MERGED--> all Gun Control discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
riiiiight.

because all gun owners are of exactly one mind on this subject.

the Canadian model has been brought up several times in here.

we're going to see the assault weapons ban resurface soon because of all of the violence in Mexico, i'm thinking.

Makes perfect sense to ban guns in our country because of actions in another right?

Makes perfect sense to ban guns in our country because of actions in another right?

because our guns are smuggled across the border.

you're amazingly black-and-white on this issue. it's either, "i get to own an RPG or no guns at all ever and the scary minorities will kill me because i can't defend myself."

because our guns are smuggled across the border.

you're amazingly black-and-white on this issue. it's either, "i get to own an RPG or no guns at all ever and the scary minorities will kill me because i can't defend myself."

Now it's gotta be racial? Whites kill white, blacks kill blacks and I don't really care about self defense.

You might want to take a look at the homicide stats south of Mexico if you think they really need our guns.

Now it's gotta be racial?

You might want to take a look at the homicide stats south of Mexico if you think they really need our guns.

they seem to think they need our guns. at least the drug lords do.

and thank goodness your Dutch example was armed with only a car. if he'd had an assault weapon, there'd likely be no more Queen Beatrix.

If they need our guns it's a matter of logistics and greed.

Thank God for 5 dead?

yes, and they'll get our guns. because assault weapons are available. :shrug:

we're lucky at 5. could have been 15. what was it at Columbine? at VaTech? at Denny's?

I don't recall Denny's but I'm not that hungry. VA Tech and Columbine had nothing to do with assault rifles. In fact rifles of any kind are only used in about 400 murders a year. And yes, one is too many but people are people.

I don't recall Denny's but I'm not that hungry. VA Tech and Columbine had nothing to do with assault rifles. In fact rifles of any kind are only used in about 400 murders a year. And yes, one is too many but people are people.

and sometimes, people just got to shoot 31 people with semi-automatic handguns.

i suppose that's just how things are, people are people. :shrug:

A "gun free" school zone. See, laws do work.

see, guns are effective, in Virginia or Dunblane or Port Arthur or Binghamton.

and if VA hadn't been one of the easiest states in which one can purchase semi-automatic handguns, than Cho, with his mental background, would never have gotten a gun to begin with.

but that puts such a damper on the fun you have with your phallus stand-in, so i guess it's worth it.

The deadliest school killing to date was done with a bomb not a gun, so it doesn't really matter what they get their hands on. You went from assault rifles to pistols rather fast, which phallic symbol would you be ok with people being able to own?

The deadliest school killing to date was done with a bomb not a gun, so it doesn't really matter what they get their hands on. You went from assault rifles to pistols rather fast, which phallic symbol would you be ok with people being able to own?

which other mass murders done with a gun are you willing to excuse so that you retain the right to shoot targets with whatever phallic symbol you so choose?

it's just shocking that you refuse to bear any responsibility for the mass death caused by guns. sure, it's legal to own them and all, but there are people who fight for their legality, and the legality and ease of purchase of these weapons facilitates and enables the mass murder of individuals year in and year out.

no other western country has the problems that the United States does when it comes to murder. and the reason is because of the availability of handguns. Americans are not any more naturally violent than any other country. they just better armed.

i understand that the Constitution gives you the right to bear arms. and while i find that a vague statement, i do accept that people can arm themselves.

what i want gun owners to do is to admit that, yes, their hobby results in mass death.

I don't bear responsibility for gun deaths anymore than I do for road deaths, and I love driving too. Mass gun deaths are a tiny, tiny percentage of gun homicides but they sure do get people in a stir.

i like how everyone ignored the harvard study i posted a few pages back :lol:

i guess arguing personal opinions back and forth is more productive.

Mass gun deaths are a tiny, tiny percentage of gun homicides but they sure do get people in a stir.

Of course they do, for someone who claimed to care about human life earlier you should know why...

Any society that allows the posession of a "tool" that can take out several human lives within seconds should be carefully looked at.

Hyper, you're at an advantage because currently we still interpret an outdated ammendment to mean you can carry, because honestly your arguments are weak. You don't care about self defense and your only argument has always been "it's just a small percentage". But history will show you that small percentages often shape and change law, safety requirements, etc, because human life is human life and if one can be saved it's worth it.

Right now you have your tools for shits and giggles... :shrug:

i like how everyone ignored the harvard study i posted a few pages back :lol:

i guess arguing personal opinions back and forth is more productive.

Like I said, it was a pretty weak review. And even though it didn't start out with a certain agenda it failed to acknowledge a lot of factors. Let's be honest there is no perfect way to study and summarize this subject.

guns=freedom

America is the country with the most freedom, as well as the most guns. Coincidence?

Look at countries like China and Russia where guns are heavily restricted if not completely outlawed. Look how those people live. Oh wait, they have totalitarian governments controlling them. Coincidence?

:hmm:

Like I said, it was a pretty weak review. And even though it didn't start out with a certain agenda it failed to acknowledge a lot of factors. Let's be honest there is no perfect way to study and summarize this subject.

oh, so you read the whole .pdf file that was around 20 pages long?

i know it isnt perfect, but i think it brings up a valid point that should be explored more.

guns=freedom

America is the country with the most freedom, as well as the most guns. Coincidence?

Look at countries like China and Russia where guns are heavily restricted if not completely outlawed. Look how those people live. Oh wait, they have totalitarian governments controlling them. Coincidence?

look at countries like the UK, France, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, New Zealand, and Canada.

are they any less free than we are? likewise, do they have their freedoms restricted because they fear being the victims of gun violence?

do Americans murdered by guns have much freedom anymore?

guns=freedom

I love these types of arguments, they're very entertaining. Given this weak argument I could also plug in 'Britney Spears' and say that is the deciding factor that separates us from these countries. :lmao:

Wait, I thought guns = shits and giggles?

No wait, guns = tools...

Ya'll need to get your arguments straight.

oh, so you read the whole .pdf file that was around 20 pages long?

i know it isnt perfect, but i think it brings up a valid point that should be explored more.

I did. Did you?

I love these types of arguments, they're very entertaining. Given this weak argument I could also plug in 'Britney Spears' and say that is the deciding factor that separates us from these countries. :lmao:

Wait, I thought guns = shits and giggles?

No wait, guns = tools...

Ya'll need to get your arguments straight.

I did. Did you?

yes i did.

how is the guns=freedom arguement weak? im sure the founding fathers didnt have that in mind at all when they made the 2nd amendment. :rolleyes:

when did i say guns=shits and giggles or guns=tools? my arguements were always broader than just "i need to defend myself" or "i just like to shoot stuff"

some of you seem too narrow-minded to be open to any idea other than "guns kill people, lets ban them", so have fun argueing back and forth.

btw, we still have our guns and will probably always have them, so :madspit::D

yes i did.

how is the guns=freedom arguement weak? im sure the founding fathers didnt have that in mind at all when they made the 2nd amendment. :rolleyes:
I'm talking about the "coincidence" part of the argument, very elementary.

Yes but the founding fathers were living in a time when the military and citizen had the same technology, no longer the case.

when did i say guns=shits and giggles or guns=tools? my arguements were always broader than just "i need to defend myself" or "i just like to shoot stuff"
I'm talking about the other gun supporters in this thread.

some of you seem too narrow-minded to be open to any idea other than "guns kill people, lets ban them", so have fun argueing back and forth.
Actually I've been very open, and have repeated myself many many times that I do not want an all out ban, but some people have selective reading...

btw, we still have our guns and will probably always have them, so :madspit::D
Well I was going to say how you have come off much more informed and mature than some of the other gun supporters in this thread, but I may have to take that back...:wink:

Well I was going to say how you have come off much more informed and mature than some of the other gun supporters in this thread, but I may have to take that back...:wink:

:lol:

just joking around, jeez. that mention of Britney Spears made me :yuck:

cant be serious 100% of the time. :wink:

although i am worried Obama is going to take my guns away :lmao:

cant be serious 100% of the time. :wink:

You can't?

internet_serious_business3.jpg

I've lived in the US, Canada, and a couple of European nations.

I can't think of any freedom that I had in the US that I lacked in the others.

But please feel free to elucidate it for me.

I've lived in the US, Canada, and a couple of European nations.

I can't think of any freedom that I had in the US that I lacked in the others.

But please feel free to elucidate it for me.

the freedom to own lots and lots of gun.

i am free because i can own a gun, and i own a gun because i am free.

it's like proving scripture with scripture.

How do you measure freedom anyhow?

Is it based on the size of your mud-flaps?

like you'd know anything about freedom, Canadian slime.

do not speak, unless it's to answer a direct question posed to you by an American.

if you speak out of turn you'll be shot with a semi-automatic handgun.

Back
Top Bottom