Mother of octuplets already had six kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her family has told agents she needs cash from deals such as nappy sponsorship - she will get through 250 nappies a week over the next few months - and the agents will gauge public reaction to her story. A veteran from the ICM agency said: “If she wins over Oprah or Diane Sawyer, she will have the world at her feet.”

Pimping out your babies...that is probably the main reason I am against extreme multiple births. There is no way the majority of people can afford 6 or 8 babies at once without some kind of help, not to mention that it's humanly impossible to adequately care for that many newborns alone, especially if they have health issues. You need shifts of people, most of whom are expected to help out for free. Did this woman just assume people will be willing to help out because SHE chose to have 14 kids under the age of 7? Did she go into this without a care as to how she would feed and clothe them because she expected "corporate sponsorships?" Honestly, if you can't feed, clothe and care for 14 children without assistance, don't have 14 children.

I'm also curious as to how is this unemployed, self-proclaimed "career student" is paying for her medical care and that of the babies?

Today Show said this morning the hospital bill alone, would exceed 3 million by the time they are able to leave the hospital.

She will probably get it in some form or another, and for the babies sake, I hope she does.

They don't need pity, they need an enriching and stimulating environment, a decent amount of time with their caregiver, and I don't see how a single mother can deliver that to 14 kids.

Those 8 kids will probably have all the problems of premature babies, with the problems of being an octuplet.

This entire story sounds horrific.

The woman's mother has apparently said her daughter is obsessed with children.

Yes, I can see that. Does this woman realize that these children are tiny little humans who will become fully functioning people? They will become teenagers? And then adults? Does she have a concept of how they will fit into her life once they're beyond cooing and diapers?

Jesus, couldn't she have just become a kindergarten teacher?

Who is footing this $3 million bill? Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer?

Was this woman not given a psych evaluation when she insisted on having 8 embryos implanted? Somebody investigate the fertility doc!

I can't sort out the rumors from what the woman's mother is coming out in saying, but I've heard rumors from "she worked at an IVF clinic so got it done for free/got a discount" or "she had it done by some shady dude in Mexico."

Who knows. It's baffling. Those poor kids. I feel bad for the non-octuplet kids, who will be lucky to get even five minutes of one-on-one time with good ol' mom for years to come.

Last night on Sat. night live, they had a joke about Angelina Jolie wanting to adopt some of the babies. But remember you read it here first when I posted it earlier in this thread! Seriously I do think some people like Angelina and this person have an obsession with collecting children-maybe the Duggars too but they use religion and 'quiverfull' as an excuse- but in any case I worry if there is any way every single child of these people can get enough love and attention, money aside. Can you imagine the head cases that may be turned out of these hoards once some have grown up feeling slighted?

Does this mean that Jon & Kate are going to be cancelled? :lol:

:lmao: Kate's probably fuming she's got competition now! I can see this new mother going for book, TV and movie rights just to make enough money to feed her kids. Her poor parents having all those bodies in their house!!! One kid was enough for me and all I wanted really, I cannot even imagine why someone would want 6 kids let alone end up with 16, 18, etc!! :doh:

Last night on Sat. night live, they had a joke about Angelina Jolie wanting to adopt some of the babies. But remember you read it here first when I posted it earlier in this thread! Seriously I do think some people like Angelina and this person have an obsession with collecting children

I don't think any of Angelina's kids are going to cost the taxpayers anything...

Last night on Sat. night live, they had a joke about Angelina Jolie wanting to adopt some of the babies. But remember you read it here first when I posted it earlier in this thread! Seriously I do think some people like Angelina and this person have an obsession with collecting children-maybe the Duggars too but they use religion and 'quiverfull' as an excuse- but in any case I worry if there is any way every single child of these people can get enough love and attention, money aside. Can you imagine the head cases that may be turned out of these hoards once some have grown up feeling slighted?

At least with Angelina she 'collects' children that are already there and unwanted by their parents. That has some nobility to it.

I don't even want to think of how your body must feel like after having so many children. :crack:
Two will be enough for me, at most.

If Oprah pays her $2 million, or whatever amount the woman is after, for selling her story, I won't be watching Oprah for a long time. I hope she uses any money she earns off her babies for paying her medical bill. It seems that having 8 babies and endangering her life and the babies' was planned, and she should take responsibility for it, rather than expecting people to bail her out.

Oprah's not going to pay her anything, she doesn't pay as far as I know

This woman needs psychiatric help, badly- unfortunately it's too late for the eight new victims of her selfish bizarre behavior, let alone the other six (which were all also allegedly conceived with fertility treatments). People can do what they want with their lives, but those kids are innocent victims. If she was only messing up her own life, that's one thing..

No company is going to want to give her free nappies or anything else

I don't know why Angelina gets so much flack. Yeah she's kind of a nutjob but that's another issue. I've always wanted to adopt and we want multiple kids. I don't have this overwhelming maternal instinct to give birth (not even once), there are plenty of babies in this world already. Mind you I don't want 18 total or 8 at once but I don't see what's so weird about adopting 4 or 5 kids.

I heard on CNN she does have a lifetime supply of diapers from some company, I don't remember what.

That's surprising. I didn't think that any company would want to be associated with her/the whole situation, given what has come out so far.

Just the diapers alone would cost a small fortune

I guess all the craziness has made her even more attractive. I should have figured as much. Makes America great and all that.

Octuplets mom gets TV, book offers to tell story

By John Rogers, Associated Press Writer | February 2, 2009

LOS ANGELES --The mother of the longest-living octuplets in the U.S. is being deluged with offers for book deals, TV shows and other business proposals, but has not decided what she might do other than care for her children, her newly hired spokeswoman said Monday.

Hundreds of requests have been made since Nadya Suleman gave birth to six boys and two girls a week ago, said Joann Killeen, president of Killeen Furtney Group, a public relations company.

"She's the most sought after mom in the world right now," Killeen said. "Everyone wants to talk to her."

But Suleman, who remained hospitalized with her children Monday at Kaiser Permanente's Bellflower Medical Center, hasn't decided what she'll do next, Killeen said.

Some of the deals and requests for interviews involve offers to pay, said Killeen and her partner, Mike Furtney. They didn't reveal the amounts being offered, but Killeen noted that raising eight babies will be expensive, adding that Suleman plans to carefully review her financial opportunities.

"Right now her top priority is to be the best mom she can be to all her children," she said. "She's hired us to manage all of those opportunities."

The spokeswoman discounted some published reports that Suleman had already decided to host a television show on parenting. But she added that Suleman does want to eventually tell her story to the world.

"As soon as she's able, she will tell her story, and it's an amazing story," she said.

It is a little amazing what we reward in this country.

Yes indeed

The mother of the woman who gave birth to eight babies last week says her daughter blames her own childhood on her desire to have lots of children.

Nadya Suleman, 33, is now a mother to 14 children, after having another six boys and two girls on Jan 26. All her children are a result of having in vitro fertilization

Speaking from her home in California, Nadya’s mother, Angela Suleman, tells usmagazine.com, “She always blamed me for only having her. She was a single child. I was a teacher and I am retired now. I always asked other students how they liked it [being an only child] and they liked it, they didn’t have to share anything but she was different, she was always upset I didn‘t have more. But I don’t think she really knew. If she had brothers and sisters I don’t think she would have been happier sharing all that so it’s all what’s in your mind I think.”

Angela says Nadya first talked about having a large family when she was just a teenager.

She explained, “She always wanted a lot of kids. I have been supportive but you know now that I am thinking back, she wanted children so much that it was almost not normal as far as I am concerned. I did go and see a psychiatrist or a psychologist once. I wanted to see what was going on with her because she has always talked about having children and always being upset that she didn’t have siblings. I used to take her everywhere so she would have a lot of friends around of her own age group but I guess it didn’t really help.”

Sounds like she's a nice subject for psychiatrists/psychologists... I'd be interested in what comes out of that investigation.

Back
Top Bottom