MN Supreme Court Rules for Franken!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Republican Norm Coleman conceded to Democrat Al Franken in Minnesota's contested Senate race on Tuesday, ending a nearly eight-month recount and court fight over an election decided by only a few hundred votes. Coleman announced his decision at a news conference in St. Paul, hours after a unanimous Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that Franken, a former "Saturday Night Live" comedian and liberal commentator, should be certified the winner.

"The Supreme Court has made its decision and I will abide by the results," Coleman told reporters outside his St. Paul home.

"In these tough times we all need to focus on the future, and the future is that we have a new United States senator," Coleman said

I guess he did not want to go the W Bush route and let the U S Supreme Court overturn the will of the people

I'm actually glad the process played out this way. Sure it took too long, and essentially it was a draw, but it peacefully pointed out that our election system in the country is still kind of bullshit.

I hope this actually leads to absentee ballot reform and election counting reform. I hope countries like Iran can look at this as a good example.

Oh, whatever, I'm glad Franken won. He's my guy.

Mark

I am sure you followed it much closer than I did.

It just seemed every step of the way it was breaking for Franken.

Coleman did himself and the GOP a service by conceding today.

No doubt there will be party die-hards that wish he would have kept challenging.

The voting systems has a lot of flaws. I don't know what process Minn used.

We could fix it,

I believe interested parties don't want it fixed.

YESSSSSS! As a Minnesotan that voted for Franken, I'm obviously excited to finally see him win. And, I'm also glad to know that my vote actually did make a difference (for once).

alfrank.jpg

"I'm Good Enough,
I'm Smart Enough,
and Doggone It,
People Like Me."

YESSSSSS! As a Minnesotan that voted for Franken, I'm obviously excited to finally see him win. And, I'm also glad to know that my vote actually did make a difference (for once).

I have Al Franken greeting my wife and I on our answering machine from the campaign last year. I've got to record it for posterity.

He's a good man, beyond his celebrity. He'll do a good job.

Mark

I have Al Franken greeting my wife and I on our answering machine from the campaign last year. I've got to record it for posterity.

He's a good man, beyond his celebrity. He'll do a good job.

Mark

:hi5:

I completely agree. A friend and I were talking about this tonight, actually. Even if he started out as a comedian, he's an extremely bright guy who knows what he's doing.

:applaud::applaud:

I was rushing somewhere (yesterday afternoon) and i couldn't quiter figure out
WHy Ed SHultz was suddenly going on about
getting The 60 votes! (senate)

my mind was on finishing up where i was going and then
dfashing off to get on line for Barcelona!

after a min or 2 before he mentioned Al's name I realized it.

W00T!

You're so clever. :|

Nothing wrong with being opposed to "progress" when the progress is bad.

right - my progress meaning being respected more in the world, a smarter foreign policy that uses war as a last resort, a stronger middle class (which will help our overall economy), health care for everyone, a better education system, a cleaner earth, equality for all people and their lifestyle choices...

if you ask me, that would be more than progress, it would be freedom from the conservative philosophy which fails us time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom