North Korean State TV Says Kim Jong Il Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They showed a clip of officials (?) reacting to his death, and wow, I have to say it was the most fake crying I've ever seen en masse.

"Better look convincing, or it's no heat for me this winter!"
Just saw it too. It's sad but funny as well.

I'm very, very curious as to how Kim Jong-un is going to run the country, he's not even 30 years old.

Under close scrutiny of his father's cadre of (military) officials and likely the strong arm of his uncle, Chang Sung-taek, whose position is considered second to that of the Supreme Leader.

In other words, the centre of power in North Korea is unlikely to change much, if at all.

kim-jong-il-amid-plenty.jpg

starving-korean-kids.png

Kim Gone Hell - Guy Fawkes' blog

^ That's what I keep coming back to...yeah Kim's public persona practically begged to be parodied, and the sense that little is likely to change only furthers the black humor response (in China and SK too, judging from some of the tweets I saw on a listserv this morning), but knowing that 5-10% of his people starved to death under his "leadership" puts too much bile in my throat to laugh.

I was taught never to say anything about someone unless it was nice so I'll just list some "good" things about Kim Jong II.

He provided universal health care for his people.
He vigorously regulated banks in his country.
He signed the Kyoto Protocol and outlawed private ownership of SUVs.
His economic policies have resulted in "fairness" and "equality" for all his people.
He hated George W Bush.

^ It's terrible how our choices always seem to come down to Marxist totalitarian vs. fascist theocrat, isn't it? I think next time I'm going to vote monarchist.

North Korea:

1) Has nuclear weapons.
2) Is a communist dictatorship.
3) Borders a U.S. ally with whom it has very tense relations.
4) Starves and suppresses its own people.
5) Has threatened to attack both South Korea and the United States multiple times.
6) A nuclear missile can reach U.S. territory from there.

So why doesn't it get any attention from the U.S. government, like Iran does now and Iraq did in the last decade?

Oh I forgot to mention that it has no oil.

Really? I was sure that was a younger Kim Jong Il?

And oh my god the layout of that site.

The website mentions doing business in North Korea.

Seriously? Business in North Korea? :lol:

The website mentions doing business in North Korea.

Seriously? Business in North Korea? :lol:

There's an Egyptian company working on the Ryungyong Hotel, does that count?

I can wait. Believe me. If anything it needs more GIFS, preferably one leading to a guestbook.

... I actually had to check just then to make sure there wasn't one already.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE DEAR LEADER'S WEBRING

Kim Jong Il was never much of a man for web design. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom