Member Details of Extremist, right Wing 'British National Party' Leaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I frequent another music forum dedicated to the music of a British singer songwriter who has been linked with leftist politics, and members of that forum were horrified to find their posts, with their names and photos, linked to Redwatch, which is a far right, xenophobic website dedicated to bashing the shit out of any on the left. The premise being, you see any of these people on the streets, you hunt them down.

You don't find that sinister?

Who is this british singer song writer? :hmm: Sounds like the sort of board I should be posting on :lol:

I frequent another music forum dedicated to the music of a British singer songwriter who has been linked with leftist politics, and members of that forum were horrified to find their posts, with their names and photos, linked to Redwatch, which is a far right, xenophobic website dedicated to bashing the shit out of any on the left. The premise being, you see any of these people on the streets, you hunt them down.

You don't find that sinister?

Yes of course it is.

Is it not permissible to find both events sinister?

A political party hardly makes gains by sticking to a racist skinhead electoral base
Retired teacher: "I was only a member briefly and went to two meetings. It was a couple of years ago and I joined everything at that time."

Model: "I didn't know the petition [against the building of a mosque] was organised by them and have had nothing to do with them since. I don't know anything about politics."

Musician and university tutor: "I did join and take out a year's subscription in 2005 and this was as a result of having extremely difficult problems where I live locally with youths."

Church minister: "Islam in general motivated me to join the BNP, particularly the thought of allowing Sharia law into our country."

Disc jockey: "I did it for research purposes... I had no interest in infiltrating the BNP – I simply wanted to get on the mailing list."

Former soldier: "A lot of the boys joined because they were campaigning against the IRA and for getting the troops out of Ireland."

Retired teacher: "I went to a meeting to find out more. At the end anyone who wanted to find out more could leave their details, so I did. I started getting mail that was quite extreme, so I decided it wasn't for me."
Police suspend officer who joined BNP - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

Then there is somewhat ironic risk of persecution is an issue
The University of Cambridge has said it will not take action against one of its head engineers, who was outed last week as a member of the British National Party.

Arthur Nightingale, the head experimental design engineer at the university's centre for industrial photonics, feared dismissal after his name was one of those on the list of BNP members published on the internet last week.

But a university spokesman said no action would be taken on the grounds that the political affiliations of members of staff were "a matter for them provided they do not affect their performance in the workplace".

This would include not promoting the party within the university or trying to recruit students, he said.

Nightingale claimed to have joined the party after Gordon Brown refused to hold a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

He told the university's student paper Varsity that he "didn't have a choice but to look to the BNP or Ukip" because all the three main parties were pro-Europe.

But he claimed not to be active within the party despite holding membership.

The chief executive of the Equality Challenge Unit, Nicola Dandridge, said: "Higher education institutions were established to be places of free debate allowing the interchange of ideas. Indeed the promotion of free speech and enquiry retains special legal status within the higher education sector.

"Although Equality Challenge Unit deplores the aims and objectives of the BNP, the primacy of freedom of speech is fundamental and should be upheld even if the views expressed are widely regarded as offensive.

"However, universities also have social and legal obligations to promote good race relations on campus. It is hard to see how institutions can reconcile their duty to promote good race relations with staff being members of the BNP.

"This is particularly the case in relation to staff who have contact with students. Institutions may therefore consider that it is inappropriate for BNP members to have teaching and/or pastoral care responsibilities, or other direct contact with students."
No action against Cambridge BNP member | Education | guardian.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom