MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha shooting

Pittsburgh Shooting

Binghamton NY Shooting - what's the difference :shrug:

PITTSBURGH COP KILLER FEARED OBAMA GUN BAN...
Gunmen Kills Three Pittsburgh Police Officers

PITTSBURGH (KDKA/AP) ―

A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, a police official said.

Friends said 23 year-old Richard Poplawski feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed.

I think we all learned our lesson. There will be no more talk of banning or even gun control.

....the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The founding father's would be rolling over in their graves. (on slave girls)

Friends said 23 year-old Richard Poplawski feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed.

Police planned to release more details at a 3 p.m. news conference Saturday.

Poplawski was arrested after a several-hour standoff.

One witness reported hearing hundreds of shots.

The shootings occurred just two weeks after four police officers were fatally shot March 21 in Oakland, Calif., in the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001.

Poplawski's friends at the scene described him as a young man who thought the Obama administration would ban guns.

One friend, Edward Perkovic, said Poplawski feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon."

Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said he feared that President Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."

Perkovic, a 22-year-old who said he was Poplawski's best friend, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

Perkovic said: "I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."

Vire, 23, said Poplawski once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn't successful.

Vire said his friend had an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.

Another friend, Joe DiMarco, said Poplawski had been laid off from his job at a glass factory earlier this year.

DiMarco said he didn't know the name of the company, but knew Poplawski had been upset about losing his job.

The officers were called to the home in the Stanton Heights neighborhood at about 7 a.m.

Tom Moffitt, 51, a city firefighter who lives two blocks away, said he heard about the shooting on his scanner and came to the scene, where he heard "hundreds, just hundreds of shots. And not just once - several times."

Rob Gift, 45, who lives a block away, said he heard rapid gunfire as he was letting his dog out.

He said the neighborhood of well-kept single-family houses and manicured lawns is home to many police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other city workers.

"It's just a very quiet neighborhood," Gift said.

fucking Obama!!

is it too late to take my vote back??

Why does a 23 year old, or indeed anyone, feel the need to an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum?

It's just crazy.

Why does a 23 year old, or indeed anyone, feel the need to an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum?

It's just crazy.

I'm 23 and have:

.22 revolver
.38 special snubby
.40 s&w h&k p2000 (duty weapon)
.22 semi-auto rifle
20 gauge shotgun

of course im in law enforcement, so its ok right?

the "AK-47" he had wasnt a true Ak-47, probably a cheap copy in semi-auto. can buy at your local dunham's. not that different from an ordinary hunting rifle, other than asthetics. can be used for sport or home-defense. the .357 is probably one of the best self-defense rounds around. what can i say, in PA we like our guns.

that answer your question?

the media's terms they love to use like "assault rifle" or "high-powered rifle" or "hand cannon" are BS in most of these shootings, only used to sensationalize the story and get ratings.

For what purpose do you have these killing devices?

the .22 revolver was my grandfathers, passed down to me. that and the .22 rifle i use for plinking around, you know shooting cans and paper targets and stuff. good times.

the 20 gauge shotgun i bought while in college cause all my roommates used to go up to on of their aunt's 80 acres every couple of weekends and shoot skeet. also good times.

the .38 i bought a year or so ago to carry for personal protection,since it is a crazy world we live in, and the way the economy is going it may get worse. the h&k was issued to me by the agency i work for.

so only 2 of them are for "killing", or as id put it, defense.

the others are for fun/sport. and it is fun, dont knock it till you try it. and no i dont hunt or kill animals with them, i only shoot non-living cans and paper. never felt the urge to shoot anything living. :lol:

I'm seeing a disconnect here.

thats right, im actually a secret government agent trying to seek out "terrorists" on the internet. :lol:

what, i cant work in law enforcement and disagree with the way the government is running things at the same time? :wink:

not like i was being a smart-ass with that comment or anything.

damn how many months ago was that post? i think someone has way too much time on their hands.

there is a 3rd young Pennsylvanian that would back you up. if he could get online.

23 year-old Richard Poplawski probably believed the Police would take away his right to bear arms.

Bigjohn, would you surrender your guns to law enforcement?

thats right, im actually a secret government agent trying to seek out "terrorists" on the internet. :lol:

what, i cant work in law enforcement and disagree with the way the government is running things at the same time? :wink:

not like i was being a smart-ass with that comment or anything.

damn how many months ago was that post? i think someone has way too much time on their hands.

Dey took ur jobs!

Some things are worth clinging to.

The Sentinel Online : Archives : News?:?Local : Carlisle home invasion probed

Carlisle home invasion probed

By Staff Reports, May 30, 2008

Last updated: Friday, May 30, 2008 10:11 AM EDT
Carlisle police responded to a home invasion at 2:30 this morning.

Police say someone forced entry into a residence along the 1200 block of North West Street. After kicking in the back door, police say the intruder was confronted by the homeowner, who was armed. The home is owned by an elderly couple, police say.

The intruder fled the area, police say. Police searched the neighborhood but did not locate a suspect.

My hometown.

bitter
clingers

:lmao:

actually i live in a decent size suburb of pittsburgh, hate religion, and voted Ron Paul for 2008.

but i guess everyone with a gun in PA is a redneck hillbilly type, at least that's what Obama was insinuating, and we all know hes never wrong!

:lmao:

actually i live in a decent size suburb of pittsburgh, hate religion, and voted Ron Paul for 2008.

but i guess everyone with a gun in PA is a redneck hillbilly type, at least that's what Obama was insinuating, and we all know hes never wrong!

Voted Ron Paul? Ok, as I suspected, we're on the same side, I just don't see the point of owning so many guns. It's just something I don't understand.

there is a 3rd young Pennsylvanian that would back you up. if he could get online.

23 year-old Richard Poplawski probably believed the Police would take away his right to bear arms.

Bigjohn, would you surrender your guns to law enforcement?

uh, i am law enforcement

someone needs to check their glasses

not THAT paranoid either.

Voted Ron Paul? Ok, as I suspected, we're on the same side, I just don't see the point of owning so many guns. It's just something I don't understand.

it is an American thing

I got a feeling if you were here
you'd be with the pro gunners

I don't know any libertarians that are not.

uh, i am law enforcement

so
cops loose their guns too.

carona-larryking21.jpg

my local Sheriff, called America's Sheriff by Larry King is

going to jail, most likely.

no i dont think my guns will be taken from me or any other law-abiding citizens either anytime soon.

ooooh noooo i listed the caliber of guns i have on the internet!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

since when was that against the law?

Cryptic talk, despair, then an afternoon of horror
Milton neighbors, family describe a troubled brother

By Globe Staff | March 30, 2009

Kerby Revelus often seemed confused to neighbors and friends after he returned home several months ago from a stint in jail.

Neighbor Abdul Kamara said that some mornings, Revelus would stroll down Belvoir Street as people headed to work, talking nonsensically and taking swigs from a bottle in a brown bag. Sometimes he would talk cryptically about God's purpose for him, Kamara said, and other times he acted edgy and hostile.

"Sometimes he was friendly, and sometimes he would just lose it," said Kamara, 24. "Ever since he came out [of jail] the second time, he wasn't the same."

A clearer picture emerged yesterday of Revelus, the 23-year-old who had been depressed recently because his criminal record was preventing him from finding a job, a relative said.

Milton police said Revelus stabbed two of his sisters to death and attacked a third in their family home late Saturday afternoon. The horrific nature of the crime, Milton Police Chief Richard G. Wells said, is likely to haunt investigators for years to come.

After receiving a report of a domestic disturbance at the Revelus home, officers arrived at the house in less than a minute, Wells said. They kicked in an upstairs door, only to watch Revelus, armed with a kitchen knife, grab his 5-year-old sister, Bianca, and sever her head. Then he moved to the bedroom and turned the knife on 9-year-old Saraphina and began stabbing her. A third sister, 17-year-old Samantha, already had been stabbed to death in the same room.

Wells said phone tapes recorded the arrival of police on the second floor and officers ordering Kerby Revelus to "Stop!" and "Get down!"

Kerby Revelus didn't listen. "It was like the officers weren't even there," he said.

Police shot Kerby Revelus dead, Wells said, and one of the officers rushed Saraphina out of the house, bloody and crying for her mother, but alive.

She was taken to Boston Medical Center with multiple stab wounds. Police said yesterday that she was recovering and with her parents. Police attempts to resuscitate Samantha were unsuccessful.

On Friday, the household had been celebrating the youngest girl's 5th birthday. Wells said that later the same night, Kerby Revelus got into a fistfight with a neighbor. Investigators are trying to determine why, Wells said, but the dispute somehow triggered the violent attack on his sisters Saturday.

"We don't know the reasons for the fight," Wells said yesterday. "I'm just not sure and the only eyewitness left is the 9-year-old girl."

Five officers have been placed on paid leave, Wells said, and have received counseling for stress and trauma. The officer who witnessed the attack on Bianca was a 10-year veteran of the department. Another officer is a rookie who has been with the department six months.

Revelus had at least two prior gun charges. In 2005, he allegedly showed a gun clip in an attempt to intimidate a package store clerk in Randolph who refused to serve him. In 2007, he was arrested with two other men in a car on Hebron Street in Boston and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and unlawful possession of a loaded firearm.

Revelus had been depressed in recent weeks because the weapons charge on his record was preventing him from finding a job, friends and relatives said.

Fritzner Oxilas, an uncle of Revelus who drove from New York City yesterday to be with the family, said he spoke to Kerby two weeks ago and that Kerby said he "felt like he was nothing."

"He said, 'Everywhere I applied, they don't want to take me because I was in jail. I'm trying to change my life,' " but nobody wanted to help him, Oxilas said. "I told him, 'Don't say that. You got your family behind you.' "

Another Revelus sibling, Jessica, 21, of Hyde Park, said her parents, Regine, 42, who works at Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Vronze, 45, who is a bus driver for Local Motion, a private transport company, were at work when the attack occurred.

The mother is beside herself, Jessica said. "She is just like, 'I can't believe I have to bury three kids.' " Her father, Jessica said, was especially attached to his youngest, Bianca.

Jessica said Kerby and Bianca were her biological siblings. Their parents adopted Samantha and Saraphina and brought them from Haiti around 2004. Saraphina's father is the nephew of Samatha's father, who died in Haiti.

"Samantha was into fashion and had a 3.6 GPA," she said. "She liked to write poetry and was quiet."

She added that Bianca liked to watch cartoons and was excited to start kindergarten next year. "Bianca, she turned 5 on Friday. 5 for one day."

Jessica said she was planning to buy Samantha her prom dress next weekend. She said Kerby "listened to rap music. When he got out of jail, it definitely changed him. Jail made him worse. He was a badass and all, but jail, it . . . wasn't a good place for him."

Alpha Kamara, who lives next door to the Revelus house, said he went to high school with Kerby Revelus and that he had been acting strangely, waxing philosophical about the meaning of life, telling weird stories, even stealing a pair of his underwear.

"We were talking Friday and he's telling about life, questioning people's lives and talking about Jesus. He was talking crazy," Kamara said.

Conversations with Kerby Revelus grew increasingly irrational, and Alpha Kamara said he seemed to grow detached. Kamara said the two had recently been talking about their former girlfriends when Kerby Revelus suddenly stopped and started talking about religion.

"He starts telling me about death and that same stuff, what the meaning of life is, how to live, 'Do you believe in Jesus,' making the sign of the cross, kissing the cross, and everything."

The Kamaras said they were not involved in the fistfight on Friday.

Alpha Kamara said that 10 minutes before the attack on the sisters, Kerby Revelus had been talking with him in a similar vein. Kamara said he left Revelus, but when he went back out a short time later, he saw police.

"I see blood, and I started thinking, the way he's been talking, he probably killed the kids and killed himself," he said.

Oxilas said he was at a loss to explain what triggered Saturday's violence. Family members gathered yesterday at an aunt's house nearby to mourn together.

"I know he's had his problems in and out, but nothing that would indicate anything like that," said Norm Walsh, a neighbor who said he has lived two houses away from the Revelus family for more than 20 years. "As far as I know, they were a great family."

Walsh said Kerby Revelus lived in the home with his family until his arrest when he "dropped off the scene."

A MySpace page that appeared to have belonged to Kerby Revelus listed his nickname as "Sparx" and shows his liking for rap and gang culture. One video on the site, "Gucci Mane Glockumentary," features rappers with guns.

Revelus's behavior starkly contrasts with that of his parents, churchgoers who were widely described as hard workers.

"They tried to raise their kids the right way," said Marie Simon, a distant relative of the family. "There was no trouble that I know of. I still cannot believe it."

The Rev. Rosette Falaise, pastor of Bethel Pentecostal Haitian Church in Dorchester's Fields Corner, said the mother was a member. She said Kerby Revelus did not attend church often, but that from what she could see he loved his younger sisters.

"They are sweet people," Falaise said.

Have to Love the 2nd Amendment.

People don't suck, they're just ignorant. We need knowledge, awareness, and perspective, and inevitably we would come together.

But we're still a young species. And everyone wants to believe in something, and moreover believe they are right.

But as of SHOOTING GUNS AND BULLETS.

The 2nd amendment was only written back in the late 1700s to ensure the constituition would be ratified in case the government became to powerful, thus the people could form militia and rise againts. But nowadays the 2nd amendment has new meaning.

When's the last time you saw on the news, Man defends himself with 357 MAG?

Now when's the last time you heard "Murder by gunshot"

I know of 4 shootings now in the last week alone.

America, when will you learn?

Our homicide rate when you factor out guns as methods is still higher than the UK's, so it must be the guns right?

No one ever reports on people defending themselves, it's not good news.

Twice in my town of 20,000 people in the past six months. There are no records kept unless shots are fired. But there were 254 legal killings in self defense in 2007. :)

Self Defense is NOT always the case. percentage of those statistics is just politics at work in court.

Twice in my town of 20,000 people in the past six months. There are no records kept unless shots are fired.
If there are no records then how do you know 2 occured?

But there were 254 legal killings in self defense in 2007. :)
And how many illegal killings?

Actually that 254 is a little skewed since "self defense" is pretty easy to claim when it happens on your property.

Back
Top Bottom