Merkel says no to muslims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree.

I know, mistakes have been made. Jesus warned of false teachers and doctrines.

Please post one current Christian influenced state that prohibits women from voting or has other restrictions on the rights of women.

You have A LOT of reading to do my friend, good thing it's so much fun.

Not that I would usually be one to promote Christianity but the New Testament teachings seem to me to be basically pro-equality at core - the same cannot be necessarily said of Islamic teachings.

As a non-believer, Christian-majority societies are much more likely to protect my 'right not to believe' as compared to Islamic societies.

Not that I would usually be one to promote Christianity but the New Testament teachings seem to me to be basically pro-equality at core - the same cannot be necessarily said of Islamic teachings.

You won't find much equality for women, even in the NT. You won't find much obvious seperation of church and state talk in the Bible either, as suggested earlier by someone.

You won't find much equality for women, even in the NT. You won't find much obvious seperation of church and state talk in the Bible either, as suggested earlier by someone.

I suggest you do some reading.
Here's a good start:
The status of women in the gospels

And don't try dismissing the link I posted as invalid or filled with lies, it is not.

My original post was on topic.

I suggest you do some reading.
Here's a good start:
The status of women in the gospels

And don't try dismissing the link I posted as invalid or filled with lies, it is not.

My original post was on topic.

These are all things Jesus did, but none of these were calls to change. Even your own link admits this. When you still have mainstream denominations that don't allow women to teach, preach, or hold positions of authority then it's obvious that interpretations still vary. So don't try and pretend that Christianity as interpreted in today's society is minus any sexism or discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom