Member Details of Extremist, right Wing 'British National Party' Leaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
"A list showing the full contact details of British National Party activists has been published online.
The BNP says the list, which includes home phone numbers and e-mail addresses, dates from 2007 and some people are no longer members.
BNP deputy leader Simon Darby called it "an underhand political attack", saying an ex-employee was to blame.
Party leader Nick Griffin has complained to Dyfed Powys Police, who are investigating.
Mr Griffin said he was disappointed by the leak.
He said: "We'll be asking the police to investigate.
"Having spent a lot of money to secure our members' privacy we are disappointed that it's been breached.
"They know it's been in the hands of someone anti-BNP for a considerable length of time."
Mr Darby said the publication could lead to identity theft and endanger children named in the list.
He believes it was posted on Monday night by an ex-employee who had used it to send out party information to members.
Earlier this year the party obtained an injunction from the High Court in Manchester banning any publication of the list.
The anti-immigration party has won council seats in recent years, and took a London Assembly seat in May."

Can be found here -
BBC NEWS | UK | BNP activists' details published

I for one find it hideously ironic that the BNP party demand protection of their privacy, while their party manifesto lays out plans to scrap the Human Rights Act - the same act they believe should protect them in this instance. I also think that the Teachers and members of the Police found to be members of the BNP should be struck off immediately - if you're willing enough to become a member of such an extremist group (which incites racial hatred and advocated ignorance) then you should not be working with the public.

My first reaction is that this whole thing is very sinister and reeks of NuLab dirty tricks.

I wouldn't say its sinister at all; a lot of people are opposed to the BNP and their tactics, not just New Labour, something like this was bound to happen at some point :shrug:

I wouldn't say its sinister at all; a lot of people are opposed to the BNP and their tactics, not just New Labour, something like this was bound to happen at some point :shrug:

Members of a right wing party have had their addresses published so that they could be attacked by left wing extremists.

You don't find that sinister?

They're not going to be attacked though, are they? They may be harassed on the internet and phoned etc etc, but at the end of the day they're not going to be subjected to the violence they themselves have been party to. Any complaining on their part is merely hypocrisy.

However, saying that I don't want to see anyone attacked - regardless of their political stance. I'm just saying, you can't incite that level of hatred and not expect to be met with animosity.

Far right posting gains in England

By Ben Quinn
Christian Science Monitor, November 20

For decades, the tiny city of Stoke-on-Trent in central England has been a stronghold for the country's left-leaning Labour Party, but disillusionment among poorer white residents and tensions with their Muslim neighbors is pushing the city to the far right. The whites-only, anti-immigration British National Party (BNP), has gone from being a fringe group to gaining a 15% stake in Stoke-on-Trent's governing council. Many observers now believe the group could win enough votes to control the council by 2011.

Some mainstream politicians are now voicing concerns that BNP is poised to make nationwide gains. While white Britons have lived in relative harmony with immigrants for years, the nation's deepening recession is raising concerns of heightened anti-immigrant sentiment, and is sparking support for the far right, says Jon Cruddas, a parliamentarian who represents the London borough of Barking and Dagenham. "History suggests that the far right tends to do well in times of economic trouble," says Mr. Cruddas, who was appointed by Prime Minister Gordon Brown to spearhead a campaign against the far right.

Of the roughly 8000 town council members scattered across England, only 50 or so are members of the BNP. But during June elections, the BNP is expected to make significant gains and could win up to three of England's 59 seats in the European Parliament, according to experts. Such results would also indicate a chance for the party to potentially capture two seats in the United Kingdom's national parliament.

Although the BNP has attempted to distance itself from more militant sections of the far right, such as skinheads, mainstream politicians still regard the party's true colors as inherently fascist, and point to its leader's 1998 conviction for incitement to racial hatred using material denying the Holocaust. Other members have convictions for various types of racial violence. One former activist brought havoc to London in 1999 in a nail-bombing campaign, which killed three people. He later told police he wanted to ignite a race war. The party has links with far right groups and individuals abroad, including former Ku Klux Klansman David Duke, and the National Alliance, one of the foremost white separatist groups in the US.

BNP's popularity might be growing, but that doesn't mean the group has gone mainstream--membership in the group remains grounds for firing for police officers, for instance. A stir was created Monday when BNP's entire membership list was posted on the Internet, identifying thousands of supporters and exposing some to the risk of being fired. The party blamed a former member for leaking the list of around 13,500 names.

Phil Woolas, the newly appointed minister of state for borders and immigration, and a Labour Party member, sparked controversy with comments that the number of immigrants allowed into the UK may have to be reduced because of the economic crisis. He says the government should not allow the population, presently 61 million, to surpass 70 million people.

Alienated working-class whites in urban areas are now being lured away from the Labour and Conservative parties by the BNP in several low-income urban areas, says Jill Rutter, of the Institute for Public Policy Research, a think tank with ties to the Labour Party. In working-class Barking and Dagenham, for instance, the BNP is now the second largest party in the town hall. The main street in the borough of 170,000 has changed significantly in recent years--on the local high street, Afro-Caribbean eateries now stand beside traditional pubs and pie-and-mashed potato cafes. "The population has never been comfortable with immigration, whether it was the Jews in the 19th century or the immigration of post-war years. [Woolas's] comments are a continuation of the view of migrants that has not always been positive," Ms. Rutter says.

Even without the economic crisis, continental Europe has witnessed a marked increase in far right sentiment. In Austria, the rise of the extreme right over the past decade culminated in September when two such parties captured 29 percent of the vote in national elections. Germany's neo-Nazi National Democratic Party has made steady gains in regional elections since the country's reunification in 1989. Italy's National Alliance party, which was formed from the roots of the country's neo-fascist movement, is a partner in Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's governing coalition. Far right movements also appear to be thriving in France and Belgium. Still, until recently Britain has not mirrored its neighbors' politics, says Cruddas. "There has always been an exceptionalism about the UK, but I'm not sure that's the case any more."

Inside the BNP's office in London's City Hall, Richard Barnbrook says his party's gains are just starting. "We expect an economic collapse similar to the 1920s and 30s," says Mr. Barnbrook, the party's first and only representative on the 25-member London Assembly. Forecasting a subsequent outbreak of racial and ethnic conflict, he predicts the BNP will then step into the breach as the party of choice for what he calls "indigenous" Britons.

Others, such as Habib Rahman, of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants, are confident such a scenario is unlikely, though he worries mainstream politicians are pandering to "myths" about immigration to gain "cheap votes." Says Mr. Rahman, "We will have to pull together to get out of a recession, and I think one positive thing will be that new ideas and the hard work of migrants will be part of that."

Who would be part of the BNP? - Telegraph

Jodie, 22, an attractive dental nurse from the Midlands too frightened to give her surname, is standing around a group of folk singers with her baby. "I joined the BNP because of the state of our country," she says. "My aunt's homeless but the council have told her she is low priority because she has been in the country for more than two years. My brother was recently held at gunpoint by a black man. I've just had enough."

Her friend, Lyndsey, a chef, agrees. "There are places around Birmingham that are no-go areas for whites. I'm scared to go on public transport for fear of terrorists. It's got out of hand. We'd like them all to go home."

For all the complaining the Europeans do about the US I must say that having lived in Canada, the US, and both eastern and western Europe, I found the sheer racism and xenophobia of Europe in general to be astounding. As and immigrant, I'd certainly rather be in North America every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

For all the complaining the Europeans do about the US I must say that having lived in Canada, the US, and both eastern and western Europe, I found the sheer racism and xenophobia of Europe in general to be astounding. As and immigrant, I'd certainly rather be in North America every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It's interesting, because I can't say I've spent too much time in Europe, barring a couple of vacations and a month abroad in the U.K., but just from detached observation and reading, I came to much the same conclusion as you.

You're not alone in that assessment. Europeans look at immigrants as people just waiting to steal their jobs. I've met many east indians who lived in England and then moved to Canada and liked it better here and found it easier to settle in and get a job. I've seen some anti-immgrant attitudes in Canada but no marching on the streets or anything like that. I've seen some racist graffiti or people in private conversation admit something racist, but not enough to stop immigrants from finding jobs and making a life.

Based purely on the xenophobia here, as a non-immigrant, 'born and bred' white English woman... I'd rather be in North America too. Just on a more ingrained, casual level I'd say the racism is worse here. I've no idea why. Maybe America is more integrated (in general) and there's more diversity, and therefore less ignorance?
Over here, people need a scapegoat. And the BNP makes anyone different a scapegoat :shrug:

Open racism does seem to be more tolerated in public life in Europe, a politician like this for example would not be tolerated in the US, even in the Deep South:-

Mario Borghezio (born on 3 December 1947 in Turin) is an Italian politician, often accused of having xenophobic ideas.

He is Member of the European Parliament for North-West with the Lega Nord, part of the Non-Inscrits and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs and its Committee on Petitions.

In 1993, he was fined 750,000 lire for beating a Moroccan child. Later, he obtained some notoriety for spraying seats where Nigerian prostitutes had been sitting on the Turin-Milan train, in order to sanitize them. [2]

In September 2005, Borghezio was found guilty of arson, for having set fire to the belongings of some immigrants sleeping under a bridge in Turin during a vigilante raid, and fined 3,040 euro. [3]

Mario Borghezio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy sits in the European Parliament. :|

when immigration rules are too liberal, when the economy sinks and when the jobs dry up this shit only grows.

this shouldn't be surprising to ANYONE.

it's not just in the uk, it's in canada too. i previously talked about how my area is/was growing beyond its means and had a negative unemployment rate... far more jobs than people. suddenly we're immigrating THIRTY german families alone to a community of 3700 people and expect everything to just work?

you can imagine the problems they're having in schools. instead of trickling in, you have a massive influx of children who instead of mixing in with the rest of pupils now stick with their own, and the problems go from there.

am i in anyway defending the BNP? no... especially from their earlier days when they were openly racist and anti-semetic. but it's pretty funny how i sense that many people think that the world lives through the lyrics of bono and that everyone can hold hands and be merry.

partygirlvox.

(This is completely off topic)

What did you think of that movie you put on your avatar? Was Kristen Scott Thomas's performance as good as reviewers are saying it is?

when immigration rules are too liberal, when the economy sinks and when the jobs dry up this shit only grows.

this shouldn't be surprising to ANYONE.

it's not just in the uk, it's in canada too. i previously talked about how my area is/was growing beyond its means and had a negative unemployment rate... far more jobs than people. suddenly we're immigrating THIRTY german families alone to a community of 3700 people and expect everything to just work?

you can imagine the problems they're having in schools. instead of trickling in, you have a massive influx of children who instead of mixing in with the rest of pupils now stick with their own, and the problems go from there.

am i in anyway defending the BNP? no... especially from their earlier days when they were openly racist and anti-semetic. but it's pretty funny how i sense that many people think that the world lives through the lyrics of bono and that everyone can hold hands and be merry.

Ah, nuance and commonsense. A rare thing on FYM, these days.

of course, i had to go on and say immigrating instead of emmigrating, but alas... my point was made clearly enough i believe.

partygirlvox.

(This is completely off topic)

What did you think of that movie you put on your avatar? Was Kristen Scott Thomas's performance as good as reviewers are saying it is?

Yes, it was oscar worthy in my opinion - as was the entire film. Although I'd say most French films are better than English/American ones on balance. Go and see it :up:

I loathed the book of that, but the film was amazingly done and I found the soundtrack went very well. Especially when they used with or without you :up:

Especially when they used with or without you :up:

Yeah that was funny. You really felt for the guy. Though I saw Munich before I saw that movie so that actress Croze kind of creeps me out even when she's being sympathetic.

Well it's nice to know that movies can sometimes better than the book.

the bnp might be bad, but that's kind of lazy labelling. i read a recent survey conducted by a british polling outfit (i can't recall which one offhand, sorry) found that over 60 per cent of those polled were generally in favour of the BNP's policies when they weren't told that they were in fact policies of the BNP.

that was a remarkably awkward paragraph. do you understand what i'm trying to say? i hope so.

nevertheless, i found this to be incredibly funny. is this an example of post-irony?
YouTube - Hitler's BNP membership gets leaked

the bnp might be bad, but that's kind of lazy labelling. i read a recent survey conducted by a british polling outfit (i can't recall which one offhand, sorry) found that over 60 per cent of those polled were generally in favour of the BNP's policies when they weren't told that they were in fact policies of the BNP.

that was a remarkably awkward paragraph. do you understand what i'm trying to say? i hope so.

nevertheless, i found this to be incredibly funny. is this an example of post-irony?
YouTube - Hitler's BNP membership gets leaked

Don't worry - I understood :)

That's not surprising at all giving the xenophobia over here at the moment, and people being so misinformed on the topic of immigration. I can see why a lot of people would agree with the 'stop our country being flooded!!!1' policies; but I think there's a big difference between agreeing with these policies, and associating yourself with the BNP. They incite such violence, towards all minority groups, and it is this violence which people so rightly abhor. If people are going to think stupid things about Immigration, then fine - but the BNP oversteps that line, and encourages its members to be racist and inflict violence. There's just so much wrong with the BNP, I can't even begin to tell you how much I loathe it!

And I've seen that video before, I liked it :lol:

If it is alright to run people out of town for being in fascist parties the use of coercion against an opposition MP could be symptomatic of the same problem.

Members of a right wing party have had their addresses published so that they could be attacked by left wing extremists.

I frequent another music forum dedicated to the music of a British singer songwriter who has been linked with leftist politics, and members of that forum were horrified to find their posts, with their names and photos, linked to Redwatch, which is a far right, xenophobic website dedicated to bashing the shit out of any on the left. The premise being, you see any of these people on the streets, you hunt them down.

Back
Top Bottom