Mass Shooting at South Carolina AME Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was an African American church. He told his victims that they were raping "our" women and we're taking over "our" country.

And because he's an American male he gets all the guns he wants.

You know the rest.

Would it be unreasonable to label this a terrorist act? By the sounds of what Irvine is saying it reeks of a white supremacist attack.

Yeah was just going off Twitter. No concrete news yet.

I don't think there's been two shootings in 24 hours in Australia in my lifetime.

tumblr_nq51f4X6931qz82gvo1_540.jpg

South African apartheid flag on his jacket, not sure what the green and white flag below represents (EDIT: Rhodesian flag, aka colonial Zimbabwe), but it says much more than enough about him. Fascist scum.

This scumbag is going to rot in hell for eternity. What a worthless piece of human garbage, this is why torture tactics don't go far enough. This guy deserves brutal torture and suffering before they end his horrible and worthless existence.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This scumbag is going to rot in hell for eternity. What a worthless piece of human garbage, this is why torture tactics don't go far enough. This guy deserves brutal torture and suffering before they end his horrible and worthless existence.

Because as we all know, bloodthirsty revenge is the best form of justice.

Yes, torture as justice is an excellent idea. It's always good when you share favored capital punishment methods with ruthless dictators.

There's a point where a message has to be sent to these psychos. They become exactly what they want when they have these mass shootings. Their name becomes famous, they sit in an isolated area and then either rot in prison or die. That's simply not enough. Now, do we need to chop off all of his fingers and gouge out his eyes? No, probably not. But they allow these scumbags a quick and pain less death.
Will it stop people from doing these shootings and heinous crimes? No. But if these shootings were properly handled instead of a massive media coverage about their names and lives and if these murderers actually had to suffer for their actions, a lot of these nuts probably wouldn't be as common. This isn't a gun issue like many of the liberal nutjobs like to make it, because every time a gun is involved, all deaths need to be disregarded so we can focus on guns again. Because if someone is driven to commit mass murder, there is absolutely no way they can find access to a weapon if guns are illegal. (Sarcasm) It's a morality issue and won't be fixed, but treating these situations better instead of always blaming guns would be a step forward. But of course, no one can gain political leverage from that, so it won't happen.

There's a point where a message has to be sent to these psychos.

Most of these psychos usually go suicide by cop. They're expecting to die. To be martyred for their cause, if you will. What "message" gets sent if we torture them?

They become exactly what they want when they have these mass shootings. Their name becomes famous, they sit in an isolated area and then either rot in prison or die. That's simply not enough.

For you, maybe.

But if these shootings were properly handled instead of a massive media coverage about their names and lives and if these murderers actually had to suffer for their actions, a lot of these nuts probably wouldn't be as common.

I agree that the media could handle this much better, and if the media didn't make such a circus about the killers and their past - if the media didn't make every mass murderer a celebrity, then maybe that would be a deterrent, but torture sure as hell wouldn't be.

This isn't a gun issue like many of the liberal nutjobs like to make it, because every time a gun is involved, all deaths need to be disregarded so we can focus on guns again.

Right, because talking about the insanely easy access to guns is disregarding the deaths caused by them?

It's a morality issue and won't be fixed,

You certainly won't fix a morality issue by perpetuating the cycle of violence.

There's a point where a message has to be sent to these psychos. They become exactly what they want when they have these mass shootings. Their name becomes famous, they sit in an isolated area and then either rot in prison or die. That's simply not enough. Now, do we need to chop off all of his fingers and gouge out his eyes? No, probably not. But they allow these scumbags a quick and pain less death.
Will it stop people from doing these shootings and heinous crimes? No. But if these shootings were properly handled instead of a massive media coverage about their names and lives and if these murderers actually had to suffer for their actions, a lot of these nuts probably wouldn't be as common. This isn't a gun issue like many of the liberal nutjobs like to make it, because every time a gun is involved, all deaths need to be disregarded so we can focus on guns again. Because if someone is driven to commit mass murder, there is absolutely no way they can find access to a weapon if guns are illegal. (Sarcasm) It's a morality issue and won't be fixed, but treating these situations better instead of always blaming guns would be a step forward. But of course, no one can gain political leverage from that, so it won't happen.

Psychos and nuts as you call them do not respond or act upon consequences so everything you're talking about is moot. Most mass shootings are carried out by those with mental issues, so torturing will do nothing but satisfy your bloodlust.

Guns may not be the issue, but the ease to which one can get a gun is part of the problem.

Exactly, his face is already plastered all over the media.

This will drive the news for days. Forget that 60 plus people who have been murdered in Baltimore since May. I can't remember the number for Chicago or L.A.

A news leak about pills found on him is not confirmed yet, but I'm guessing he's another Adam Lanza. Red flags all around him, but no one took them seriously.

President (not gonna bring us together) Obama wasted no time in pulling out his race card and pressing his anti-gun agenda.

Another Adam Lanza, as in a piece of shit white person who had way too easy access to guns thanks to his parents? Then yes.

Psychos and nuts as you call them do not respond or act upon consequences so everything you're talking about is moot. Most mass shootings are carried out by those with mental issues, so torturing will do nothing but satisfy your bloodlust.

Guns may not be the issue, but the ease to which one can get a gun is part of the problem.

Exactly. We expect someone who is mentally ill to actually care about consequences? These people don't have the same values/morals as the rest of us. They don't feel sympathy, or remorse.

They do not care about their fate. They want to inflict their damage, and usually they are ready to die after their task is done.

Threatening force after their capture (if they're captured) doesn't mean shit to them. In fact, they may ask/want it to happen to make even more of a twist point in their view.

Wanting to torture a human being shows a lack of mental stability on your part (not you BVS). People reacting (or overreacting) is not something a society can be built upon, or progress to.

There are two issues:

1. Guns
2. Little to no regulations on who can or does access a gun

Exactly, his face is already plastered all over the media.

This will drive the news for days. Forget that 60 plus people who have been murdered in Baltimore since May. I can't remember the number for Chicago or L.A.

A news leak about pills found on him is not confirmed yet, but I'm guessing he's another Adam Lanza. Red flags all around him, but no one took them seriously.

President (not gonna bring us together) Obama wasted no time in pulling out his race card and pressing his anti-gun agenda.

I really think you have to be a troll. A brilliant one at that. I only say this because of your reply about voting for Trump.

You don't make any case against guns by listing the 60 people killed in City X, Y, Z.

People are still dying. It's just as tragic when it's inner cities, as it is in a church. Of course the media focuses more on the shootings that happen at a CHURCH, or ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, versus what is typically gang related activity. It's pretty much common for us to associate gangs and death. It's now getting to the same level that if school children are shot, that's just America

It's still guns. We'll never get rid of them, but we should take steps to regulate them.

I'm so fucking angry today. Because of our insane gun culture, this racist scumbag was able to murder 9 innocent people. Because he's a lone white male, we're not allowed to call him a terrorist. Because he was a white male he was able to be taken into custody alive. This country is so fucked up.

I really think you have to be a troll. A brilliant one at that. I only say this because of your reply about voting for Trump.

You don't make any case against guns by listing the 60 people killed in City X, Y, Z.

People are still dying. It's just as tragic when it's inner cities, as it is in a church. Of course the media focuses more on the shootings that happen at a CHURCH, or ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, versus what is typically gang related activity. It's pretty much common for us to associate gangs and death. It's now getting to the same level that if school children are shot, that's just America

It's still guns. We'll never get rid of them, but we should take steps to regulate them.

I wasn't making a case against guns. I was trying to make the case that evil people are murdering people.

Why is a person's life taken by a gang member of less importance to the media and to the president? It's because they can't play their "race card" and push their agenda.
The media can't have days of parading their experts and talking heads.

For God's sake, why can't we discuss the real issues?

Here's one:

It's now being reported that his father gave him the gun. It is also being reported the police found a prescription drug on the Charlestown murderer.

Sounds like the parenting skills of Adam Lanza's mother.

Oh, so it's all about bad parenting? So, the difference between us, Australia, The UK, France, Spain, Italy, etc is that Americans just suck at parenting?

No. The difference is that it's easier to get a gun than a driver's license. The difference is that our culture reveres gun ownership like we're still in 1775. It's sick.

given that this was a white nationalist murdering african americans in a church where MLK had preached and was once a stop on the Underground Railroad, combined with the fact that this person has easy access to firearms especially in a southern state, how is this issue not about race and guns?

honestly.

Back
Top Bottom