MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #631
Refugee

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
If the majority wanted both parties out they would have voted that way...
and this is my point that people are ignorant to what is going on. i bet a lot of people dont even know about 3rd parties, or even that they can write in someone for their vote.

all they are fed is MCCAIN or OBAMA in the media. and if you dont vote for one of them, it's like you are some kind of wierdo.

"who'd you vote for?"

"ron paul'

"WHO?!?!?"

Old 05-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #632
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
and this is my point that people are ignorant to what is going on. i bet a lot of people dont even know about 3rd parties, or even that they can write in someone for their vote.
We're getting way off the subject here, but I refuse to believe that people are anymore ignorant now than they were a hundred years ago, and honestly you have very little to go by except a gut feeling that people were more informed "back then".

I think you are shooting yourself in the foot(pun intended ) you argue that people are less informed and ignorant now, but that they should arm themselves in order to one day be prepared to overthow the government. I don't want uninformed ignorant people armed, those are the last people I want armed. If some of the militia types spent as much time arming themselves with real knowledge instead of proganda and guns we'd have a whole new demographic of voters and possibly a stronger 3rd party.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #633
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

I think you are shooting yourself in the foot(pun intended ) you argue that people are less informed and ignorant now, but that they should arm themselves in order to one day be prepared to overthow the government. I don't want uninformed ignorant people armed, those are the last people I want armed.
i never said i wanted that

first they have to get informed

Quote:
If some of the militia types spent as much time arming themselves with real knowledge instead of proganda and guns we'd have a whole new demographic of voters and possibly a stronger 3rd party.

see, we do agree
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #634
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
i never said i wanted that

first they have to get informed
If there was some kind of test that showed how informed you were, and it was a prerequisite to get a gun, there would be much fewer guns in the hands of Americans. But I would be all for it...
Old 05-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #635
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:56 AM
The current conversation reminds me of this passage from "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)":

"Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders."
Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #636
Rock n' Roll Doggie

These guns keep our children safe
Old 05-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #637
Refugee

Old 05-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #638
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

A very poorly written "article". And she really shoots herself in the foot at the end when she points out the fact that some law abiding legal gun owners are stupid and irresponsible.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #639
Refugee

here's a local story from my hometown and a nearby college. another prime example of how the media loves to use this bullshit "assault weapon" language.

"he had 9 guns -- INCLUDING AN ASSAULT RIFLE---"

if he only had 8 handguns, well that would be okay. but an ASSAULT RIFLE?!?!?! wow, that makes it REALLY bad

probably a semi-auto copy you can buy at your local gun store, as we discussed earlier

IUP Grad, Monroeville Man Among Suspects In Campus Drug Ring - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

makes me sick

also makes me sick that these dudes are fucked for life, all for selling a little weed, which is becoming practically legal in some places.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #640
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Well it wasn't exactly a little weed...

And how do you know it's the media that embelished? If they got the report from the police of what was confiscated and the police used the term 'assault rifle' then it probably fits under the definition of 'assault rifle'. You don't really know...
Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #641
Acrobat

I wanted to surround my home with Claymore mines and mount .50cal machine gun in four separate turrets on my roof. They would not let me do it. Likewise, my efforts to purchase and mount a rocket launching, flame-throwing Howitzer on the confines of my own front lawn were similarly thwarted by constitution-hating bureaucrats. Who are these people, and what makes them think they have the power to infringe upon my rights to keep and bear arms? Where does this end? Mark my words, they take our grenade launchers today, and tomorrow we'll be trying to cut our steak with plastic sporks.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #642
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
I wanted to surround my home with Claymore mines and mount .50cal machine gun in four separate turrets on my roof. They would not let me do it. Likewise, my efforts to purchase and mount a rocket launching, flame-throwing Howitzer on the confines of my own front lawn were similarly thwarted by constitution-hating bureaucrats. Who are these people, and what makes them think they have the power to infringe upon my rights to keep and bear arms? Where does this end? Mark my words, they take our grenade launchers today, and tomorrow we'll be trying to cut our steak with plastic sporks.
You can do most of that.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #643
Acrobat

I note your "Location" as "Carlisle, PA". Home of the U.S. Army War College is it not? Plenty of firepower there I'll bet. Of course, it's all in the government's hands. You see, it's started already. Right in your own home town.

Joking by the way.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #644
War Child

Actually there are very little armaments at the War College, but yes that's the town.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #645
Acrobat

Seriously though, guns in your rural part of the state is a very different issue than in the other side of your state (Philadelphia). If our founding fathers (remember they were mostly aristocrats) spent one week in 2009 Philly [where they inked the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution (along with the 2nd Amendment)] they would take their time machine back to the 1700's and make sure that only "certain people" have guns (namely aristocrat land owners). They would be appalled at what they had wrought. I seriously doubt that where we are now was their "legislative intent".