Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:10 AM
What a damn fool.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo! View Post
What doctor let her have in virtro 7 + times???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
One that has dollar bills in his eyes.
It's so sad that for some it ultimately comes down to the almighty dollar.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #63
Blue Crack Distributor

I think I saw Kate on Larry King last night.

Bitch looked pissed someone else is cashing in on having eleventy billion babies.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #64
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
It's so sad that for some it ultimately comes down to the almighty dollar.
What almighty dollar? I think we could better say it's all about the Euros these days!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Octuplets' mom not receiving many gifts
Baby-care firms are steering clear

By Shaya Tayefe Mohajer and John Rogers, Associated Press | February 4, 2009

LOS ANGELES - Where is the lifetime supply of diapers, formula, and baby wipes? The free van? The new house?

Women who give birth to six, seven, or eight babies are often showered with dazzling gifts from big corporations, local businesses, and strangers. But that is not happening with the Southern California mother who delivered octuplets last week.

The news that she is single and has six other children - and that all 14 were conceived by having embryos implanted - seems to have turned off many people, and companies are not exactly rushing to get publicity by piling on the freebies.

Nadya Suleman, 33, has been lambasted by talk-show hosts, fertility experts, even her own mother, who has her hands full taking care of Suleman's other children, ages 2 to 7.

A veteran Hollywood publicist said Suleman's handlers have their work cut out for them in trying to win public sympathy for her.

"I think it's a calamity," said publicist David Brokaw, who has handled crises for celebrities. "I don't see, the way this is shaped, how you can say much about it in terms of something favorable."

Makers of diapers, formula, and other products would probably want to steer clear of her, Brokaw said. He suggested she lie low for now and concentrate on crafting an image as a responsible parent.

Gerber spokesman David Mortazavi said that if the baby-food maker was planning to do something for the family, it probably would have done it already.

Procter & Gamble spokeswoman Tricia Higgins said that the maker of Pampers does not actively seek out parents to sponsor, but that the octuplets' mother can ask for what is typically provided in multiple births: a jumbo pack of diapers for each child, baby wipes, and coupons for discounts. That is unlikely to last Suleman a week.

Conservative radio talk show host Bill Handel in Los Angeles, who has branded the births "freakish," said on the air yesterday that people are ready to boycott any corporations that help the octuplets or their mother.

Suleman's spokesman, Mike Furtney, said that he has received some "fairly negative" comments from the public but that offers to help with the babies have come in from nurses, and some baby stores have stepped forward to volunteer their support.

"I don't remember the brand name, but one major disposable diaper company sent some diapers," he said. Furtney said he was confident that once Suleman tells her story, many of her critics will "readjust their thinking a little."

Furtney said Suleman has had offers for TV and other media deals.

For a single mother, the cost of raising 14 children through age 17 ranges from $1.3 million to $2.7 million, according to the Department of Agriculture.

The Suleman octuplets' medical costs have not been disclosed. The babies were born nine weeks premature, and in California, a single premature birth in 2006 led to an average hospital stay of 25 days and cost $164,273. That would amount to a $1.3 million bill for eight.

Suleman's income is unclear. She was employed by a mental health facility from 1997 through 2008. Nasty callers dominated the phone lines in the first few days after the octuplets were born at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center.

"We heard a lot of outrage because there was a vacuum of information and people were going on rumor and conjecture," said hospital spokeswoman Socorro Serrano.

But calls of encouragement, particularly from mothers of multiples, have also poured in, along with offers of hand-me-downs and tips, Serrano said.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #66
Galeonbroad

Wait what. She's SINGLE???????? That makes it even more insane.

Her being employed by a menthal health facility amuses me somewhat.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Yes she's single, I think she's divorced. But her ex is allegedly not the father of her first six kids, allegedly she had a sperm donor.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:10 AM
I don't know whether to feel seriously annoyed by her or to feel sorry for her. Maybe once the shock of all this information passes I would feel sorry. She's obviously got major mental and judgment issues. And I wouldn't be surprised if those kids - all 14 - grow up with issues of their own.

Wanna bet this woman tries to conceive even more kids? I mean, since her mother claims she's obsessed with having kids and doesn't seem to know when to stop.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #69
War Child

Local Time: 01:10 AM
This is really getting sadder all the time. I understand that those companies that usually bless people with free stuff don't want to encourge her, or others may follow her example on purpose just to get famous and get sponsored into an easy life. But the real victims here are those 14 kids, with their mother shunned, they're likely to suffer poverty and neglect all their lives, and be made fun of at school

If she's obsessed with having kids maybe she can rent out her body as a surrogate. That way she won't have to keep and raise them all, and she can make childless couples happy. Maybe some doggie rescue group can save this litter and adopt them all out to approved families before it's too late.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #70
The Fly

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA View Post
This is really getting sadder all the time. I understand that those companies that usually bless people with free stuff don't want to encourge her, or others may follow her example on purpose just to get famous and get sponsored into an easy life. But the real victims here are those 14 kids, with their mother shunned, they're likely to suffer poverty and neglect all their lives, and be made fun of at school

If she's obsessed with having kids maybe she can rent out her body as a surrogate. That way she won't have to keep and raise them all, and she can make childless couples happy. Maybe some doggie rescue group can save this litter and adopt them all out to approved families before it's too late.
The kids are the real victims. But from what I understand, they will be taken care of by the government. I think this is far better than the mother receiving sponsorships and gifts from big companies: the kids would get what they need without the mother getting the publicity she probably craves. Since the mother is "obsessed" with having kids, publicity may encourage her to have even more, which would not benefit her 14 existing kids at all. This story outrages me so much that I would probably boycott a company that promoted this madness.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #71
Refugee

Local Time: 07:10 AM
How more bizarre can this get? I wouldn't be surprised at this point to find out one of the first 6 is sick and needed a sibling donor match.

What I still can't fathom is why the fertility doctor agreed to implant 8 embyros if current protocols are 2-3 max.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #72
War Child

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Octuplets mom says she longed to escape loneliness - Yahoo! News
Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Suleman says it took seven years of trying before she became pregnant with her first child.
So, she started trying when she was 19? How could a doctor do that to someone so young? Talk about ethical issues!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

This is NUTS! If this woman adopted 14 dogs in 7 years she would be labeled a hoarder and animal control would be after her....
Old 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #75
Galeonbroad

So having 14 kids solves loneliness now?

Tags
nadya suleman, octuplets