Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #61
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
for all the conservatives reading this, these are actual photos of the American Left. this is what they look like, this is what they are protesting. also note that their signs are spelled correctly.

the people who occupy the White House and the vast majority of Dems in Congress are clearly to the right of these people, thus putting them in the political center.

this is the Left. this is who you pretend the president is. he's not one of them. these people are mad at Obama precisely because his policies on the economy and health care were policies supported by even moderate Republicans just a few years ago.

Quote:
for all the conservatives reading this, these are actual photos of the American Left. this is what they look like, this is what they are protesting. also note that their signs are spelled correctly.

the people who occupy the White House and the vast majority of Dems in Congress are clearly to the right of these people, thus putting them in the political center.

this is the Left. this is who you pretend the president is. he's not one of them. these people are mad at Obama precisely because his policies on the economy and health care were policies supported by even moderate Republicans just a few years ago.

Quote:

I can almost gurantee that not one conservative will respond to this. Their whole platform would be DOA.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #62
The Fly

Local Time: 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
The formal warning is for continuing with the insults after my first comments.

Bickering with mods when they tell you to cool it isn't okay, either.
Ok, but the two people who insulted me didn't get first comments. This isn't bickering, I'm just trying to know why me.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
Ok, but the two people who insulted me didn't get first comments. This isn't bickering, I'm just trying to know why me.
Because you're acting like a petulant child and they're not?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #64
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Because you're acting like a petulant child and they're not?
Nah. The rule is: no insults. Not: no childish insults. Nevertheless, I'm not acting like a petulant child. Nice try though.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:12 PM
All of you are equally childish.

/argument
Old 10-01-2011, 02:39 AM   #66
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
All of you are equally childish.

/argument
Thank you. I can take that.

What I don't like is someone tells me to go fuck myself and I say something which I think is a good comeback and everyone jumps on me because apparently I went "way too far" and the first person merely "crossed the line". Sure, what I said was horrible. But since when is "go fuck yourself" not horrible? I think everyone is just used to that phrase, whereas it's not everyday you hear "the shit in your head is a pathetic excuse for a brain". And so my comment really hit a nerve with people, while mostly everyone has grown tolerant of the other comment.

But thanks for understanding that both sides are equally wrong, unlike others who decide to jump on only me as if I said something sinful, much like the cops in the videos.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #67
Refugee

I think Achtung11 is just trying to make a point 'how the people rule' according to the US Constitution. Many people don't have that level of comprehension and haven't taken the intellectual leap that understanding that it requires.

Sadly Jive Turkey just read legalese and dismissed the inherent content. I am sure many cops are loaded with bias, and class understandings. Especially in New York.

BTW, the very definition of terrorist is a flexible term. Jefferson said that revolution and dissent are constantly necessary to rid systems of their corrupting influences. In some situations a terrorists could be a freedom fighter.

And yes the video is selective as well.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #68
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Okay, rather than commenting on people's intellectual capacity or level of childishness, or continuing to argue about levels of inappopriateness on display in this thread, let's just stick to the topic.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #69
Blue Crack Distributor

I told you to go fuck yourself in a fit of rage at you calling relatives and friends of mine "terrorists." Perhaps it was out of line... perhaps.

Have you been to any of these protests? I have. When someone lays in the street and refuses to move, blocking traffic in a dense urban environment... how would you suggest the police officer removes said person?

These "protesters" are spitting at police officers, employing tactics that force the police's hands, like the one I mentioned (and witnessed) before, and conveniently waiting until the response to turn their Apple iPhone on to record the video that they will then upload to Google owned YouTube. Yay for irony!.

People have a right to peaceful protest. They do not have the right to block traffic, prohibit others from going about their livelihoods, and certainly don't have the right to assault police officers.

There are a few hardcore anarchists down there who are fueling the fires of the majority, who are made up mostly of upper middle class spoiled white kids, a large number of whom will go back to Williamsburg at night. Yay for more irony, a small percent controlling the masses! They like to compare themselves to the protesters of the arab spring, and then cry that they're going to get their lawyer because their zip tie cuffs were too tight.

They are not helping.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #70
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase
I told you to go fuck yourself in a fit of rage at you calling relatives and friends of mine "terrorists." Perhaps it was out of line... perhaps.
You've been around this forum long enough. You know it's out of line.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #71
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

Have you been to any of these protests? I have. When someone lays in the street and refuses to move, blocking traffic in a dense urban environment... how would you suggest the police officer removes said person?

These "protesters" are spitting at police officers, employing tactics that force the police's hands, like the one I mentioned (and witnessed) before, and conveniently waiting until the response to turn their Apple iPhone on to record the video that they will then upload to Google owned YouTube. Yay for irony!.

People have a right to peaceful protest. They do not have the right to block traffic, prohibit others from going about their livelihoods, and certainly don't have the right to assault police officers.

There are a few hardcore anarchists down there who are fueling the fires of the majority, who are made up mostly of upper middle class spoiled white kids, a large number of whom will go back to Williamsburg at night. Yay for more irony, a small percent controlling the masses! They like to compare themselves to the protesters of the arab spring, and then cry that they're going to get their lawyer because their zip tie cuffs were too tight.

They are not helping.
I wasn't referring to friends and relatives of yours, I was talking about the specific cops in the videos. In other words, I didn't say all NYPD cops are terrorists, just the ones hurting the people for no reason.

Yea, the people who block traffic, etc. deserve to be arrested. But the people who got pepper sprayed for no good reason? They definitely don't. And I think even you agreed that the cop who pepper sprayed should be brought to justice. And I don't think all of these incidents happened because the person caused trouble, because these incidents seem to happen a lot, around the world, as experienced by numerous people in this thread.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #72
Blue Crack Distributor

Perhaps I misunderstood your use of "fuck the police" immediately after calling police officers in this and in an other instance terrorists... perhaps.

The cop who used pepper spray in that instance should be punished appropriately upon a thorough investigation. Nobody knows if someone else in the crowd had a weapon that caused the officer to act in that manner. It appears that nobody did, ans in that case he should be punished
Old 10-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
I think Achtung11 is just trying to make a point 'how the people rule' according to the US Constitution. Many people don't have that level of comprehension and haven't taken the intellectual leap that understanding that it requires.

Sadly Jive Turkey just read legalese and dismissed the inherent content. I am sure many cops are loaded with bias, and class understandings. Especially in New York.

BTW, the very definition of terrorist is a flexible term. Jefferson said that revolution and dissent are constantly necessary to rid systems of their corrupting influences. In some situations a terrorists could be a freedom fighter.

And yes the video is selective as well.
What a load of semi-comprehensible gobbledygook
Old 10-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, and Headache, I really hope you didn't take personal offense to my first post. If you did, I'm sorry. I did make it clear that I have limited experience with the nypd, as I'm sure there are many more great cops than shitty ones. As you said, it's a large force and they no doubt have to hire a lot of people that wouldn't make the cut in a smaller city
Old 10-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
employing tactics that force the police's hands
I would agree with this statement in many current protests around the world save the Arab spring.