MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #121
War Child

Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
This is why I hate arguing gun politics with people who have no idea about the psychological processes that the human mind and body go through during crisis situations.

I lived with an avid hunter and marksman for 10 years, and there used to be a shitload of guns in this house. I'm glad to be rid of both him and them.
What a nutter. How many people did he kill while you were together? I've been in plenty of crises, I do understand it. The shakes come after the action, if you're properly trained.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #122
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
If I'm ever involved in a mass shooting and I'm armed, I'm just getting behind the Liberals.
Wow

Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #123
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Wow
Quite contributing, I can barely keep up.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #124
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I think the whole point is, the training is not the issue. The majority of gun owners are not trained. When you start allowing college kids or anyone not on duty to be carrying guns in public spaces the likelyhood of disaster is elevated. A bar fight escalates, someone snapping in traffic, or someone reacting in a highly tense mass chaos type of scenario and them not really knowing the entire situation; all of these could lead to disaster.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #125
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Quite contributing, I can barely keep up.
Well that highly intelligent response didn't really deserve much more...

Of course I could have gone your route and told you to fuck off or suck on it or any other one of your colorful responses in the past.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #126
War Child

That's not where the majority of shootings come from though. Most people are willing to attack the minor issues without solving a thing. There is a huge culture change that needs to be addressed and we could have both guns and a low homicide rate.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #127
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
If I'm ever involved in a mass shooting and I'm armed, I'm just getting behind the Liberals.
Quote:
You'll never get the point so go suck on the media.
Please, we can argue the point without resorting to this kind of crassness.

What would be some aspects of this 'culture change' you have in mind?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #128
War Child

I'm talking about the genocide that goes on in the major cities being ignored while less than 100 people a year die in spree killings and them sucking up the majority of the news. Philadelphia had as many murders in 2008 as the whole state of Indiana. Out of control.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #129
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That's not where the majority of shootings come from though. Most people are willing to attack the minor issues without solving a thing. There is a huge culture change that needs to be addressed and we could have both guns and a low homicide rate.
I could care less if it's where the majority or minority is right now, it's enough of a reason to not allow guns to be carried in public places by regular citizens. You keep approaching me as if I'm a full out gun ban type of person, I'm not, but I am very much for controlling who, where, and what type of guns are flooding this culture. I agree a huge culture change needs to be addressed, and part of it starts with there are too many folks who just think guns are cool toys that need to with them at all times.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #130
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I could care less if it's where the majority or minority is right now, it's enough of a reason to not allow guns to be carried in public places by regular citizens. You keep approaching me as if I'm a full out gun ban type of person, I'm not, but I am very much for controlling who, where, and what type of guns are flooding this culture. I agree a huge culture change needs to be addressed, and part of it starts with there are too many folks who just think guns are cool toys that need to with them at all times.

Guns were banned on the campus of VA Tech, feel better?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #131
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Guns were banned on the campus of VA Tech, feel better?
But my point is that there were a lot of conservatives that used that shooting as a reason to allow guns to be carried on college campuses. Some nutjobs in my home state are trying to get this to the floor as we speak.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #132
War Child

There is no reason not to allow them to be carried there. Criminals don't care. Chances are slim to none that you'd ever need one though, the media feeds that paranoia too. There is still no reason to deny people the right.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #133
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
There is no reason not to allow them to be carried there. Criminals don't care. Chances are slim to none that you'd ever need one though, the media feeds that paranoia too. There is still no reason to deny people the right.
There is a reason.

You are right criminals don't care, but crimes of passion and weakness happen. Even the most law abiding citizens snap or react in moments of impaired judgement. The amount of alcohol consumed on campuses is reason alone. I can't believe that you can't see that.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #134
War Child

You have to be 21 to carry anyway, that's generally senior year? I doubt most college kids even want to carry. A kid at the college in the town where I work just stabbed his GF to death, crimes of passion aren't going to stop no matter what the weapon. If a stranger is going to shoot you on campus, he doesn't care what the rules are. If someone you know decides to kill you, they don't are about the method. But, your chances of either are slim as hell.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You have to be 21 to carry anyway, that's generally senior year? I doubt most college kids even want to carry. A kid at the college in the town where I work just stabbed his GF to death, crimes of passion aren't going to stop no matter what the weapon. If a stranger is going to kill you on campus, he doesn't care what the rules are. If you're going to be killed though, it's likely to be someone you know who doesn't care how you die. But, your chances of either are slim as hell.

but a gun sure makes it easier.