NYPD brutality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because the title is over dramatic like about half of the other threads here

No, because the topic has changed to other issues like about half of the other threads here, which is perfectly fine.

The title is very fitting with the issues that were originally discussed.

Lee Adler explains WHY he is standing with the OWS protesters. I concur with his reasoning, and am glad to see that people in our country can get together to make a public and long overdue statement about the corruption that occupies the top. ~ Ilene

Courtesy of Lee Adler of the Wall Street Examiner

I stand with the protesters.
We as a society must stop pretending. Most of us think that we still have money in the bank to protect, so we go along with the game of extend and pretend. For some of us, the game has already ended. The rapacious zero interest rate policy that I call Bernankecide has already robbed millions of savers of their life savings. This is the reality that has yet to hit home for many Americans who are content to wallow in the status quo. Unfortunately, the longer it takes for them to wake up, the worse their, and our, fate will be.

My mother and millions of other senior citizens are among the victims of the game that policy makers and those who empower them are playing. Their life savings are gone because Bernankecide, the financial genocide of the elderly, forced them to spend their principal. Now the government is indirectly confiscating 8% of my income because I must support my mother. That percentage is likely to grow as her health deteriorates.

Millions of other boomers are in the same boat. They are forced to pay this immoral hidden tax because Ben Bernanke decided that the innocent must pay for the sins of the guilty. While Bernanke’s ZIRP goes on allowing the banksters to continue to collect their fat bonuses, it steals the savings of millions of Americans, eliminates their disposable income, and cuts the spending power of millions of others who must now support those rendered destitute. The guilty benefit, and the innocent are punished.

Bernanke knows that, yet he continues to side with the criminal bankers in support of the financial genocide of the super elderly, and their children, the baby boomers who must increasingly support them.

Among the OWS protesters are those calling for forgiveness of student loans. They may be acting in their own self interest, but it is a just cause, and must be a part of the cleansing of the system. The student loan thing is a long running racket that preys on the inexperience of children and young people just starting out in life. When I was 20 years old I trusted the system (wrongly). What did you know at age 18 or 20?

The fact is that the people’s “savings” that funded those loans, including the fake savings backed by phony assets that have yet to be written down, are already gone. These loans cannot be repaid. Bond holders must get wiped out. Then we’re all going to have to take a haircut. The student loans can’t be repaid because these kids either can’t get jobs at all or can’t get jobs with pay high enough to pay the loans. These loans never had any backing. They were fake from the moment they were issued. But the issuers didn’t care. They got their fees up front.

The student loans are the tip of the iceberg. Bankers have made and sold trillions of dollars worth of loans that they knew, or should have known, could not be repaid. That’s fraud. It must be prosecuted. Today, central bankers and governments are refunding those loans, knowing that a substantial portion of them cannot be repaid. Worse, they are buying them above par because of today’s fake low interest rates. Then they guarantee them by obligating us and future generations to repay them. This is criminal.

I figure that at least a third of our deposits are worthless because they have no assets behind them. Those running the scam know that. Those investing in the scam know it. But they don’t care because they get to collect their fees off the top. That is a system that institutionalizes theft. It must be changed to a performance based model. If you don’t earn a positive return, you don’t get paid. Instead, governments have taken over the scam while transferring wealth to and protecting the criminals who built the system.

If you are blaming the protesters, or are mystified by them, then you just don’t get it. Denial is part of the problem. Too many people have yet to wake up to the fact that they have already been victimized. They are playing along with the dishonest shell game of extend and pretend that the Fed and other central banks and governments are running. It’s time to get real, wake up, and face the music. The longer the game goes on, the worse the consequences for the 99%, and ultimately for the 1%, whose ranks will be decimated at some point, and probably not peacefully if this scam is allowed to continue for much longer.

As long as we continue to avoid cleansing the system of the fraud, as long as we refuse to put the fraudsters in jail, they will continue to bleed us dry. If those in charge of administering justice, like President See No Evil Obama and his worthless AG Eric Holder, refuse to do their jobs and seek to punish the guilty, our society and our culture could spiral into chaos and mob rule. Those in the top 1% who are responsible for this fraud, either directly by running it, or indirectly by supporting it financially, must ultimately be brought to justice or society will perish. There’s no way out other than reform, or revolution, or societal collapse. Those are the choices I see. We had better take the first one, and take it now.

So stop worrying about yourself, and start worrying about the future of your children and grandchildren. The government practice of constantly doubling down in support of the fraud is only digging a deeper and deeper hole. Demand reform of the system now. End the fraud now. Make the guilty pay. Instead of rewarding the bankers, prosecute them. They knew, or should have known, that the loans they were making and selling to others could never be repaid. But they did not care. They only cared that they got their fees up front, and their bonuses in the end.

It’s time to reset and start over. We will all pay a price in the short run, but the longer we wait, the steeper the price will become. Reform and reset now is the only way to begin a real recovery. Stop the fraud, return to the rule of law, prosecute the bankers, punish the guilty, figure out what our assets are really worth and pay us a fair return, and most importantly, return basic standards of fairness and ethical behavior, something that many in society must relearn. It must be done. There is no other way , no other reasonable choice. Failure to act now will consign us to a future in hell.

I stand with the protesters. | ZeroHedge

On the subject of cops overstepping their limits, some friends and I went out drinking the other night. As we were walking down the street, a group of black guys started yelling curses at my white friend. My friend didn't want a fight or anything, so he just played it off, kept cool, and said something friendly towards them. They acknowledged that and before we knew it they were having a friendly conversation with my friend, everyone was smiling, and they even high fived my friend a few times. Then a cop came up to the group tells us to break it up. We say: we're just having a friendly conversation. But he completely ignored that and went on to push the other group of guys in one direction, and my friend in the other direction, forcing us to stop talking.

There was no brutality or anything like that, but it's things like this that piss me off, and I feel like it happens fairly often. Those who are supposed to protect our freedoms instead overstep their boundaries and make us afraid of truly living freely.

It might have been that the cop overheard the initial cursing, I don't know. But in that case I don't know why he chose to come up to us 5 minutes into the conversation instead of right away.

I can't help but think that if both groups were the same race then the cop wouldn't have broke us up.

Thanks. Missed it. I thought that was something else :huh: The title I guess is partly true, but VERY misleading. This is a worldwide movement not just US protest. Plus this is not just about taxing the wealthy few it's about Campaign Finance Reform, justice and a host of other issues that fall under this umbrella. :D Not criticising you...just the title giver. And I see now who proclaimed the thread a PRO TAX occupation. Now it makes total sense.!!! :lol: Carry on...:D

Back
Top Bottom