MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #646
War Child

Local Time: 01:28 PM
Yeah it's hard to say why city folks love to slaughter each other, but to give up all guns because of them doesn't make much sense either. Maybe someday gang killings won't be cool anymore.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #647
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:28 PM
I don't mean that the 2nd Amendment should be repealed and people should turn in their guns. I don't know what the answer is really. Most families I knew growing up were hunters, and the first day of deer season was practically a sacrament. But when you live in the Philadelphia area (like I do now) and watch the body count (including small children killed by stray bullets) in Philadelphia/Camden every night on "Action News", you can't help but wonder if there is a better way (or at least some sort of constitutional compromise). -- By the way, after typing that phrase "constitutional compromise" I realize how much I don't like it).

It's all unfortunate and stressful (and tragic for some), but this gun issue may be just another of the "growing pains" in the history of the United States. In the end, I am confident that our country will be safer and just as free some day in the near future. We'll sort it out.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #648
War Child

Yeah we've been through a lot in our short time here.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #649
Refugee

Local Time: 07:28 AM
Its funny how the USA preches to the rest of the world about their values and peace etc
When they are messed themselves

Any country which allows people with no brains (rednecks) to have guns is clearly 3rd world
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #650
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
Any country which allows people with no brains (rednecks) to have guns is clearly 3rd world

So what country doesn't suck? That might be a shorter list for you...
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #651
Refugee

Luxemberg
Leictenstein
San Marino
Andorra

Apologies for my last post, it wasnt very Pope like of me
I just find it crazy how they let people have guns. Let the police have the, ban everyone else.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #652
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well it wasn't exactly a little weed...

And how do you know it's the media that embelished? If they got the report from the police of what was confiscated and the police used the term 'assault rifle' then it probably fits under the definition of 'assault rifle'. You don't really know...
please, i think a police report would be a little more detailed than simply "assault rifle". even if they did report that term to the media, then it shows those cops also dont know what they are talking about. just becuase police or lawmakers use the term, doesnt mean it is correct. but like you said, we dont know either way.

and why single out the "assault rifle" from the other 8 guns, with double hyphens no less, for any other reason to make it more embelished?

i find it hard to believe that a punk kid could get his hands on a TRUE "assault rifle" legally, and if he did get one illegally, he would have been charged for illegal firearms, which he wasnt so the dreaded "assault rifle" was probably something he picked up at Dunham's or someplace.

*EDIT* i mean after all, this IS the indiana borough police department we are talking about. the only purpose they serve is to write underage drinking tickets and fuck the students out of money. how would they know what a true assault rifle is?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #653
Refugee

Quote:
Let the police have the, ban everyone else.
right, totalitarian leaders love this idea.

and ban the criminals from having them also...oh wait they already dont give a shit about laws.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #654
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
and why single out the "assault rifle" from the other 8 guns, with double hyphens no less, for any other reason to make it more embelished?
I think singling it out(even if it wasn't a true assault rifle by your definition) shows a certain level of intent or "legitimacy". It shows that this wasn't some suburban kid that just happen to come into some extra weed and sell it at a party. I'd be willing to bet that psychology would show that a person owning a handgun vs an assault rifle that the person owning the assault rifle is more willing to use it.

Quote:
i find it hard to believe that a punk kid could get his hands on a TRUE "assault rifle" legally,
Why couldn't he? Are there any stipulations against "punk" kids? Unless he had priors that prohibit him, why couldn't he?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #655
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

Why couldn't he? Are there any stipulations against "punk" kids? Unless he had priors that prohibit him, why couldn't he?
well i've explained the PA process for obtaining those types of guns legally already.

i seriously doubt a drug dealer is going to, or even could for that matter, go through all that and draw the attention of local and federal LE agencies. and i think he'd have a hard time explaining to the local sheriff why he needs a full-auto firearm.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #656
War Child

Quote:
Luxemberg
Leictenstein
San Marino
Andorra

With a combined population of less than half of Philadelphia. It's hard to count some countries as countries, when they're the size of towns.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #657
Refugee

Quote:
right, totalitarian leaders love this idea.

and ban the criminals from having them also...oh wait they already dont give a shit about laws.

Anyone caught with a gun loses their human rights and should be used for medical testing

I'd prefer the cops to have tazers but if they have to shoot someone to protect the majority of normal, law abiding folk then so be it

There has to be some discipline from somewhere if these criminal have been failed by their parents
Cant blame everything on society all the time
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #658
Refugee

this must be a joke
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #659
Acrobat

Mad Forlt, I don't know where you live, but the utopian world you seek just has not arrived yet. The redneck and ignorant (yet preachy) USA is still trying to find a balance between certain constitutional freedoms granted to their citizenry and the obvious problems presented when those freedoms are abused. In the meantime, it is a much too dangerous place for the faint-hearted to visit. Instead, I would suggest perhaps North Korea. The people there are reportedly extremely law-abiding, and only the police are permitted to have guns (thus living proof of your theory).

Before you go, will you please identify your present home country. I would like to ridicule it as you so expertly did mine. I am always amazed how especially Europeans really enjoy mocking Americans right to their face. I can think of several examples when I have spoken to Europeans (while I was a guest in their country) and they had the good manners to mock everything about my country. Classy.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #660
Refugee

I am from the England, quickly spiralling to your levels on all fronts. Getting fatter, more gun crime and a shitty music scene.