MERGED-> Tom Cruise and Scientology freak me out + Video protest - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:41 PM
In this clip, two members from the "Citizens Commission On Human Rights," an advocacy group established by the Church of Scientology, explain that psychiatry caused the 9/11 attacks.

Larry Byrnes, the host of the "No Drug Show," and his guest David Figueroa, claim that psychiatrists knowingly turn people into "killing machines" using drugs, and that in Bin Laden's case it was Ayman al-Zawahiri, his second in command, who led him astray as his psychiatrist. In fact, Ayman al-Zawahiri is an eye surgeon.

YouTube - Scientology bullshit: PSYCHIATRISTS Caused 9/11 and Other Suicide Bombers!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #227
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:41 PM

I thought it was called the "no drug" show? That dude's high as a kite...

Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:41 PM
I think Scientologists hate psychiatry because they look at it as competition.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

Crack is whack

He doesn't even have his facts straight but he believes it all the same
Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #230
ONE
love, blood, life

Well at least theyre not saying the US Govt did it.

And he is correct terrorists are brainwashed amd evil.

<>
Old 02-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

YouTube - Scientology: Inside a Church of Scientology

They just rip off Buddhism/Christianity/Psychoanalysis/Philosophy

The reactive mind is just what psychologists call schemas which are internal inhibitions and self-talk that limits your choices. These are based on habits. Aristotle already talked about habits way before LRH. With meditation (which is free YAY) you can do self-therapy. In fact some psychological therapy methods are simplified meditation techniques without the "B" word.

The human mind has fight or flight responses when dealing with people and those who can control it better can stay in the present moment (Eric tolle is another rip-off artist). Our minds can habitually replay bad scenes from the past in our lives over and over again interfering with your concentration. Our concentration can be interfered with when we imagine what negative things can happen into the future as well. Since we live in the present moment we can train, AKA create new habits, to change our lives so we pay attention to our choices in life and react less. This could be called self-discipline. All you would do is think of a healthier habit and force yourself to do it repeatedly until enough repetitions and time make it second nature. I'm sure ex-smokers to teach people a lesson or two.

When you practice meditation one of the basic methods is to stay in the present moment with attention is to follow your breath. Normally your mind will daydream onto other topics based on habits. By non-judgmentally bringing your attention back on the breath you are practicing concentration. This naturally over time will help you deal with emotion and recurring negative self-talk. When you make choices in life it's in the present moment and being less emotionally reactive and improving your attention span you can create a new habit of thinking before reacting to things. This of course is very helpful and can create feelings of peace with yourself. If you take those pleasant feelings and attribute them to magical powers or religious superstition you can see how people don't give themselves enough credit for their self-discipline efforts and how ego-maniacal cult leaders would love to take the credit for you. If you believe that you are infected by alien personalities and attribute your negative self-talk to other beings inside you that must be one hell of a mindfuck.

The best thing is to get a library card (much cheaper) or go to bookstores and read non-fiction books covering the humanities. Especially general books when you are starting. If you are curious you should have the motivation and energy to study different points of view in philosophy, science, and politics. This will give you the ability to COMPARE points of view so when a religion comes along you aren't so ignorant as to fall into it. Ignorance is a large challenge for all human beings, and we all look to each other for help. Many humans love conformism and to join groups that purport to solve your problems or to have the magic bullet to relieve pain. Like with any desire there are many people who would like to make money off of your weaknesses/desires. If you are well read you will naturally be more skeptical of some of the wild claims that are made.

YouTube - Scientology: Inside the Cult

YouTube - Egomania - Documentary [part 1]

It's good to study narcissism if you want to understand cult leaders. L. Ron Hubbard was a cult leader. Narcissists would love a job where they can do "auditing" and tell you whats wrong with you and manipulate you. Narcissists have big egos and to be able to "audit" someone would give them ENORMOUS narcissist supply and sadistic pleasure. Since hollywood stars have big egos it's no surprise that they would be attracted to something like Scientology. Narcissists often will use the excuse of unrelenting standards that they put on themselves and then push on others. Look at Tom Cruise's Scientology video interview and he'll admit to that. Egotistic people have grandiose opinions of themselves and any criticism must be destroyed. I would never criticize Tom Cruise in front of him for fear of some backlash and private investigators causing trouble for me.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

The controversial Church of Scientology is reportedly under investigation by the FBI. According to an article in The New Yorker, the church is being investigated in connection with human trafficking and enslavement allegations. The article also includes an interview with ex-member and Oscar-winning screenwriter Paul Haggis.

Paul Haggis Vs. the Church of Scientology : The New Yorker
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #233
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
The controversial Church of Scientology is reportedly under investigation by the FBI. According to an article in The New Yorker, the church is being investigated in connection with human trafficking and enslavement allegations. The article also includes an interview with ex-member and Oscar-winning screenwriter Paul Haggis.

Paul Haggis Vs. the Church of Scientology : The New Yorker
It's an excellent interview, worth the read.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

I wanted to read it but my printer ran out of black ink last night (I think Tom Cruise might have been behind that..hmmm) and it's just way too much eye strain for me to read that much off my computer screen.

I do want to read it asap.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:41 AM
The New Yorker article is excellent. So is this expose in Rolling Stone:

Inside Scientology | Rolling Stone Culture

As well as this (archived) story from Time:

Scientology: 'Religion' a Thriving Cult of Greed, Power - TIME