Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1434700525.732735.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	10124

Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #62
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:52 PM
What kind of weapon did he use? Do we know that detail yet?

The Sandy Hook pig he had an automatic weapon(perhaps more than one).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 06-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #63
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/11668795501...7868420565397/

Jon pretty much nailed it.

"a racial wound that will not heal but we pretend doesn't exist..."

Sums it up. Some pretend it doesn't exist and others try their hardest to diminish the fact that it exists.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #64
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Woah
That's kind of like a broken clock being right twice a day. Immediately after that he went on to say it was a lie to claim that this demonstrates that America has a problem with racism.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Here's what I don't understand. The same people who preach about American Exceptionalism think that it's citizens are so morally bankrupt that if we tried to ban guns the country would devolve into chaos. They think that we are so inherently inferior to every other developed country, that eliminating guns isn't going to help, because well, we are just so violent. It's sad that they think like this.

What's also telling, is that the number of guns sold under the Obama administration is much, much higher than those sold under W. And yet, according to these same folks, racism isn't a problem.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:52 PM
I would like to understand why this doesn't happen in other countries?

They have the same access to movies, video games, internet (the more Western societies, not those ruled under dictatorship etc).

Yet they don't go around killing people like we do. Yes a country like Norway will have a mass shooting, and a horrific one at that....but the USA will have multiple a year.

We find the excuse "mental illness". Yes a person has to be slightly insane to kill like this guy did, but he was aware of his actions. He had an intention, a motive. A crazy person just runs into the street and shoots. This guy wanted to kill black people.

It's been said over and over in here, and unfortunately to those who lean to the right, they refuse to acknowledge it.

The problem are our lack of regulations on guns.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #67
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

More guns is the answer, Fuckabee says that if someone in that prayer circle had a conceal carry permit this wouldn't have happened. Of course SC doesn't allow conceal carry in Churches, but hey

I guess god told him...

Old 06-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Rand Paul doesn't think it's about gun control...

Quote:
“What kind of a person goes in a church and shoots nine people? There’s a sickness in our country. There’s something terribly wrong,” Paul said. “But it isn’t going to be fixed by the government. It’s people straying away. It’s people not understanding where salvation comes from.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #69
Blue Crack Distributor

Fucking pathetic, and I'm saying that as a Christian. What a slimy little toad.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #70
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

You can really tell how desperately out of touch much of the right wing is by their response to this. Governor Haley says she can't understand what leads a person to commit this kind of act, while the stars and bars fly outside the capitol building, and on this racist murderer's car. The NRA and their purchased politicians talk about more guns solving this problem (the lunacy of that stance is astounding to me - because what we really want is for everyone to be packing heat in a house of God).

No one, not one of them, has been able to utter the word racist yet. It's appalling.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #71
Blue Crack Distributor

It makes me sick.

You know what? If I'm ever the victim of an act of violence, I want to go on record that the reason I wasn't carrying a weapon wasn't that a law said I couldn't, but that I didn't want to carry one.

Believe it or not, I'm not frightened enough by other people to think I need to defend myself from them.

Nor am I ignorant enough to believe that having a gun on my person is going to save me from all of life's troubles.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
is. Governor Haley says she can't understand what leads a person to commit this kind of act, while the stars and bars fly outside the capitol building, and on this racist murderer's car.
Does she not understand English? I mean the guy explicitly stated what lead him to commit this act (i.e. starting a race war).
Old 06-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Exactly. Jon Stewart's take was spot on. Racism is STILL a problem in this country. Racism + Internet + easy access to guns = mass murder. The NRA asshole suggesting that someone else armed would have helped is as bad as blaming the woman who was raped because her skirt was too short.

If the past 6 months haven't reminded America that racism is alive and well, nothing will.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #74
Refugee

Quote:
especially when you look at the much higher murder rates in states like Connecticut, Vermont, Iowa, and North Dakota, which have outlawed the death penalty.
Vermont also has the most lax gun laws in the country. And gun violence is no problem here.

I know that very few here will share my sentiment, but I like guns. Shooting and marksmanship is fun, and I've built my own custom AR-15. I like feeling like I'm back in the Corps and it helps me blow off steam. I often exercise my right to concealed carry while I'm out and about. Am I particularly worried about my safety? Nope.

I am not a huge fan of the NRA and I do support some modest gun control that will help prevent those who shouldn't have a gun from getting one. I vehemently oppose bans on "assault rifles" (inaccurate term) and extended magazines. Getting a gun is also not as easy as many are claiming, and I get the feeling that none of you have any actual experience with that. I was buying a new hunting rifle last fall from an FFL after I had just moved to a new apartment, and I couldn't purchase because I didn't have enough proof of my place of address (my license had my old address). I had bills from new apartment, but they were not sufficient and I needed help from my landlord to prove my address. They also did a thorough background check.

And none of the proposed gun control legislation would have prevented what happened. He used a regular handgun with no extended magazines or anything else, that was lawfully given to him by his parents. Would making it illegal to give your kid a firearm when they are of legal age to own one have prevented it? Probably not, he would have probably just taken it from them. Blame the parents if you want, (and I do) but the problem here is racism, and (if not this time, in many others) mental illness.

Feel free to attack me now for me being a 'gun lover'
Old 06-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #75
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Honestly, the right's reaction to this has for the most part made nauseous. I can barely flip through Facebook without seeing some link posted from my friends on the right that doesn't make my skin crawl.

Today the U.S. Flags over the capital are all half mast, except the confederate flag. I know it's state law, but it's very telling.