Mother of octuplets already had six kids - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #91
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:07 PM
This just keeps getting worse. She turned down the father of her children because she wanted to have them 'alone'??

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
This is my huge problem with the whole thing. This statement and her own words in an interview I watched last night where she said she had the need to connect and that's why she had children.
That's my problem too-well that and the fact that she also said it was due to her dysfunctional childhood. Of course it's her choice and her business, but for me personally one's choice is not the same once other people are involved-especially innocent, defenseless people. That's a game changer. Maybe she should have exercised her freedom of choice to make a mature, adult decision to work through all of that in another way rather than having all of those kids.

When you watch the interview and what she says, it seems that she doesn't have the most mature and realistic attitude about what she is facing.

Her mother also said that Nadya has contributed nothing financially to the upbringing of her other six kids.

The babies are beautiful, I hope for the best for them and for her other kids.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Octuplet's mom on food stamps, publicist says
Three of Nadya Suleman's older kids also get federal support for disabilities
msnbc.com
updated 8:59 a.m. ET, Tues., Feb. 10, 2009

Nadya Suleman, the mother of the octuplets born last month, gets $490 a month in food stamps, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday evening. Three of her first children also get federal supplemental security income because they are disabled, the Times reported.

Suleman's publicist, Michael Furtney, confirmed the information.

During an interview with Ann Curry on the TODAY show, Suleman denied being on welfare.

Suleman told NBC News correspondent Ann Curry in an interview that she was not receiving welfare. Furtney said Suleman didn't consider the food stamps and SSI to be welfare.

"In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."

Furtney declined to say what kinds of disabilities the three children have, the Times reported.

During the interview with Curry, Suleman said, "I'm not receiving help from the government. I'm not trying to expect anything from anybody. [I] just wanted to do it on my own. Any resources that someone would really, really want to help us, I will accept, I would embrace.”

Curry told Suleman that many people think she had the octuplets in the hope of making money off her story.

“That's funny how untrue that is,” Suleman said. “Money? Money is necessary to raise children. But it's — it's paper. It is paper. To me, it is superfluous in contrast to the importance of my kids.”

NBC chief medical editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman has estimated the cost of delivering the infants and caring for them until they are healthy enough to leave the hospital at $1.5 million to $3 million.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
“Money? Money is necessary to raise children. But it's — it's paper. It is paper. To me, it is superfluous in contrast to the importance of my kids.”
Yeah well it's not her paper so why would she care?

I find it extremely disturbing that a woman with THREE disabled children would opt to have 8 more. Who is providing the necessary attention and care that the existing children need? And you know that in all likelihood a number of the octuplets will be disabled. In fact, they very well all could be due to their low birthweight and premature births. Very irresponsible and negligent of her.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Octuplet's mom on food stamps, publicist says
Three of Nadya Suleman's older kids also get federal support for disabilities
msnbc.com
updated 8:59 a.m. ET, Tues., Feb. 10, 2009

During the interview with Curry, Suleman said, "I'm not receiving help from the government. I'm not trying to expect anything from anybody. [I] just wanted to do it on my own.
Hmm. Just who does she think gives out food stamps? Does she think there's a food stamp fairy or something?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Food stamps are just paper to her.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #97
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indra View Post
Hmm. Just who does she think gives out food stamps? Does she think there's a food stamp fairy or something?

I think she's hoping the donation fairy will show up as well.

http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/
Old 02-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #98
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Didn't she also say in the interview with Ann Curry in response to the costs of in-vitro...that she had saved up & must have spent about $100K? Asked where the money came from, I believe it was from a settlement or disability payment she received in the past.

I think she's nuts. How the hell is she going to be able to take care of 14 children? How? It sounds like she wasn't taking care of the 6 she had! And she said she had plans to go back to school, in the fall if I recall correctly. And who will be watching her fatherless 14 children?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Everyone needs to stop following this story. I've never been more disgusted with the news in all my life. Do you know that NBC reportedly paid her $300,000 for her interview? Would we pay a heroin addict $300,000 for an interview and then let them run free again??
There's no difference here.

I'm sick of hearing about her, and it's every freaking morning on the news when I'm trying to hear about a tornado in Oklahoma, or brush fires in Oz, or the damn stimulus bill. Stop giving her the attention and she will disappear. Has anyone heard what Joe the Plumber has been doing as of late? Exactly. [/]
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Everyone needs to stop following this story. I've never been more disgusted with the news in all my life. Do you know that NBC reportedly paid her $300,000 for her interview? Would we pay a heroin addict $300,000 for an interview and then let them run free again??

I'm sick of hearing about her, and it's every freaking morning on the news when I'm trying to hear about a tornado in Oklahoma, or brush fires in Oz, or the damn stimulus bill. Stop giving her the attention and she will disappear. Has anyone heard what Joe the Plumber has been doing as of late? Exactly. [/]

I'm sick of this stupid bitch and all of the attention the media has given her.

Time for this whack job to go away.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post

Guilty as charged

I just find it so stupid and irresponsible for a woman with SIX children already and no job to get implanted with 6 more embryos.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #102
Refugee

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
stupid and irresponsible
Yet she's gotten exactly what she wanted. I'm sure she considers herself smart and successful.

Delusional, greedy, unrestrained, undisciplined, irresponsible, entitled, exploitive, manipulative, dangerous, self-serving...sounds familiar doesn't it?

Although she's done it in the name of love and motherhood.

Fascinating.

Why aren't we as decidedly and pointedly critical of the same behaviour in the name of freedom and democracy? Or in the name of God? Or peace and self-defense? Or shareholder value?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #103
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:07 AM
I didn't watch the interview last night, but I did see a collection of Ann Curry's WTF faces online. I did find that amusing.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

YouTube - How Idiocracy Happens
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier

i think we're all overlooking the fact that the children will be fine.

this woman is not a lesbian.

Tags
nadya suleman, octuplets