Mayan prophecy and 2012 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Old 11-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
That was just a reflex response to AliEnvy referencing 1999 (it's the last line, and the weirdest one). I blame her for my failure to duly note the irrationality of the current system.

I know basically nothing about rave culture, so, wouldn't even try to formulate an opinion there.
Well, the articles I linked give a decent summation of rave culture.

It isn't necessarily political (certainly not in the party political sense) but is generally anti-establishment. I would argue it is an innately entrepreneurial movement.

Unfortunately, on the last occasion some of the hardcore ravers ended up, circa 1996/1997, progressing on to an evil drug called cocaine and other similarly hard stuff.

It is interesting that the drug of choice of 'the yoof' reflects the mood of the times - in the next few years, if it has happened already, cocaine use will probably decline, whereas drugs like acid, ecstasy and magic mushrooms will mount a come back - a bit like a graph of the gold price against the property market index. As I said already, market bubbles will always happen unless human psychology changes, but I would argue that cocaine is a big reason why the recent bubble was even more extravagant than previous ones.

financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote