Meet Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian DOMINIONIST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives ...... also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children."

In "God's Law," Fuqua's 2012 book, the candidate wrote that while parents love their children, a process could be set up to allow for the institution of the death penalty for "rebellious children," according to the Arkansas Times. Fuqua, who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

According to the Arkansas Times, Fuqua wrote:

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:
This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture [sic] provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

:|:|:|

I had heard about far right wing rascist Christian Churches decades ago but-
it wasn't until about 5-6 years ago that one of the often more intense progressive raddio show talkers (who I grew to respect when suddenly replaced another talker) Mike Malloy started talking about Christian Dominionists. How we should learn more about them.

Well, what Mr Fuqua is saying here is one of the first things I saw on one of their websites was this very subject.

Stuff like this often leaves me either speechless or screaming! So I try not to be around it too much.
may not aree but bthis is an active idea in their communities.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...wow.

Gee, I wonder if this guy also happens to be pro-life :hmm:? I also wonder what exactly would constitute "rebellious" behavior in this guy's view?

It'd be one thing if it was just some random nutjob saying this stuff on a site or whatever. It'd be no less disturbing, of course, but there's wackos of all kinds out there, unfortunately, he'd be nothing new.

But he's actually a candidate for the state's House of Representatives? That's so comforting :|. God help that state if he wins.

Moonlit_Angel said:
I also wonder what exactly would constitute "rebellious" behavior in this guy's view?

But he's actually a candidate for the state's House of Representatives? That's so comforting.

I second this.

ok.... i did...

besides the fact that there might be differing opinions about whether Amway...
....is a legal MLM (multi-level marketing) compamy OR a Pyramid Scheme....

Anyway, wow, I haven't heard the name Amay in quite a long time.

So, turns out.....it's a right wing christian leaning company, who along with learning to sell the products they sell in the MLM/?Pyramid way also indoctrinates their new vmembers with RWC POV.

Amway stands for "American Way".

well, didn't know any of this

oh...happy day :|

Amway is legit. Yes they run a pyramid scheme but come on these guys are wealthier than Donald Trump. That is how it started back in their garage and how one branch still operates but they are way way beyond that now. I do not personally agree with most of their political and many of their religious views but they have a pretty impressive record of philanthropy. I have personally benefited from this my entire life, given where I grew up, went to school, and being in the same "circle" (even related to people who are related to...). You cannot drive 5 miles here and not pass something they paid for. Of all the shit going down right now I would hardly consider Amway a threat. I don't know what "RWC" is, dazzled; Amway is definitely CRC as far as religion/Christianity, always have been.

Amway is legit. Yes they run a pyramid scheme but come on these guys are wealthier than Donald Trump. That is how it started back in their garage and how one branch still operates but they are way way beyond that now. I do not personally agree with most of their political and many of their religious views but they have a pretty impressive record of philanthropy. I have personally benefited from this my entire life, given where I grew up, went to school, and being in the same "circle" (even related to people who are related to...). You cannot drive 5 miles here and not pass something they paid for. Of all the shit going down right now I would hardly consider Amway a threat. I don't know what "RWC" is, dazzled; Amway is definitely CRC as far as religion/Christianity, always have been.

Hi Lsj ....
I'm coming from a place of total ignorance on my part about Amway other than knowing that they've sold stuff! K McC suggested googling it and i did. Had no idea they were a (in my term RWC= ) RightWing Christian group.
I didn't even know they were still around, let alone how rich they might be! I don't consider them a threat per se .... just not thrilled to hear of yet another Right Wing Christian Conservative group.....

But you also may have never seen posts of mine (since for most of my time online here in Interland through the years- I haven't had a lot of access, or time to post anywhere but my usual hang-outs and at times not even there either) where i state that I equally don't like Fundalmentalist Religious groups of any religion, including my own (former) Catholism.

Glad they have helped you out.

Hi Lsj ....
I'm coming from a place of total ignorance on my part about Amway other than knowing that they've sold stuff! K McC suggested googling it and i did. Had no idea they were a (in my term RWC= ) RightWing Christian group.
I didn't even know they were still around, let alone how rich they might be! I don't consider them a threat per se .... just not thrilled to hear of yet another Right Wing Christian Conservative group.....

But you also may have never seen posts of mine (since for most of my time online here in Interland through the years- I haven't had a lot of access, or time to post anywhere but my usual hang-outs and at times not even there either) where i state that I equally don't like Fundalmentalist Religious groups of any religion, including my own (former) Catholism.

Glad they have helped you out.

They are right wing but hardly fundamentalist. Again I'm not defending their position in politics and religion but they are certainly not going around trying to braindwash the masses. Honestly I wouldn't even know where to buy their products if I wanted them. As kids we (meaning my peers) always wondered how they got so rich since we never saw or used their products. They don't have to "indoctrinate" their members because their members (like myself) already grew up in this community. Like it or not Amway/Alticor makes 10billion dollars doing direct sales and MLM (aka pyramid scheme). Dick DeVos Jr. already ran for governor and lost.

Well hang on a second, if Amway are in fact a pyramid scheme... they are by definition not legit.

As far as I know multi-level marketing is not illegal.... Cutco Knives, Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, Pure Romance, Scentsy, Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef....they're all over the place (I personally have never bought or sold any of it).

I was in Amway (or Quixtar as it was known at the time) for two years from 2000 to 2002. I don't have the hate for it in hindsight that many former "IBO"s ("Independent Business Owners" more commonly known as distributors) do. I just came to the conclusion that it wasn't right for me. The branch I was in was definitely hard right and very Christian conservative. And there is an element of motivational methods that does border on brainwashing I think, or at least manipulation.

Well hang on a second, if Amway are in fact a pyramid scheme... they are by definition not legit.
As far as I know multi-level marketing is not illegal.... Cutco Knives, Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, Pure Romance, Scentsy, Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef....they're all over the place (I personally have never bought or sold any of it).

As i was googling and running though brief items there seems to be
a difference between legal MLM companies and illegal pyramisd scheme running companies. I don't remember all i read so :shrug:
maybe i'll relook it up at some point.

BTW Ljs what does actually stand for-
Conservative Religious Christians ?
or
Conservative Rightwing Christians?

Neither, CRC is an actual denomination of Christianity, not a label imposed by others. Amway/Alticorp founders were and still are CRC, but their own political campaigns are not a reflection of the denomination as a whole (I hope that goes without saying).

Back
Top Bottom