Newlywed Charged in Plot to Kill Husband

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone explain to me why they went through this whole charade? Wouldn't the handing over of the money to the undercover cop be enough?

"The bottom line is, we wanted her to believe without question that when she arrived that her husband was dead," Slater said.
Officers then contacted Dippolito at her gym and told her to come to the house. When an officer told Dippolito that her husband was dead, she broke down in tears, a video of the operation shows.
Dippolito was then taken to the Boynton Beach Police Department, where she was told of the investigation and arrested. Michael Dippolito, who was informed of the case Wednesday morning, was also at the police department, as was the undercover officer who Dalia Dippolito believed was going to kill her husband, according to a police news release.

i guess they wanted to get her reaction as evidence or something. also, they had proof that she knew about it and planned it beforehand and handed the money to the cop, and it being a "sting" operation, i guess they wanted to get her to believe it was carried out so that by her pretending to cry and all that, it is the final nail in the coffin for her. if they arrested her on the spot when she gave the cop the money, it might've been "harder" to prosecute than if they planned the whole thing out and she went along with it. gives her less of an opportunity to back out of it and get off on a technicality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom