MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
europeans should have the right to criticize whoever they want, and i think some of their criticizms are valid, but

thanks for letting us bail you out of both WWI and WWII :wave:

a fact a lot of them forget i think.

:lol:

right! FUCK history! it was like 50 years ago or something LOL. who gives a shit?

and only the stupid americans are ignorant. :rolleyes:

europeans should have the right to criticize whoever they want, and i think some of their criticizms are valid, but

thanks for letting us bail you out of both WWI and WWII :wave:

a fact a lot of them forget i think.

Just like the fact a lot of Americans tend to forget the Russian contribution to ending the war...

Which unit were you in? :hyper:

my grandfathers and uncles were over there, by dad was in Vietnam, and im a federal officer, so if you're trying to discredit my background in serving the country, you're sadly mistaken

even though i wasnt alive then, i'd still never say "i dont give a shit"

I have a degree in History :lmao:

sure doesnt sound like it.

and is that supposed to mean something? i have a degree. almost anyone can get a degree these days, doesnt necessarily make someone smarter. :wink:

Church: Bring Your Own
Gun

Published : Thursday, 04 Jun 2009, 10:46 AM EDT

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A Kentucky church is inviting members to wear unloaded guns and win a free handgun at a special event later this month.

The pastor told the Louisville Courier-Journal the Saturday "Open Carry Church Service" promotes responsible gun ownership and 2nd Amendment rights.

New Bethel Church is advertising with online posters, one of which has a red font that looks like spattered blood (see photos to the left).

"It's just a celebration we're doing to coincide with Fourth of July," said pastor Ken Pagano. The event is June 27.

Other local religious leaders were against the idea that a church would sponsor a gun-related event.

The Rev. Nancy Jo Kemper of Lexington said the event "would nauseate Jesus."

"Not every branch of Christianity is pacifistic," Pagano countered.:slant:

newbethelchurch_20090604094412_320_240.JPG

Absolutely Vile!!!

If there are any decent informed Christians in the Louisville area please PLEASE have the gall to protest this... Certain "christians" always wonder why they are portrayed so badly, well look no further.

my grandfathers and uncles were over there, by dad was in Vietnam, and im a federal officer, so if you're trying to discredit my background in serving the country, you're sadly mistaken

even though i wasnt alive then, i'd still never say "i dont give a shit"

sure doesnt sound like it.

and is that supposed to mean something? i have a degree. almost anyone can get a degree these days, doesnt necessarily make someone smarter. :wink:

Yes it does
I got 4 A's at A Level and went to a top 10 UK uni
Makes me superior to most UK folk who havent fully evolved
I didnt study WW2 at uni. More Spanish, Russian and colonial history in South Asia
And history of migration and diaspora
A lot of it was quite interesting

I'm not into all that 'I fought for my country' bollocks
Means nothing to me
I wouldnt fight, i would not die for UK
I am a selfish being

Means nothing to me
I am a selfish being

i think maybe the people that arent/werent as selfish as you might deserve a little bit more than "i dont give a shit"

at least i think so. :shrug:

I think its sad how troops die for worthless causes like Iraq and Afghanistan
Those countries will always be shitholes
Let them be

Absolutely Vile!!!

If there are any decent informed Christians in the Louisville area please PLEASE have the gall to protest this... Certain "christians" always wonder why they are portrayed so badly, well look no further.

So you want to protest how someone chooses to worship now?

Operations made far less costly in casualties when the Russians stalled the German offensive and kept the Germans occupied, drawing resources away from the Western Front.

Yes it does
I got 4 A's at A Level and went to a top 10 UK uni
Makes me superior to most UK folk who havent fully evolved
I didnt study WW2 at uni. More Spanish, Russian and colonial history in South Asia
And history of migration and diaspora
A lot of it was quite interesting

Means nothing to me
I am a selfish being

Your quote, "Makes me superior to most UK folk who havent fully evolved", is interesting. I make a point of it usually to avoid arguments with people on the internet because it is often impossible to know if you are arguing with a child, a lunatic, etc. However, I'll take a chance here.

That quote, if you were serious, says much. You congratulate yourself for being so enlightened as to never fight for your country (if you consider it your country) under any circumstances, yet you invoke the supposed prestige of your elite university degree to claim superiority over your countrymen. Did your country pay for your degree and give you a living stipend while you schooled in the history of the rest of the world?

Congratulations on earning your history degree. A minor in social etiquette may have served you well too. Tell us, what have you done with your "top 10 UK uni" degree since earning it besides hitting those whom you consider your inferiors over the head with it? I hope you've done something meaningful or you've wasted your time and your country's tax money. PS...rancorous discourse on internet music-fan sites does not count. So far, it appears that you've only used your elite university degree to perpetuate the snobby class system that the UK needs to put behind it. So were you born into the UK upper caste or are were you among the ranks of those unfortunate Britons who have the brains to attend UK universities, longing to be accepted into the upper class, but alas only get to look over the other side of the mountain to the land of milk and honey?

Accept my apologies in advance if you were only joking in the first place.

Read again what I wrote. I wouldn't want Jews, Muslims, athiests, or Buddist to protest; this isn't a constitutional or U.S. matter, I think true Christians should protest.

But nice try...

So these gun-toters shouldn't be considered true Christians?

MATE
I payed for my degree. I'm now doing a Masters which i funded myself, by working and saving.

My family is not rich. I'd say I am lower middle class now (however you define it) but my grandparents worked in factories when they first arrived, facing racial abuse. My mum worked permanent nights in a factory which she hated and it had massive impact on her health, but she had to do it to pay the bills. My dad has no qualiifcations but he has woked for the last 35 years. Me and my bro are the first to go to uni in our entire family.

No handouts in my family (thats why i hate Labour, they help undeserving chavs) When i was at school (16-18), i applied for £30 a week grant for students. I was told i dont fit into the threshold.
Instead all the dumb ass kids who got no qualifications were rewarded with £30 a week to turn up to school. It takes the piss. £30 a week, if saved, would have helped at uni. I owe no one anything and have no intention of helping others.

I am from a family of immigrants. I am British born and think that despite its problems (chavs), the UK is one of the greatest places to live in the world. I live in the arsehole of Britian, the West Midlands. I went to a shitty school where attainment levels are low. No one else in the 65 year history of my school went to a uni ranked as high as mine or got my grades.

I am 100% British and always will be no matter what anyone else tells me. But to say i'd die for my country, no chance.

I love Britain. It has given me a great standard of living. I've been to other places and thought 'living in uk is like winning the lottery'

I look down on certain people as i despise how they behave. They beg in the street at 2pm, drunk, asking for 20p. Not my duty to help them. When i walk past and ignore them, i get greeted with the response 'fucking arab shit'
Then there is the kids who know no boundaries, why should i respect them?

I wouldnt fight for UK as i dont want to get hurt. Simple as that.

What i said about most people not being fully evolved i take back. It's probably only 25%. But 25% too many

Back
Top Bottom