of real criminals. What can you do when there is no legal authority to establish law enforcement?

"To protect and serve", after all...

Venezuela
I wouldn't necessarily take the word of an American government site as gospel. And you could probably apply the same description to all of Latin America, not to mention many other regions such as Eastern Europe, Africa and the vast majority of Asia.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:59 AM
the lone pepper spray "incident" aside, there are no attacks going on. there is no police brutality.

these protesters like to compare themselves to the arab spring... where protesters stood in the face of gunfire, tanks and RPGs... but they cry for their lawyer and chant "the world is watching!" because their plastic tie cuffs are too tight. i mean you've got to be kidding me.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #93
War Child

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily take the word of an American government site as gospel. And you could probably apply the same description to all of Latin America, not to mention many other regions such as Eastern Europe, Africa and the vast majority of Asia.
I have been there myself and experienced that; the link was only included as a relevant example. Most of the events that the site claims do happen and very frequently, but it's not up to the point where the entire country is affected.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
the lone pepper spray "incident" aside, there are no attacks going on. there is no police brutality.

these protesters like to compare themselves to the arab spring... where protesters stood in the face of gunfire, tanks and RPGs... but they cry for their lawyer and chant "the world is watching!" because their plastic tie cuffs are too tight. i mean you've got to be kidding me.

without reading every post in this thread, I will say I do agree with you here

there have been demonstrations in L A the last few days, and listening to the radio interviews, I find it hard to sympathize with their demands.

these are very difficult times, I am hearing calls to forgive student loans? ok, then let's revoke their degrees, too.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Quote:
I told you to go fuck yourself in a fit of rage at you calling relatives and friends of mine "terrorists." Perhaps it was out of line... perhaps.

Have you been to any of these protests? I have. When someone lays in the street and refuses to move, blocking traffic in a dense urban environment... how would you suggest the police officer removes said person?

These "protesters" are spitting at police officers, employing tactics that force the police's hands, like the one I mentioned (and witnessed) before, and conveniently waiting until the response to turn their Apple iPhone on to record the video that they will then upload to Google owned YouTube. Yay for irony!.

People have a right to peaceful protest. They do not have the right to block traffic, prohibit others from going about their livelihoods, and certainly don't have the right to assault police officers.
This is really hilarious. The fact is the oligarchy's shock troops having been trying to provoke protestors into violence for many years now. If the protestors have learned the lesson and are turning the tables, then good for them.

I have warned before that it is the nature of the NWO oligarchy to attack women and children, and so we saw it in Wall Street again last week.

Quote:
There are a few hardcore anarchists down there who are fueling the fires of the majority, who are made up mostly of upper middle class spoiled white kids, a large number of whom will go back to Williamsburg at night. Yay for more irony, a small percent controlling the masses!
I don't believe you.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

The problem with this logic is that it's a slippery slope.

And, by the way, overly tight handcuffs can potentially cause permanent injuries.

I'd grant you that terrorism might be an inappropriate label for police brutality. Terrorists have killed fewer than the police in the US last ten years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ivil-liberties
Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Terrorists have killed fewer than the police in the US last ten years.

[/url]
Stat? (curious)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life

I can't find where I read the recent stats.

But, according to this research project's website, 200 a year on average were killed by US police during the decade of the 1990s.

StolenLivesProject
Old 10-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
Terrorists have killed fewer than the police in the US last ten years.
And by "killed" you mean murdered innocent civilians? Do you even realize what a nonsensical, vile statement you've made?

How many policemen have been killed in the line of duty in the past decade? Let me guess, not enough right? Fight the power!! Fight the NWO Oligarchy and their vigilante protector pigs!! Mob Rules!!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #100
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
How many policemen have been killed in the line of duty in the past decade? Let me guess, not enough right?
If there were better controls on guns, which your party (largely) opposes, then there would be a lot fewer murders of police also.

But, the difference, is that at least if a policeman is killed, the surviving family usually receives the justice of somone going to jail. By contrast, police who kill very rarely face anything like appropriate punishment.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
I have been there myself and experienced that; the link was only included as a relevant example. Most of the events that the site claims do happen and very frequently, but it's not up to the point where the entire country is affected.
Mmmm, I can't disagree with that.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
If there were better controls on guns, which your party (largely) opposes, then there would be a lot fewer murders of police also.

But, the difference, is that at least if a policeman is killed, the surviving family usually receives the justice of somone going to jail. By contrast, police who kill very rarely face anything like appropriate punishment.
You kind of ignored the first part of his post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

so ... the 2012 election ...

hipsters vs. bitters?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Now some people are wondering if this is an indication of some sort of liberal Tea Party, this whole Wall Street moving across America protest thing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
This is really hilarious. The fact is the oligarchy's shock troops having been trying to provoke protestors into violence for many years now. If the protestors have learned the lesson and are turning the tables, then good for them.

I have warned before that it is the nature of the NWO oligarchy to attack women and children, and so we saw it in Wall Street again last week.

I don't believe you.
easy to not believe me from hundreds of miles away. not quite as easy from 5 feet away.

do you like cream with your NWO conspiracy bullshit, or do you take it straight?