Missing jet 'probably struck by lightning': Air France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of the Bermuda Triangle but it's a bit too far off, but those aliens can fly those UFO's so you never know:shifty: Since they haven't found it I'll hold out the faintest of hopes they may just be on an island until they do find some bodies.

But I don't know what's wrong with saying they crash on takeoff or landing, that's always what jets do, when they do crash. I've never heard of one going down over an ocean before.

I was thinking of the Bermuda Triangle but it's a bit too far off, but those aliens can fly those UFO's so you never know:shifty: Since they haven't found it I'll hold out the faintest of hopes they may just be on an island until they do find some bodies.

But I don't know what's wrong with saying they crash on takeoff or landing, that's always what jets do, when they do crash. I've never heard of one going down over an ocean before.
Air New Zealand Flight 901 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
South African Airways Flight 295 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
KLM Flight 607-E - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China Airlines Flight 611 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TWA Flight 800 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that's just a few that aren't takeoff and landing. so always is the wrong term.

Correct. And for the formality, the 9/11 planes could be added on that list too. It wasn't an accident, but it was still a crash.

Though I guess you could call that a landing. Just not the appropriate way.

Well I had never heard of one going down into the ocean. Of course the 9-11 planes are a category all by themselves because they were deliberately crashed into the buildings.

i read this in the new york post a couple of days ago:

Perhaps no one will ever know how passengers reacted in those fatal 14 minutes -- whether they screamed, grabbed for the oxygen masks or sat in silent prayer.

But once the cabin pressure failed, they would have been unconscious in half a minute, Voss and other experts said.

"It would have been as quick as the moment when one falls asleep," Dr. Philippe Juvin, head of emergencies at Beaujon Hospital west of Paris, told the French newspaper Le Monde.

if they did pass out, i wonder if they would wake up as they are falling. can't even imagine it.

like everyone else, the first thing i thought of was Lost. but what about Final Destination? i'm sure there will be stories to pop up on people who should have been on the flight who (for whatever reason) were not on the plane.

-dan

It is quite disappointing that there is so much rubbish and debris floating in the ocean that they mistook it for this plane's wreckage.

As for this morning, I heard on the radio there's 86 bodies recovered now. The first bunch are being transported to mainland for identification soon.

They wil probably be able to recover the black boxes too. I read in the paper yesterday morning that they were in the tail piece, and probably at a depth of 6 km. There's an American submarine able to get to depths of 6.1 km and they would get the help of that to recover the boxes.

No kidding. Pretty incredible that there's been any recovery at all nevermind almost half the passengers. Very sad in the end but I'm glad there is closure for many of the families.

Missed Air France Flight, Only to Die in Car Crash After narrow escape, fate catches up with Italian traveler

By XANA O'NEILL

A woman who dodged death when she and her husband narrowly missed Air France Flight 447 before it plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 228 aboard, was killed in a car accident just over a week later.

Johanna Ganthaler a retiree from the Bolzano-Bozen province, was on vacation in Brazil with her husband Kurt when the pair miraculously missed the doomed flight to Paris. But their luck ran out on an Austrian road earlier this week when their car swerved into the path of an oncoming truck outside the town of Kufstein, the Times (U.K.) reported.

Kurt Ganthaler was badly hurt in the accident.

Flight 447 disappeared from radar shortly after leaving Rio de Janeiro and is believed to have broken apart shortly after it left the airport in Brazil on May 31 with 228 people on board.

Some three dozen bodies have been fished out of the ocean where the Airbus jet plunged into the water. A nuclear-powered French submarine has begun scouring the seafloor for any sign of the black box, which could hold the key to determining what felled the plane.

The Ganthalers flew out of the country on a flight the day after the jet went missing.

Missed Air France Flight, Only to Die in Car Crash | NBC Chicago

thank you and goodnight.

i read this in the new york post a couple of days ago:

if they did pass out, i wonder if they would wake up as they are falling. can't even imagine it.

like everyone else, the first thing i thought of was Lost. but what about Final Destination? i'm sure there will be stories to pop up on people who should have been on the flight who (for whatever reason) were not on the plane.

-dan

another Airbus
goes down

Rescuers spot wreckage of plane that crashed with 154 aboard

* Story Highlights
* NEW: Reconnaissance craft spots traces of plane, bodies off Comoros
* Plane crashes in Indian Ocean near Comoros, official says
* Airbus A310 was en route from Yemen's capital Sanaa to Comoros
* Aircraft is from the national airline Yemenia

(CNN) -- Rescuers on Tuesday spotted the wreckage of a Yemeni plane that crashed in the Indian Ocean off the island nation of Comoros, Comoros Vice President Idi Nadhoim said.

The jet, carrying more than 150 people, was en route to Moroni, the capital of Comoros, from Yemen's capital of Sanaa.

A reconnaissance plane spotted traces of the jet in waters off the town of Mitsamiouli, Nadhoim said.

"There were no sign of survivors," he said. "There are a few bodies floating and there is a lot debris floating around."

Officials from the national airline Yemenia told CNN that the jet crashed about an hour before landing. But the Comoros government said the plane crashed during its approach to the airport in Hahaya.

There were 147 passengers and 11 crew members aboard, Nadhoim said.

Yemenia Flight 626 left Sanaa at 9:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m. ET) for what was expected to be a four-and-a-half-hour flight. The airline has three regular flights a week to Moroni, off the east coast of Africa, about 2,900 km (1,800 miles) south of Yemen.

Most of the passengers aboard the Airbus A310 were Comoran, an official at Sanaa's international airport told CNN.

There was no indication of foul play behind the crash, the official said.

The crash was the second involving an Airbus jet in a month. On June 1, an Air France Airbus A330 crashed off Brazil while en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris, France. All 228 aboard are presumed dead. The cause remains under investigation.

great...I have to fly tomorrow morning... :huh:

There have been car crashes in the last hour. Do you need to use the roads to get to the flight?

Better stay home just to be safe. Every day.

Except a tree might fall on your house if the winds get up.

Back
Top Bottom