MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, but glancing through the link it just looks like it's comparing and summarizing other people's work, there were no new numbers or information developed. Not that a review isn't a valid form. I'm not sure how it works in a social/ law community, but I know scientific papers have a certain hierarchy if you will; primary sources vs secondary sources, science vs clinical trials, with reviews being on the lower end.

No spoonfeeding needed, I saw the link the first time.

They weren't allowed on campus during Va Tech. More laws don't do anything but give criminals something to ignore and politicians a way to get elected.

Remind me again, what the criminal record was of these folks involved in the recent mass shootings?

My issue with guns has never been about keeping them out of the hands of "criminals." Criminals will break the laws and get ahold of guns anyway.

It's all the so-called "regular" people I worry about. And to be frank, these folks that think they're going to pull out their guns and shoot the baddies down worry me more than most--the cowboy mentality of many gun owners is worrisome. I guarantee the number of incidences where a law-abiding citizen lost his/her temper and shot someone in a fit of rage far outnumber the situations where a law-abiding citizen shot down the bad guy and saved the day.

Or those that bought their guns and never were criminals until that day, or people that took their father's gun, you keep trying to just paint one scenario.

You mean criminals that stole their guns weren't criminals for stealing?

all guns used in crime were stolen?

i someone a criminal *before* they kill someone with a gun if they haven't done anything before? since only criminals commit crimes with guns.

all guns used in crime were stolen?

i someone a criminal *before* they kill someone with a gun if they haven't done anything before? since only criminals commit crimes with guns.

No just a majority. I've had a gun for 27 years and it's never made me a criminal.

I'd rather be around a gun than someone missing too many brain cells when personal safety is concerned.

I'd rather be around a gun than someone missing too many brain cells when personal safety is concerned.

but what about a person missing too many brain cells who has a gun?

this is the whole point.

it's not so much that guns create killers, but that guns make killers much, much, much more deadly.

(though when a child mistakenly shoots himself, then it's quite clear that said gun has killed that child)

I saw some shit in The Netherlands today where a car made it easier to kill a bunch of folks, but I don't think he was a gun owner.

I think he said earlier that he does sport shooting, that's probably what he's referring to.

And all gun owners. You folks are just the closed minded types.

riiiiight.

because all gun owners are of exactly one mind on this subject. believe it or not, my best friend is a gun fanatic. it terrifies me. we disagree on this subject, but he would never suggest that a gun is no different from a car or a butter knife.

the Canadian model has been brought up several times in here.

we're going to see the assault weapons ban resurface soon because of all of the violence in Mexico, i'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom