Mother of octuplets already had six kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pleased to see the family chose to stay away from the limelight and maintain their privacy. I wish them all the best, raising octuplets plus six other kids including twins. This, even though I think if you want more than six kids, you should consider adoption.

Some people don't want other peoples' kids. I wonder what the story behind this is, are all the children of the same father, or is she giving many different men children? If she lives with her parents, I doubt it's a Duggar situation. In a way she's foolish to avoid the limelight, it could make a lot of money in endorsements and TV shows as others in similiar situations have done.

But then she would be accused of treating her kids like the Dionne quintuplets.

The article I read said that her father is going back to Iraq in order to earn money to support the babies. He says they have a "huge" house.

Supposedly she didn't know she could end up with multiples, let alone eight. I don't understand that, when you have any sort of fertility treatments I would think that would be made clear by a doctor.

The article I read said that her father is going back to Iraq in order to earn money to support the babies. He says they have a "huge" house.

I've read that, too. It's That is so macabre. In the article it said he has worked in Iraq before to support the family and now that there are eight more to feed he will go back to support the family.

But then she would be accused of treating her kids like the Dionne quintuplets.

I don't think anyone cares anymore. The Duggars have a show and so do some other family, what is it, somebody +6? Besides they aren't giving the kids up to live in what was essentially a zoo atmosphere like the Dionnes did.

I still can't understand why someone with six children wanted or needed fertility treatments? :huh:

Is this her father, or the babies' father who's going to Iraq? If he gets killed everyone will feel sorry for them and donate even more. Or if they get desperate for cash they could sell a couple of them to Angelina Jolie!

I don't think anyone cares anymore. The Duggars have a show and so do some other family, what is it, somebody +6? Besides they aren't giving the kids up to live in what was essentially a zoo atmosphere like the Dionnes did.

I still can't understand why someone with six children wanted or needed fertility treatments? :huh:

Is this her father, or the babies' father who's going to Iraq? If he gets killed everyone will feel sorry for them and donate even more. Or if they get desperate for cash they could sell a couple of them to Angelina Jolie!

It's her father, or the children's grandfather. Since it's an artificial insemination there is no known father.
I guess when he comes back from Iraq this time he dreads the day she opens to him, "Dad, I'm pregnant again."

Something isn't right here. This doctor should not be practicing if he's implanting so many eggs that 8 turn out viable. The female human body isn't designed to carry this many children. He's using these people for personal gain. i.e. a book or maybe they are in it together.
I just hope the children will be okay. They don't deserve all the possible complications that are sure to be apparent because of being born too early.
This is just sad,

It's hard not to be judgemental about this, because obviously we don't have all the facts, just that:

- she has 6 young kids already
- she lives at home (why? Choice, or necessity?)
- the father apparently isn't in the picture (sounds like it's her dad that's a contractor in Iraq, not the father of her children)

But I'm failing at not being judgemental right now. It's hard to write this because I am all for reproductive rights in other arguments, but this just seems irresponsible - on both the mother's and the doctor's parts.

Again, obviously we don't know all the facts, but why is she having eggs implanted when she already has six kids? It would appear she might not be able to solely provide for the 6 kids she already has! Big families are great, if that's what you want. But FOURTEEN?

I realize that she wasn't planning to have 8 more, but why are you having anything implanted when you are a) single; b) living at your parents'; and c) already have six other children?

Right now I'm seeing why she's choosing to remain out of the public - I would bet she knows just how badly she'd be ripped apart in the media, or even by people who see her.

It just boggles the mind. I'll be happy to eat my words if more is revealed later, and things aren't as they seem right now.

Like what?

I can't answer for WHA and what she meant, but I gained from watching the show myself that there is something very wrong with Kate. As for the kids? Having them grow up on a television show is reason enough for concern. I went looking around on the Internet once after watching one of the shows, for general info on the family, and was surprised by the volume and intensity of dislike of one of the twins. I think Cara? The other one? That made me rather angry and sad at the same time. A time may come when this girl decides to open up a google window and see what her own name shows up. Hell, many of us do it. What is she going to think when she sees that she is portrayed as a right bitch at age 7 or 8? What kind of mother continues to let this happen? It's just one of a long list of problems I have with this Kate. Mother of the year, my arse. The show supply a cleaner and organically certified chef (or some such rubbish), so her waxing about the virtues of being an organised mother hen kinda leave me a tad cold. She's a liar and an opportunist.

I can't answer for WHA and what she meant, but I gained from watching the show myself that there is something very wrong with Kate. As for the kids? Having them grow up on a television show is reason enough for concern. I went looking around on the Internet once after watching one of the shows, for general info on the family, and was surprised by the volume and intensity of dislike of one of the twins. I think Cara? The other one? That made me rather angry and sad at the same time. A time may come when this girl decides to open up a google window and see what her own name shows up. Hell, many of us do it. What is she going to think when she sees that she is portrayed as a right bitch at age 7 or 8? What kind of mother continues to let this happen? It's just one of a long list of problems I have with this Kate. Mother of the year, my arse. The show supply a cleaner and organically certified chef (or some such rubbish), so her waxing about the virtues of being an organised mother hen kinda leave me a tad cold. She's a liar and an opportunist.

I have my own issues with the show and all. I just was curious if there was some sort of issue that had been in the news that I missed.

No father.
Six kids already.
Lives with mother.
Total of 14 kids....14.
:down:
Ridiculous.

:up:

It's hard not to be judgemental about this, because obviously we don't have all the facts, just that:

- she has 6 young kids already
- she lives at home (why? Choice, or necessity?)
- the father apparently isn't in the picture (sounds like it's her dad that's a contractor in Iraq, not the father of her children)

But I'm failing at not being judgemental right now. It's hard to write this because I am all for reproductive rights in other arguments, but this just seems irresponsible - on both the mother's and the doctor's parts.

Again, obviously we don't know all the facts, but why is she having eggs implanted when she already has six kids? It would appear she might not be able to solely provide for the 6 kids she already has! Big families are great, if that's what you want. But FOURTEEN?

I realize that she wasn't planning to have 8 more, but why are you having anything implanted when you are a) single; b) living at your parents'; and c) already have six other children?

Right now I'm seeing why she's choosing to remain out of the public - I would bet she knows just how badly she'd be ripped apart in the media, or even by people who see her.

It just boggles the mind. I'll be happy to eat my words if more is revealed later, and things aren't as they seem right now.

:up:

I'm struggling with it too - hard enough raising 3 kids with a husband and family support (specially in the early years) . . . 14 is well, I wish her and her family luck

I wonder what's like to be David Solomon right about now(the grandmother said that all 14 babies were from the same sperm doner, and the father listed on the birth certificate for the four oldest is David Solomon). I mean, the guy probably donated his sperm with no desire to know where they went. Now he could open the paper and discover that he has 14 children.

Back
Top Bottom